Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CASE MODDING MY WII

• 19-03-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭

So I've decided to add a bit of life to my Wii by case modding it. I'm going for the typical see-through housing which looks pretty slick IMO. Just wondering if anyone has done this or something similar to this before and any problems i should look out for? If you have you should post a finished pic of your case mod, would be cool to see what other people have done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

I've changed the case for a black one, handy enough once you have the right screwdrivers and a bit of patience.

Plenty of vids on youtube to follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

Nice one, did the case you bought cost you much? just wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I installed a black case. It looks so much better IMO. Never even thought of using a guide or youtube. But it was handy enough and held together with more screws than I thought internally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got mine Here and it's free shipping as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

I stuck the clear crystal case with a few additional LEDs on mine no trouble. Takes a bit of time and patience but the guide I got off the site I got the case from had a comprehensive step by step tutorial which was fine.

You just need a BIG clean table or desk to work on. Watch the screws and best keep them together.

Mine came with the tri and philips screwdrivers.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

writetojd wrote: »
    I stuck the clear crystal case with a few additional LEDs on mine no trouble. Takes a bit of time and patience but the guide I got off the site I got the case from had a comprehensive step by step tutorial which was fine.

You just need a BIG clean table or desk to work on. Watch the screws and best keep them together.

Mine came with the tri and philips screwdrivers.

Best of luck
    Just installed the crystal case yesterday (tempted to add some LEDs) with just a bitta hassle with some screws and the gamecube controller cover which i just left out in the end. Everything is working fine all the same. Thanks for the help lads. Thinking of picking up an Original Xbox and Casemodding it as well as installing a modchip also for my next time killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

I know it's a bit late now but the Leds came with mine and the instructions were easy follow. Just take out an extra piece and add a wire. Simples.

Looks like it went back together fine. No panic at the end with any extra screws? ;)

Advertisement