Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog sh!t in Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-03-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Is there anything being done about dog sh!t in Kilkenny? Or is there any council/corporation department I can direct my my complaint to? I live on the johnswell rd with a "green" area in front of my house but I can't let my child play there due to the amount of people who use this area as a toilet for their dogs, without the hassle of picking it up! let alone the state of the footpaths! I'm sure this isn't just a problem in my neighborhood but surely a problem all around the town?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

environ.ie wrote:
    Dog Fouling
    Section 22 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 makes it an offence for the person in charge of a dog not to clean up when their dog fouls in a public place. Please act responsibly - clean up after your dog and dispose of the dirt in a suitable sanitary manner; use a paper bag. Dog dirt is a health hazard and some day your child might be affected by someone else’s failure to ‘do the right thing’. Train your dog to “go at home” in the garden. Failure to clean up your dog’s waste can lead to a 150 euro “on-the-spot” fine or on summary conviction to a fine of up to 3,000 euro.
    source

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

That's the "law" but who enforces it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

kkmick wrote: »

If you know who's doing it regularly, you can get a form from the county council and give it to the dog owner, this makes it known to him that you're lodging a complaint. Then you complain to the district court.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Used to go for the odd jog in St.Kieran's College around dusk.There are signs everywhere about dog litter but people bring their dog's in and let them crap all over the place. Security told me to leave because the president of school didn't want people jogging around the pitches. It was o.k for a dog to run around and do a **** but humans could just **** right off. I love this Christian society we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

kkmick wrote: »

If you know who's doing it regularly, you can get a form from the county council and give it to the dog owner, this makes it known to him that you're lodging a complaint. Then you complain to the district court.

Thanks C.H. That might be a good suggestion but surely there must be an easier way to complain than actually walking up to someone and handing them a form telling them your reporting them to the district court? Im lucky that I work all week so I miss 11 hours of the day when I'm not at home. I can't spend the time sitting at home trying to catch everybody. Surely there has to be someone in Kilkenny council/corporation who has some responsibility for it? And even if I do give someone the form what will the district court do???? They are hardly going to crack down on dog owners when they are letting the usual scumbags away every week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement