Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lentil Dishes

Options
  • 19-03-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I'm just looking for some nice recipes including lentil's...

Primarily looking for dishes I can use for dinner, and the healthier the better

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Something like Broccoli, lentil and sweet potato curry, lentil nut roast, mushroom/lentil moussaka, lentil soup etc would be lovely. I'm sure peopel with recipes will be along shortly :-p
    Somebody served this on here before, sounded nice: dal lentils slowly cooked in lemon juice, with a hot tom yum sauce, roasted red peppers and courgettes with a garlic aoili.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Indian Dahl - you can add different types of lentils in the one dish for more colour/variety.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-indian-dahl/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

busyliving wrote: »
    Hey all

I'm just looking for some nice recipes including lentil's...

Primarily looking for dishes I can use for dinner, and the healthier the better

Cheers in advance
    I like all the lentil dishes on greensaffron.com. You need to use the spice mixes they sell is the only thing, though you can get them by post etc.

As far as I remember the lentil recipes are:

Red Lentil dahl
    Dahl Makhani
    Suzi Sensation [specific to that company I believe rather than a generic dish]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

/makes notes

I always have tons of lentils in the press to use up, it's my favourite thing to buy and forget to use :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Here's a dish I pulled off the vegan stoner blog...

VeganStoner-LentilLoaf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Puy lentils are the best IMO you can use them for moussaka, shepherds pie, burgers, salads etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

A puy lentil salad or I use it to substitute for meat in pies and spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rainshine

I recently made harira which is a moroccan soup with lentils, tomatoes, chickpeas and loads of herbs and spices. It actually turns out more like a stew and I added potatoes and carrots to make more of a dinner out of it. And its one of those dishes that tastes even better the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hannahmag

Puy Lentil Lasagne is great. And puy lentils with roasted veg in a chilli/lemon dressing.

Advertisement