Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorsport Image C&C

• 19-03-2012 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

6852243410_abd0886961_b.jpg

Picture took at a rally i attend in bishops court race track co.down n.ireland.
    Image was shot in AV @f4.5 for 1/1600 @ 70mm

Feedback would be great

Many Thanks

Emmet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I'd prefer to either see more panning or shallower dof to make the car stand out a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Well done, you've captured the peak of the action & it is crystal clear. Your exposure looks to be spot on, as well.

The photo would have more impact if the background was blurred out a bit.
    This could be achieved by using a wider aperture, or by panning - but ofc you can't go back & retake the photo! The bg can be blurred in PP though. I havent done it myself, I just know it is doable. I think you'll improve the photo if you give that a try.

-FoxT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Pin Sharp....as others laso mentioned...background being blurred would add to it.

Midland Motor club might be interested in it :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056572163

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emac2007

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    I'd prefer to either see more panning or shallower dof to make the car stand out a bit more
    FoxT wrote: »
    Well done, you've captured the peak of the action & it is crystal clear. Your exposure looks to be spot on, as well.

The photo would have more impact if the background was blurred out a bit.
    This could be achieved by using a wider aperture, or by panning - but ofc you can't go back & retake the photo! The bg can be blurred in PP though. I havent done it myself, I just know it is doable. I think you'll improve the photo if you give that a try.

-FoxT
    Mylow wrote: »
    Pin Sharp....as others laso mentioned...background being blurred would add to it.

Midland Motor club might be interested in it :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056572163

After reading that i stuck a wee watermark on as i usually do..... yeah i agree panning blurred shots are good looking images but in this game people prefer pin sharp images. Panning and blurring is a tech i used if i'm stuck in a non action location to add effect as you can see from below image.

6998369923_d5bc03cea2_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Oops, my bad :)

Please only post your own pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Panning has its place but I take what emac2007 says about pin sharp, love the shot of the Mini. I would crop some of the sky to bring it back the attention to the car but keep it in a normal ratio (8x10/8x12) I wouldnt have any problem with the dof in the shot, you might be able to move further back and shoot a longer focal length at the same f-stop to get a narrower dof.

Prodrift panning, at the first corner perfect for panning shot with a 300mm f2.8 1/50th f18

596FDCBAD7F4440FB5C7427575FA9959-800.jpg

Advertisement