Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skyrim Ruining Bugs & Glitches on PS3

• 19-03-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

ok I'm getting frustrated with this game more and more having put in 164+ hours into it

cannot complete ''Blood On The Ice'' one of the characters i have to talk to won't bring up the dialogue line to continue/advance through the next part, so i cannot get the trophy or complete this.

also

i cannot complete ''Reunification Of Skyrim'' which i 'think' is part of main storyline!!! it says i have to 'regain the pale' when i get to the imperial camp a grey arrow hovers over the captain inside the tent but no text dialogue line comes up and nothing happens, can't do anything to advance the quest

also having spent hours upon hours trawling through caves and places i have tracked down all but 1 dragon priest mask, i want to get the last mask when you get all 8 to place on the wall at Labyrinthian, and having got stuck i googled where this last one was.. low and behold, guess where the last mask is... in 'skulfdafn' and i can't go back there. :mad:

just wondering if anyone else having problems with quests you can't complete and any other stuff ruining the game for you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'm having a similar problem, on the quest to go to Sky Haven temple with Esbren and Delphine.
    I had already cleared the place before the quest was given to me and now the npc's won't budge past the first obstacle even though it's already done.

There are a load of bugs like this, it's madness especially since this is part of the main quest, it means I've no way of finishing the game now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

oh yeah i remember that quest, it is part of the main storyline alright. that really is annoying man. what can you do!?! i have thought about starting the game all over again from scratch but there is no point, id almost certainly run into a bug elsewhere ruining the game on me, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The thieves guild questline got really bad for me. i had to do a lot of console work to finish it but that led to more problems so I started a new game in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Unfortunately I'm on PS3 so I can't even do any messing around on the console.

I was saving the main storyline for as long as I could hold off, 160 hours later when I finally get around to doing it I find myself so frustrated that the game is in the box not to be played for a couple of years just coz of a stupid glitch that shouldn't be there in the first place.

At least in the Morrowind days if you did something too soon or anything you got a message saying that the action effects such and such meaning you can reload a save then and there and not 100 hours later.

That be life, the good people at Bethesda were good enough to give us dragons at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im on the xbox and I had a main mission quest (which I posted about here) I have a number of side missions that cannot be cleared that involve speaking to a person or collecting a bounty from someone. Skald seems to be one of the peeps.

The thing is that the relevent people are alive and well but the dialogue options never appear. Also when you click on the mission to see its location, the game wont do it. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I've a bug on the xbox. I can't go forward in the companions quest because i cleared a bandit camp before starting the quest and now i have to clear it again and the objective marker is over a bandit chief who i've already killed.

I've tried resurrecting the bandit with staffs and spells and shít but it won't work.
    I really wanted to do the companion quest and I'm not loading the game because i cleared that camp 2 or 3 months ago and I've completed other quests in that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

On the companions questline, there is one half way through , to find and kill an escaped prisoner.
    I left this for a while to do others and not that quest in on the bottom half of the quests menu (finished quests) but still has a clear diamon beside the quest name as opposed to a filled in one for a completed quest.
    Now I can't continue with the companions quests even though Vikras(?) says I still have a job to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Nodferatu wrote: »
    ok I'm getting frustrated with this game more and more having put in 164+ hours into it

cannot complete ''Blood On The Ice'' one of the characters i have to talk to won't bring up the dialogue line to continue/advance through the next part, so i cannot get the trophy or complete this.

also

i cannot complete ''Reunification Of Skyrim'' which i 'think' is part of main storyline!!! it says i have to 'regain the pale' when i get to the imperial camp a grey arrow hovers over the captain inside the tent but no text dialogue line comes up and nothing happens, can't do anything to advance the quest

also having spent hours upon hours trawling through caves and places i have tracked down all but 1 dragon priest mask, i want to get the last mask when you get all 8 to place on the wall at Labyrinthian, and having got stuck i googled where this last one was.. low and behold, guess where the last mask is... in 'skulfdafn' and i can't go back there. :mad:

just wondering if anyone else having problems with quests you can't complete and any other stuff ruining the game for you?

Try talking to General whatever his anme is Tulius? I remmeber something like this happening to me but I was with the stormcloaks :D

KeithTS wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem, on the quest to go to Sky Haven temple with Esbren and Delphine.
    I had already cleared the place before the quest was given to me and now the npc's won't budge past the first obstacle even though it's already done.

There are a load of bugs like this, it's madness especially since this is part of the main quest, it means I've no way of finishing the game now!

What part is it? try pushing them towards the area you need them to be in or shouting them towards it. Maybe try pushing them off the ledge? Try attacking and then yielding if its possible...

Nodferatu wrote: »

also

What character - there are a number of shortcuts in blood on the ice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

This might help for the Reunification questline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTFGyNrWFA

Advertisement