Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC checklist question for family application?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I am applying for IEC for myself, partner and child - i have a question on forms i need to complete for my 6 year old son.

i have completed all forms for myself and partner as directed by checklist but i am confused what i need to fill in for my son.

I have filled in the "IEC Application and Declarations form" for him but i presume i dont have to fill in the " Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295)" as he wont be working...

I know i have to apply for study permit for him to be able to attend school but i dont think this has to be sent with the IEC application? Also do i only apply for this study permit after we get accepted on the IEC program?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

are you putting your kid in school over here? that would definitely be something that you need to look at before you submit the paperwork i reckon, if you havent already

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bops2042

Helix wrote: »
    are you putting your kid in school over here? that would definitely be something that you need to look at before you submit the paperwork i reckon, if you havent already

yes he would be attending school, our plan is to research schools and sort all that out once we arrive in CA (depending upon visa application being granted)
    Or do we need to have that concrete before we apply for study permit? That would be very hard from over here i would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not sure, but it's something you'll need to look into for sure. mightnt be too easy to get the kid into school since you're not a citizen, nor have you paid taxes over here. i may be wrong, but it could end up costing money. best give the canadian government a call and check that out

Advertisement