Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an Introduction and a question or two

Options
  • 19-03-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i'm a newcomer to the boards, i joined last week when some photographer friends talked me into visiting the boards but naturally my curiosity got the best of me so i had a look for one of my other passions, the paranormal and was quite surprised to see so many threads. i'm going to take this time to apologize to the moderators because i'm already digging up so many old posts and adding to them (i hope that's allowed?) but its all in the name of giving personal insight and the like. i noticed that many of the threads face a lot of skepticism but i'm not going to let that kind of thing put me off posting.

So anywho i have been into the paranormal for over 10yrs and have amassed a book collection of over 300 books dealing with everything from demonology to exorcism and spirits. i've worked on shows like most haunted and the worlds most scariest places but personally don't like the image they portray - especially taps, there are some genuine paranormal societies and ghost hunters out there but it seems the new generation of shows just sensationalize everything and shy away from the science behind it.i personally practice clairvoyancey/controlled spirit communication/divination/and astral projection, so its a bit more than a hobby really. i've had many experiences with hauntings and spirits but have yet to see an alien or ufo ..some day perhaps :)

So that's it really and i don't want to ramble too much, again sorry to the mods if i resurrect old threads if i'd known about this board when it first began i would have joined but for now i'm playing a 100 and something page game of catch up :)

Oh and on to my question, what is the percentage of people who research and are involved with the paranormal weekly versus those who just randomly post and follow the odd story or case? do most people just wander onto the boards every now and then or are there people on here who regularly post and are avid followers of everything and anything that goes bump in the night? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Oh and on to my question, what is the percentage of people who research and are involved with the paranormal weekly versus those who just randomly post and follow the odd story or case? do most people just wander onto the boards every now and then or are there people on here who regularly post and are avid followers of everything and anything that goes bump in the night? :rolleyes:

Hi Lisa, thanks for your helpful info/opinion on other threads. I'm sure the mods wont mind threads being resurrectued, its all good I'm sure:D

To answer your question, I'm just curious and unread. I have had a couple of what seemed like paranormal experiences, and have had 2 accounts of other persons experiences, both of which I would hold in high regard, and not being likely to fabricate or hullicinate etc

Me, well I'm an avid viewer of Rescue Mediums and John Edwards..i though the Psychic Private eyes show was good too....hope Im not coming across as a TV fanatic, :o, I dont watchtv apart from those shows. Well thats me:p

edit: err...big fan of Judge Judy too : )

Hey welcome to the forum. I dont know what the percentage is, there are alot of us who know each other and there are alot of people who pop in and out.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Welcome. :)

If youre bumping an old thread, it might be nice to just say that in your post, not that it makes much difference, its just a courtesy to the regulars, and it reminds us as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

ah that makes sense about the bumping, i'll re-edit the posts now with the *bump* thanks for the heads up :)

Advertisement