Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long can purees stay in the fridge?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

I made a batch of purees on Sat and have some left that were not eaten and wondering would they be alright in the fridge for meals for tomorrow or would they have to be thrown out. One consists of sweet potato, apple and carrot and the other is carrot, butternut squash, pear and dash of orange juice.

I should have put more in the freezer but thought that they would have been eaten.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am not sure but I only leave them for 2 days max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am not sure but I only leave them for 2 days max.

likewisw, 48 hours max and i defrost them in the fridge as well. i wouldnt let them defrost in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

+1, I wouldn't hazard more than 2 days in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, 48 hours is all I'd leave anything in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

Brilliant I was thinking 2 days but then didn't know if you would be able for longer. Thanks everyone :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement