Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy first aid supplies?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to pick up some basic first aid supplies on the cheap in the city? I need the following items for a mountain bike race:
    • Space blanket
    • Triangular bandage
    • Dressing
    Would I be able to pick that stuff up in Boots or the like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

I just did an OFA course and the tutor suggested we keep an eye out for Lidl First Aid kits. They have everything including compund bandages, dressings, pads, sheers etc. and she said they're really good quality. She said they only cost 7 euro which I find unbelieveable but if you're only looking for a handful of items it might be better value...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

lestat21 wrote: »
    I just did an OFA course and the tutor suggested we keep an eye out for Lidl First Aid kits. They have everything including compund bandages, dressings, pads, sheers etc. and she said they're really good quality. She said they only cost 7 euro which I find unbelieveable but if you're only looking for a handful of items it might be better value...

+1 for lidl - got one a couple of months back for the car. TUV (german standards body) compliant, where is a requirement to have such a kit in the car in addition to passing a first aid test when getting your driving license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

I always build my own. It's way cheaper.

I just buy the bandages and scissors and space blankets in chemists or places like emergency care supplies.

Don't bother with anything fancy in first aid kits. Scissors, plasters, plenty of triangular bandages, roller bandages, gauze and tape and you're well on your way to being able to cope with an awful lot of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

join the civil defence and get a free first aid kit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

I'm not looking for a kit, or to be able to actually treat any number of people. I just need one of each of the three items I mentioned in my original post to satisfy the rules of the race. Will I be able to get that stuff in any normal chemist/pharmacy or is there somewhere speciailised I need to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Most good chemists should stock those items.
    Ring and check beforehand just in case.
    Aldi may have some car first aid kits in stock for anyone that's interested.
    mossy95 wrote: »
    First aid supplies are dangerours i assure you to not use them and i assure you to not try them and i assure you that you will be asusred by the assuring evidence that i have just assured youll have a great time at school.
    Wtf??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP most decent pharmacies will be able to provide you with the information you need plus the kit.

Failing that I use THESE PEOPLE in Ringsend for tape, bandages, gauze etc all the time.

Someone mentioned Lidl, seriously if you see their car kit for sale grab one or two, they're very good. Only thing I've really added to mine was a good scissors, better tape, some disprin/Asprin and wipes.

Advertisement