Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House

Options
  • 19-03-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I am with Eircom since December last. We have been temporarily living in a house a couple of miles from ours while renovations were being done.We are now moving back to our house in another month or so. What is the procedure for transferring the line? It is in the same area so the same number will be reinstated there. A neighbour was telling me that as I am in a 12 month contract it will be like cancelling it and I will have to pay a disconnection fee. Is this true, the line is already in the house and the telephone number was previously there so will it be a simple matter of just turning it on?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

caoimh38 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am with Eircom since December last. We have been temporarily living in a house a couple of miles from ours while renovations were being done.We are now moving back to our house in another month or so. What is the procedure for transferring the line? It is in the same area so the same number will be reinstated there. A neighbour was telling me that as I am in a 12 month contract it will be like cancelling it and I will have to pay a disconnection fee. Is this true, the line is already in the house and the telephone number was previously there so will it be a simple matter of just turning it on?:confused:

Hi caoimh38,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay replying.

Just call into Services on 1901 - freefone.

If you're moving back into your home address and keeping your account with us, there will be no cancellation charges.

Let me know if you've any problems afterwards.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 9 caoimh38

Thanks Ant

Advertisement