Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N51 between Slane and M1

Options
  • 20-03-2012 1:01am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...is it reopened after the road works? I've a friend coming down from the north and he'd be coming that way off the M1. I see it was supposed to reopen on the 16th March - just wondering can anyone here confirm it's back open?

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/NewsandEvents/Name,48688,en.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Was still blocked off yesterday evening at 4PM anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Met a car full of Derry supporters on Sunday heading to Navan and lost at the Obelisk bridge @ Oldbridge!! road still closed...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

FFS. Typical, I suppose my hoping the council website was accurate was a bit too much to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

Your friend from the north could take the M1 exit for Dunleer/Collon (the R169 I think?), which will bring them onto N2 just north of Collon.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

aye! or to keep it even more simple for them... drive through Ardee town and keep on the N2 to Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Or when they come to the blocked bit of the road go right towards Tullyallen, then left until they get to the N2 then left again and into Slane. Bad roads though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Boyne road south of Droheda. Drogheda - Donore - Navan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks all for the different options.

Advertisement