Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force a Referendum on the Property Tax

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

djpbarry wrote: »
    Water should be charged for as used.

I disagree. Every household should be giving a basic daily allowance (of course worked out on a monthly basis) that covers basic needs, anything outside that should be charged extra. The reason I say extra is because we already pay for water in our tax system and only excessive users should have to pay extra.(you dont need to flush after every piss, you don't need to leave the water running whilst brushing your teeth and you certainly don't need to rinse the suds off the washing up with running water when a basin could do the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

johnory1 wrote: »
    ...property taxes take to much money directly out of the economy...
    That's an argument against paying any tax, not just a property tax.
    johnory1 wrote: »
    ...in america i have seen old people who's house has been fully paid for taken away from them becuase they couldn't afford property tax...
    And I've read about people being put to death in America - what's your point?

Advertisement