Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to youghal

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey everyone. Going to youghal this weekend. Can any give any tips on where to go. Places to eat and go out drinking. Watch football on the Saturday. And info in general would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Biggies

I guess it depends on what your likes are, like. But I'll throw my dice and recommend you JDs for sporty pub and Luigi's for food. They're underneath the clock tower at both sides of the street, opposite each other ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

Biggies wrote: »
    I guess it depends on what your likes are, like. But I'll throw my dice and recommend you JDs for sporty pub and Luigi's for food. They're underneath the clock tower at both sides of the street, opposite each other ;)
    And Wat about nite clubs and nite time pubs

The Quad is the only nightclub as far as I know, by the harbour. As for other pubs there's a selection in/around the main street (JDs, The Gate, Central Star, The Nook, Moby Dicks...) but I wouldn't know which ones are better on a Saturday night because I never go out then (I work in Cork city in the weekends). I hope someone with more knowledge can recommend you any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tk1977

Hi John Roake - Is it this weekend? The Main street has a list of pubs that are worth trying - depends on what you are looking for.. Pub Grub -from the northern end of the town @ lunchtime -Ahernes, The Nook, Red Store, Imperial Hotel (Joe Dan's), The Quays, - or further out of town the Walter Raleigh... Dinner is served in all of those except the Nook also.. If you are looking for Matches - all of those except Ahernes will be showing all Kinds of sport.. if you are looking for live music - The Central Star, JD's, The Clock and the Quays will all have some live music..
    As for a club - There is only 1 in town! - The Quays!! Hope I'm of some help.. best of luck!... and enjoy!

The Quays not the Quad, that was in Cork city. My bad. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement