Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New graphics card

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get a new graphics card in about two months that would be able to play games on max settings such as BF3 and other new games that will come out. Thing is I'm not sure what graphics cards are compatible with my motherboard (ASrock H55).

The specs of my desktop are:
    i7, 8gb ram, 650w psu, 1tb HD and Radeon 6850 1gb. I can get more details on them once I get home.

Budget: €320 max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

All modern graphics cards will be compatible with your PC!

If you are going to be waiting 2 months to buy then come back and ask the same question a week before then. Right now there is a lot of new graphics cards coming onto the market and the whole market could be completely different in 2 months, price and selection wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    All modern graphics cards will be compatible with your PC!

If you are going to be waiting 2 months to buy then come back and ask the same question a week before then. Right now there is a lot of new graphics cards coming onto the market and the whole market could be completely different in 2 months, price and selection wise.

Thanks for the reply. I'll post the thread up in 2 months time then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Feel free to stick around and read other threads to find out more info about GPU's and which you might want to get looking at buying.

This thread is a good starting point for someone new to the scene,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056515869

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Feel free to stick around and read other threads to find out more info about GPU's and which you might want to get looking at buying.

This thread is a good starting point for someone new to the scene,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056515869

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2 months is way too big period on time for pc technology as lads pointed out already. There are so many products out now and we are expecting gtx 680 any day now, so gpu market is not bottled out price wise. Something like 7870 can turn the whole gpu market upside down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

€320 you should be in the region of HD7950 / 7870 or GeForce 670 (if its out by then).

You should be looking at the newest cards, 1 step down from the highest one.

Advertisement