Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing AVI's on iPad

• 20-03-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Probably been answered to death but i'm thinking of getting an iPad (3rd Gen)on Friday but the one thing thats bugging me is that apple on support MP4 files.

Is there an app available that can let me just drag and drop the video on to iTunes and play it on the iPad , no conversion needed? Don't mind paying for it as long as it works (with the new retina disaply ;) )

What do all you lot use....

Cheers Kenno

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I use VLC myself kenno, thought I don't know if it's still on sale..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've tried several and find Azul suits my needs best.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/azul-media-player-video-player/id404452499?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

CineX will do that for you perfectly, simply drag & drop AVI's into the App when the iPad is connected and then you're good to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I use VLC myself kenno, thought I don't know if it's still on sale..

You have an iPad Lee? Would you recommend one. Cody is laughing at me for not getting a samsung tab.

I downloaded VLC ages ago but it never worked on my ipod touch , says it doesn't support that device. But it's still in my iTunes so hopefully i can use it on the pad.

Cheers for the other suggestions guys, will look them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Nah, just a 4th gen 32gb ipod touch, I presumed it would be the same across most idevices?

Cody was probably high when he was laughing :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have VLC which is great, but you can also use oplayer light for both iPhone and iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Buzz Player HD is the business.
    Supports everything I've managed to throw at it and can stream directly from the network via DLNA/SMB/FTP/HTTP. Can also copy files to the device over wifi to take with you.

App Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/buzz-player-hd/id389744550?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

vlc was pulled from the app store as it broke the software licence that vlc was based on if i remember correctly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I use Azul. Does the job fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Flex Player does the job quite well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Sorry to bump an old thread, but can any of these apps sync with Dropbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

Used VLC player for 12 months until I came across AVPlayerHD - really recommend this, excellent app. It will play pretty much all video file extensions and the ability to change aspect ratio is key especially on the new Ipad.

You can also transfer video's from you PC to the AVPlayerHD app using wireless connectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but can any of these apps sync with Dropbox?

Workaround for this is GoodReader, but any DropBox-savvy file management app would do the trick. Simply log in to DropBox from within GoodReader and download the appropriate movie file. Then in GoodReader go to manage files, select the file, and do Open In...
    At that point I delete the file from GoodReader since it's now in whatever non-DropBox-savvy video editor/player I was trying to get it into.

Also Boxydrop allows you to stream music from Dropbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

oplayer doesn't play some of my higher birate video files properly on ipad 3. Could it be that it doesn't support the new graphics processor yet?

Advertisement