Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Pub Licence Value

Options
  • 20-03-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello All,

I have seen 5 year old threads on the matter here which are irrelevant.

Does any of you know the current Market Value of Pub Licence?
    I am trying to find the value of one in Co. Tipperary and in a town where 5-6 pubs have closed in the last 12 months or so.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

ive seen em for 40-50k .. there not holding their value like they used to be ..
    U can transfer the licence cant you ?? so its not geographical you can pinch on in co cork and move it to tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poneil2001

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello All,

I have seen 5 year old threads on the matter here which are irrelevant.

Does any of you know the current Market Value of Pub Licence?
    I am trying to find the value of one in Co. Tipperary and in a town where 5-6 pubs have closed in the last 12 months or so.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV

The Apprentice is incorrect on value, I sold mine last year for significantly more than €50k. My advice is to contact www.liquorlicencetransfers.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I'm unsure but I think I remember a publican I worked for say a licence will be valued at twice the annual turnover of the premises its attached to. Make sure you verify that with someone who knows their stuff before going on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

poneil2001 wrote: »
    The Apprentice is incorrect on value, I sold mine last year for significantly more than €50k. My advice is to contact www.liquorlicencetransfers.ie

Hmmmm they look pretty professional alright - so professional there's not even a hint of who the hell they are... :rolleyes:

But you'll be able to tell us, assuming you're a satisfied customer...??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well if i were to agree with you we would both be wrong..

I saw it advertised in a national newspaper = no invested interest bro :D

Looks like your investment is gone or going **** south

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Isn't this already being discussed here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056581925

Advertisement