Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off Ireland still alive and well

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I was in Cork City yesterday and went to the health shop in Merchants Quay, forget the name, but it's just a bit away from SuperValu.

I bought some Omega 3 capsules, a thousand capsules in total, which is 4 of the big constainers. There was an offer of Buy 1 get the 2nd half half price. Price comes out:

€74.99.

I had to ask the woman to repeat the price! I immediately took away 2 of them and only bought 2 of them, cos I had absolutely no Omega 3 capsultes left. But imagine, it would be €100 if they were full price!!! Absolute rip off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

dont buy them then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

wtf are omega three

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

In general, I think Indian food i way overpriced in this country.

Got myself a Lab rogan josh last night with basmati rice and it cost me €13, i mean €13 euro for 5 small pieces of lamb in a huge tray its a bit much if u ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was in Cork City yesterday and went to the health shop in Merchants Quay, forget the name, but it's just a bit away from SuperValu.

I bought some Omega 3 capsules, a thousand capsules in total, which is 4 of the big constainers. There was an offer of Buy 1 get the 2nd half half price. Price comes out:

€74.99.

I had to ask the woman to repeat the price! I immediately took away 2 of them and only bought 2 of them, cos I had absolutely no Omega 3 capsultes left. But imagine, it would be €100 if they were full price!!! Absolute rip off.

€36.79 + €5 shipping for a 1000 capsules on myprotein.com

Use my code MP129507 and get 5% off first order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

€74.99.

10c a capsule?? Doesn't seem all that dear to me?
    Also, isn't that nearly 3 years supply - you expecting an asteroid or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just eat some fish OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The moral of this tale is : Don't go to health shops for supplements. Your local Lidl or Aldi has all this stuff at way cheaper prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

irish-stew wrote: »
    Just eat some fish OP.

Dont you know that fish in any good restaurant is the second most expensive dish after steak.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Dont you know that fish in any good restaurant is the second most expensive dish after steak.:mad:

Don't people have kitchens in their homes now?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As sbsquarepants said - original price was €100 for 1000 capsules yeah?
    That doesn't sound too expensive for Omega3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

dont buy them then

They wouldn't be able to come on hear and piss and moan if they did that

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

zerks wrote: »
    The moral of this tale is : Don't go to health shops for supplements. Your local Lidl or Aldi has all this stuff at way cheaper prices.

That's where I buy most of mine,especially omega3,but if you add up the cost of the small tubs,you wouldn't be far off the op's price of €75. I got the Lidl tub of 45 1000mg and it was probably €3-4(don't recall price),so 22 tubs at €3-4 is easily €75 give or take.
    Also depends on how many mg per tab.
    Why would you buy 1000 anyway,surely you're best to buy as and when you need them to keep them fresher?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Nothin dear about this country, its just ur ****in cheap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Don't people have kitchens in their homes now?

and fishing rods in their cloak room

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vinn

In general, I think Indian food i way overpriced in this country.

Got myself a Lab rogan josh last night with basmati rice and it cost me €13, i mean €13 euro for 5 small pieces of lamb in a huge tray its a bit much if u ask me.

what would you expect to pay for lab i take it you mean labrador ;)
    that would be a rare dish i hope you left a good tip

Advertisement