Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician wanted for new house

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Can anyone recommend a fully qualified electrician for totally wiring a new house that I am building.
    Obviously I am looking for someone that will do the job for realistic money as since I started building my house most of the trade are still looking for silly money to do a days work. You would not believe the money people are looking for to do a days work.

you can message me the contact details ideally.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've used Eddie Kavanagh for an electrical job before. The man's a gent, who knows his stuff, and didn't leave any mess. I'm not sure how he'd be for wiring a house (price-wise), but he's worth giving a ring to find out.

PM sent with his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I think your a bit stuck really, cos if your rewiring a house or wiring a new build your gonna need an electrician thats registered with RECI and then hes gonna need to provide you with certs so it not really a nixer job.

At the end of the day the ESB will have to come out and sign off on it and they need to see the registered number of the company who wired it or did the installation before they connect you.

Not that your not going to find an electrician i just get the feeling your looking for a quick cheap job?

Seem like a big job that needs signing off on so you probably wont get a cheap job, I can remember when electricians used to turn down rewiring jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Hey guys,
    Can anyone recommend a fully qualified electrician for totally wiring a new house that I am building.
    Obviously I am looking for someone that will do the job for realistic money as since I started building my house most of the trade are still looking for silly money to do a days work. You would not believe the money people are looking for to do a days work.

thanks

Have you got a spec. drawn up? That way you could send out to a number of places for a quote.

What stage of the build are you at?

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kerryaviva

Hey guys,

thanks
    are u doing this house all by direct labour or do you have a builder doing it 4 you;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Edward Hewtson, Ill try root out his number for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Chris Orpen... he is very good

Advertisement