Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

NY Post are saying Cruz wants $8-10 Million a year. I'm not sure how accurate that is but I wouldn't pay him that much and if that's what he's looking for then he won't be a Giant in 2013. I believe Cruz could get $10 Million off a team but I think he could get a $50 Million over 7 years.

As for Bennett who knows. I'd say we'll resign him. If he gets too pricey we'll move on but I think both parties will want a deal done.

Cruz and Bennett should be pretty easy IMO. Beatty is a must. Pay him. Also we'll have to extend JPP next year which could be a colossal deal like DeMarcus Ware's deal if he plays well.

I think it'll be a mess because we're not getting rid of our co-ordinators and we'll have to restructure a few contracts and have a sublime draft to be a consistent side.

Well Osi n his $6million off the books. Chris Canty is due back on $8.4million so he cant be back on that. Bradshaw is due $4million so will surely be restructured as well. Corey Webster also due $7million in his final year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I believe this conversation has ended boy.

You still flapping? You were called out for making a ridiculous post, it happens. But you just really need to get over it and probably brush up on your football knowledge while you're at it.

My apologies to the rest of ye decent and mature Giants fans in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

You still flapping? You were called out for posting horse shít, it happens. But you just really need to get over it and probably brush up on your football knowledge while you're at it.

My apologies to the rest of ye decent and mature Giants fans in here.

Who called me out? I dont think you count since you only come on the Giants thread to cause trouble. Now please grow up and let this be the end of the conversation. Please stop trying to get the last word like a child, the argument is over. Move on.

Regards
    Woodchopper

Who called me out? I dont think you count since you only come on the Giants thread to cause trouble. Now please grow up and let this be the end of the conversation. Please stop trying to get the last word like a child, the argument is over. Move on.

Regards
    Woodchopper

You mentioned 'Win' in a earlier post and now it's 'the last word'. The use of such terminology, really gives me an interesting insight into the mindset of the person I am dealing with, or lack of mindset perhaps

My posting record in the American football forum speaks for itself and will stand up to any scrutiny. I have never had any problems with any poster on this forum.

We're all passionate about football here and we do debate and disagree a fair bit. But generally we all respect each other and get along. I suspect you just need to interact with more posters here and maybe then you might get the general vibe of the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Well Osi n his $6million off the books. Chris Canty is due back on $8.4million so he cant be back on that. Bradshaw is due $4million so will surely be restructured as well. Corey Webster also due $7million in his final year.

Bradshaw is a savage pass blocker but he'll still be our 2nd RB next year. $4 Million is too much to pay for him now tbh and he's not healthy any more.
    I'm not sure how it impacts our cap but as far as I know if we cut Webster and a few others we'll only save about a $1 Million. So if we can't restructure we're better off adjusting.

Also I know Webster looked poor and I called for him to be cut but we're not playing to his game. He's getting burned like a lot of our guys, including JPP, by Fewel's poor defensive strategy.

Saying that our first 3 picks are going to be defensive IMO; LB, DE, DT. Maybe even CB depending on the board.

Also I like the look of Kyle Long but Reese isn't going near the OL until at least the 4th and that even depends on a Bennett deal.

• Advertisement

tumblr_mejn1y5o2A1qesmmao1_500.png

This guy in the middle was integral to any success we had this year. Pure ball hawk. Sign him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

really gives me an interesting insight into the mindset of the person I am dealing with, or lack of mindset perhaps

Attack the post not the poster

PS: Sorry about lack of posts but some of us do not have the time to post 14,000 times in three years. I hope you understand

PS: Sorry about lack of posts but some of us do not have the time to post 14,000 times in three years.

Nothing to do with time, but all to do with multitasking. It's an acquired skill you know. Btw, I would also strongly advise you not to stalk me in any other forums in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

We're going round in circles here lads so if you could take some perspective and just move on I'm sure the rest of the posters in this thread would appreciate it. If you feel the need to continue just do it by PM

Also I know Webster looked poor and I called for him to be cut but we're not playing to his game. He's getting burned like a lot of our guys, including JPP, by Fewel's poor defensive strategy.

Saying that our first 3 picks are going to be defensive IMO; LB, DE, DT. Maybe even CB depending on the board.

Also I like the look of Kyle Long but Reese isn't going near the OL until at least the 4th and that even depends on a Bennett deal.

Webster cannot be paid 7million, needs to be restructured.

Personally I'd love Chance Warmack in the 1st. Def look at d-line in the 2nd.

Might sound crazy but it would do no harm to have a look at a QB at some point. David Carr as back up is crazy. If anything happens to Eli we are done. If EJ Manuel fell to the 3rd round (unlikely) I'd take him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

Have to do better with player evaluation this year. I like TC and unlike others here, I reckon KG and PF are perfectly acceptable.

But look at the last 2 draft classes.

David Wilson
    Rueben Randle
    Jayron Hosley
    Adrien Robinson
    Brandon Mosley
    Matt McCants
    Markus Kuhn

Prince Amukamara
    Marvin Austin
    Jerrel Jernigan
    James Brewer
    Greg Jones
    Tyler Sash
    Jacquian Williams
    Da'Rel Scott
    Scotty McKnight

Far more misses there than hits. For a draft and develop team, we need better production on draft day. Or we change and open the cheque book and find ourselves a decent LB, a decent CB and some OL depth.
    Jerry Reese started well and 2010 was a far better draft. But he needs to draft better or evaluate free agent talent better. Last years SB run masked a poor season and a win in weeks 15 or 16 could well have masked this years team's deficiencies. Both teams were 9-7. Hardly earth shattering. But one made the playoffs and one didn't. I agree that had we got in, we could have progressed. But we didn't and I blame the players and roster depth far more than any of the coaching staff.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Have to do better with player evaluation this year. I like TC and unlike others here, I reckon KG and PF are perfectly acceptable.

But look at the last 2 draft classes.

David Wilson
    Rueben Randle
    Jayron Hosley
    Adrien Robinson
    Brandon Mosley
    Matt McCants
    Markus Kuhn

Prince Amukamara
    Marvin Austin
    Jerrel Jernigan
    James Brewer
    Greg Jones
    Tyler Sash
    Jacquian Williams
    Da'Rel Scott
    Scotty McKnight

I think the 2011 class is pretty much a write off apart from Prince.

2012 may not be bad.

Wilson, Randle, Hosley n Kuhn will all play big part next year. Think Robinson n Mosley have lots of potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Do we take Te'o now as our #1 now if we can after today?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Do we take Te'o now as our #1 now if we can after today?

I wouldn't no. Still too many unanswered questions at the moment. If he fell a few rounds yes but def not 1st.

I wouldn't no. Still too many unanswered questions at the moment. If he fell a few rounds yes but def not 1st.

If he fell to us in the 3rd I'd take him. But I think he will be picked up in the second.

I think he'll be off the board by the time we are after considering him.

Also any cap space stuff that your reading is wrong (technically). TT is gone if you believe the print media in NY so that's our $4M loss negated!

Doing a bit of reading today and it seems that a lot of people are talking about Johnthan Banks. Don't like him. I hate the spelling of his first name and he gets burned over the top and I think he's going to be Webster 2.0. It's got to be Ezekial Ansah or Okafor if we're confident of getting Jesse Williams in the second.

All I know is we don't go near the OLine until the 4th so you can be sure the first 3 picks will be either DT,DE or LB.

If he fell to us in the 3rd I'd take him. But I think he will be picked up in the second.

I think he'll be off the board by the time we are after considering him.

Also any cap space stuff that your reading is wrong (technically). TT is gone if you believe the print media in NY so that's our $4M loss negated!

Doing a bit of reading today and it seems that a lot of people are talking about Johnthan Banks. Don't like him. I hate the spelling of his first name and he gets burned over the top and I think he's going to be Webster 2.0. It's got to be Ezekial Ansah or Okafor if we're confident of getting Jesse Williams in the second.

All I know is we don't go near the OLine until the 4th so you can be sure the first 3 picks will be either DT,DE or LB.

I def agree that we go those 3 positions in the first 3 rounds. I have list of options for each round done up at home so i'll stick up what I think later.

In the 1st round I would go with any of Sheldon Richardson-DT-Missouri, Alex Okafor-LB-Texas, Kevin Minter-LB-LSU or a bit of a dark horse Margus Hunt-DE/DT-SMU.

I'm not a fan of Ezekial Ansah, the JPP comparisons scare me a bit.

Yeah I just hope we have a solid draft. A poor draft again will leave us going backwards again.

Next season hopefully we can grind out what went wrong! Which largely was the Coughlapse again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

If anyone wants to relive the good times that were this time last year, the 2011 Giants Americas game is been shown on Sky on Super Bowl weekend

wawaman wrote: »
    If anyone wants to relive the good times that were this time last year, the 2011 Giants Americas game is been shown on Sky on Super Bowl weekend

I'd say I watched the 07 and 11 one 3 or 4 times each. They're so well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

I'd say I watched the 07 and 11 one 3 or 4 times each. They're so well done.

I really enjoyed the 07 one but I watched the 11 one & didn't enjoy it as much. Surprised they used Coughlin & Manning again.
    Strahan & Manning are fair funny in the first one. "I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitioius."

• Advertisement

Boring few weeks for Giants fans. I'm looking forward to next year but I think we may suck badly unless we draft well. We're being killed by a lot of restructured contacts.

Boring few weeks for Giants fans. I'm looking forward to next year but I think we may suck badly unless we draft well. We're being killed by a lot of restructured contacts.

Very boring.

I hope the D is in for big shake up. CB, 2 LB's, DE n a DT needed :eek:

Very boring.

I hope the D is in for big shake up. CB, 2 LB's, DE n a DT needed :eek:

Yup and the OLine needs work along with maybe a TE and even a WR if we can't resign Cruz :eek:

Also we need to start drafting a developmental QB, Carr doesn't fit that mould. I'd love to see us draft a QB that can move.

We're $9.15 million over 2013 estimated NFL salary cap. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Get rid of Webster and it's wiped clean sure...

The Giants worked out the following players today:
    LB Sergio Kindle, TE Steve Skelton, QB Chester Stewart, WR Patrick Turner, K Carson Wiggs, TE Jamie Childers, DB Buddy Jackson, K Justin Medlock, P Jake Rogers

Kindle is interesting. 2nd round pick for the Ravens in 2010. He was a serious talent coming out of Texas but fell down a flight of stairs in his rookie season and has off the field issues. He hasn't done anything in Baltimore.

Steve Skelton is a TE, undrafted in 2011. Practice squad player with the Cardinals and Texans. Brother of John Skelton.

QB Chester Steward was on the practice squad for the Ravens but was cut.

WR Patrick Turner was with the Jets last year. He was a 3rd round pick for Miami in 09 and was cut after his second pre-season and then has played a couple of times for the Jets over the two years.

The rest I think are all UDFA that have just made their way around the league.

I think it's likely that we may give Kindle a shot.

We're $9.15 million over 2013 estimated NFL salary cap. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Get rid of Webster and it's wiped clean sure...

If only it was that easy. Who's going to take Webster?

I'd love a season where there is no cap hits for cutting the fat off our team.
    We'd probably only be left with Stevie Brown though :pac:

The Giants worked out the following players today:
    LB Sergio Kindle, TE Steve Skelton, QB Chester Stewart, WR Patrick Turner, K Carson Wiggs, TE Jamie Childers, DB Buddy Jackson, K Justin Medlock, P Jake Rogers

Kindle is interesting. 2nd round pick for the Ravens in 2010. He was a serious talent coming out of Texas but fell down a flight of stairs in his rookie season and has off the field issues. He hasn't done anything in Baltimore.

Steve Skelton is a TE, undrafted in 2011. Practice squad player with the Cardinals and Texans. Brother of John Skelton.

QB Chester Steward was on the practice squad for the Ravens but was cut.

WR Patrick Turner was with the Jets last year. He was a 3rd round pick for Miami in 09 and was cut after his second pre-season and then has played a couple of times for the Jets over the two years.

The rest I think are all UDFA that have just made their way around the league.

I think it's likely that we may give Kindle a shot.

Kindle had/has serious talent. He would be well worth a look.

I wouldn't think Turner would be good enough to force his way in at WR with us.

I heard we signed the great Curtis Painter to a futures contract recently :confused:

New York Giants:
    Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
    Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)

Above is the players we have interviewed at shine/senior bowl. Don't know how this works but some teams have already interviewed 20 players.

• Advertisement

New York Giants:
    Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
    Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)

Above is the players we have interviewed at shine/senior bowl. Don't know how this works but some teams have already interviewed 20 players.

Haven't a clue. I presume it's some sort of preliminary review. Isn't Trent Steelman a QB?

Maybe at this stage it's declaring interest in potential UDFA? That seems like a bit of a reach.

The Giants signed TE Jamie Childers, CB Buddy Jackson and K/P Jake Rogers. Link

Advertisement