Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Going to be a long long season folks

Eli Apple being picked on left, right and centre. 1st round draft pick

No O Line (Flowers has to be a 1st round bust at this stage), Eli getting smashed, when he has some time he can be inaccurate (see the Int), WR dropping some of the big plays we should have had, no run game

Then last night our very Special Teams come back to haunt us with the return TD

We are basically paying Harris $7million to catch the ball

McAdoo should be under serious pressure. He was meant to be an offensive guru yet we are regressing quite badly.

I think it's on Jerry Reach that he didn't address the offensive line in the off season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Harris' main value is as a gunner. Wing hasn't put him in any positions yet to show that value. Plus he took a paycut didn't he?

They need to reshuffle that line if nothing else. Two humiliating performances on live TV. McAdoo is always consistent in not throwing that line under the bus but he's getting heat himself now and never underestimate the power of a scapegoat.

Yeah fair enough re Harris

Just not the production we need

McAdoo will have bought himself one poor season after the play offs last year

Sad thing is that it's like Groundhog Day . Nothing has changed over the off season. The same issues are still there if not even worse

Don't get me wrong I'm far from happy seeing Harris fair catch it time after time but it's down the list of issues I've got and is really because we're not getting off the field quickly enough meaning he's fielding high punts deep in Giants' territory. I don't have much confidence in him returning one to the house at this stage tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So Coach McAdoo throws Eli under the bus but doesn't criticize Flowers..

• Advertisement

McAdoo is not very media savy

He's trying the whole say something but say nothing thing that BB does only McAdoo doesn't pull it off

Looks bad to single Eli out for that shambles of a performance by the whole O

As head coach he could have called time out as well or how about call TO at end of first half so the O has a chance at points before half time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My main gripe with McAdoo is how arrogant he comes across, even when trying to say nothing. Something that I think the NY media will feast upon unless results change quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Someone needs to walk. And to add insult to injury another miracle score to win for the eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Waiting over half a year for football to be back only for our season to be done in three weeks is shit.

• Advertisement

McAdoo's fourth down decisions again baffling me. Cost us the game today, too. He's leaving points on the field like a bad Madden player.

Also, I had hoped the discipline issues in the team from last year were a byproduct of it being McAdoo's first year and that they'd subside, but again you can see it in every game.

I'm really not sure what to make of McAdoo as a head coach, tbh.

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/912132923821744128

Impressive, but hardly sustainable. DBs will start jumping routes more and more if the OL are incapable of protecting Eli for even two seconds.

Ben McAdoo: “I Need A Better Call” On Fourth-And-1

Coach “would like to have that call back”

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/9/25/16362328/ben-mcadoo-i-need-a-better-call-on-fourth-and-1-ny-giants-eagles

You don't say Ben

If he stopped trying to be Benny Big Balls and took the points we'd be a lot better off.

I've never really taken to McAdoo, always felt the HC job would be to big for him. He came in as a guy who was gonna get the most out of the offence but it's fair to say he isn't doing that. He needs to give up the play calling. If this season goes south like it is looking at the minute then either him or reese will have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

wawaman wrote: »
    I've never really taken to McAdoo, always felt the HC job would be to big for him. He came in as a guy who was gonna get the most out of the offence but it's fair to say he isn't doing that. He needs to give up the play calling. If this season goes south like it is looking at the minute then either him or reese will have to go

You'd imagine it would have to be both. Reese has clung on a long time through bad teams but this one would have to be the final straw. His blind spots on the OL & at LB are comical. McAdoo's stupid ****ing haircut & sun glasses are really annoying, plus his offense is getting worse each year.

He must wake up every morning & pray Odell is ok, without him we are lost.

Think McAdoo and Jerry Reach will have build up enough credit from making the playoffs last year (does depend on how bad the W-L record is)

Still they will def be on the hot seat

McAdoo for not getting the O on track and some baffling play calls
    Jerry Reach for not sorting the O line at all and looking like some more draft picks will be busts

Can't tackle, can't play call, can't punt, can't win. Sickening

Again... Jaysus we're a bad football team.. Its gonna be a long long season lads.

Missed tonights game as was travelling. 0-4 is hard to take. This is a talented football team that has no business having such a poor record.

See McAdoo again went for it on 4th down early in the game instead of taking the points. I'll never understand it.

• Advertisement

There was a storm at kick off and the ground was wet making kicking difficult. It's no coincidence that Folk and Rosas missed four kicks between them. I assume that that is why McAdoo passed up the 46 yard attempt early.

Just another frustrating loss. In a lot of ways you can say that we did enough to win but you look at the play on both lines and see why we're losing. McCoy was constantly in the backfield blowing up plays before they could begin whereas our DL hasn't provided any pass rush at all outside of overload blitzes on 3rd downs.

Gallman and Engram both look good and Eli played brilliantly.

Hargreaves just saying what we all though

Ben McAdoo and Giants look totally dysfunctional after Odell Beckham says opponents know their plays

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/mcadoo-giants-totally-dysfunctional-odell-speaks-article-1.3541536

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Game against the Chargers today. A chance to finally put a win on the board or go 0-5

Shep and Marshall off with ankle injuries.. Hope they're not too bad

Add Harris and Beckham Jr to that now

God we suck

0-5 and plenty of serious looking injuries

Bad day

When you thought things couldn't get much worse.... Guess what..... Feck!!!

Reports already saying Beckham Jr is getting surgery on that ankle

Might as well just tank for the first pick. Who'd have thought it would be us, and not the Jets, in this position.

NFL Network saying Giants believe Beckham has broken his leg

Fractured ankle is what they believe now.

• Advertisement

McA-DONE

Advertisement