Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Really, McAdoo & Reese out in the morning now. Continuity, loyalty & all is nice but time for Mara to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Most points allowed at home since 1964

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

But jerry said we are still in it

Shambles, bye week clearly well spent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

McAdoo should be gone tomorrow, tbh.

Full clear out is required this offseason anyway. McAdoo, Reese, Spags, Sullivan, Quinn etc all need to go.

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Shambles, bye week clearly well spent!!

Absolutely disgraceful that this is coming off a bye week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've seen Giants fans say that John Mara needs to act. But the weekend that mr Tisch mother dies and have her initials on their helmets and they give that performance ? Mcadont should be told to piss off after tonight's performance.

And I'm an Eagles fan and with the rich history the New York football Giants have given the NFL that makes tonight's performance even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

The most depressing thought this morning is that we still have 8 games to play.

• Advertisement

Um ? That's the best he could come up with ?

Is there any good reason to letting him stay on as head coach for the rest of the season ? It's not looking like it'll get better so why delay the inevitable ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is there any good reason to letting him stay on as head coach for the rest of the season ? It's not looking like it'll get better so why delay the inevitable ?

Mara values stability and being one of the flagship franchises. I'd be shocked if he fired him midseason.

I suppose long term it makes the franchise more attractive to prospective coaches etc, knowing well they'd be given a fair trial.

I'm still not entirely sure that he'll fire McAdoo and/or Reese in the offseason, to be honest.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Um ? That's the best he could come up with ?

I know its a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you dont question to answer but thats a pathetic way to handle the question. You look like a lost bumbling child.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Get your “Ummm” t-shirt

Remember Ben McAdoo’s brilliant answer forever

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/11/6/16615148/get-your-ummm-t-shirt

In fairness I know you can say exacdtly what the team was ... but at least say something

we tried to work on X,Y, Z

Draft talk has started already and apparently the Giants are looking at USC QB Sam Darnold

That's if Darnold declares for the draft

His stock seems to be dropping amongst some commentators

One draft had him as low as 15th which is a bit mad

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-redskins-replace-kirk-cousins-with-sam-darnold/

I can't see that happening that he drops that low

I'll be honest and say i haven't seen a single down of college football this year

Mike and Mike just mentioned on their show they are looking at UCLA QB Josh Rosen too

I never really pay attention to college football until after the season is over

Have seen a few games mainly Notre Dame ones

The record for most games played in a Giants’ uniform. It is held by Michael Strahan. Manning will play in his 210th on Sunday, and will pass that mark if he plays in every game the rest of the season.

I hope Eli will get that record

Spinkle in Webb too in a few games but start Eli for me

• Advertisement

Take with a pinch of salt now but just read on twitter that McAdoo is gonna be sacked and Spagnola takes over for the
    rest of the season. Reported by Dan Schneier who is a Giants writer for CBS and 24/7 Sports

ESPN now reporting there won't be any changes until the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

McAdoo should be fired into the sun. What a ****ehawk of a coach.

This defence has quit

We are an awful awful team

Fire everyone and start over

Yeah its painful to watch the amount of missed tackles and lack of effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Look at the bright side, at least we are improving our draft position

We are a laughing stock

Never thought I would see this from the Giants tbh. Just embarrassing stuff every week. 9ers suck. Beathard has looked a poor rookie all year, and here we are making it so easy for them.

Feck this.. Fire them all NOW!! We're gonna end up with a top 3 pick anyway.. Keeping the coach around isn't gonna benefit anyone now

• Advertisement

That was pathetic, Jackrabbit in particular should be ashamed. I get you don't want to play for the coach but he is being paid a **** tonne of money, should at least complete some basic tackles.

The "tackling" in general was horrendous.

Eli's fumble turnover in the 1st half was also stellar, it looked borderline intentional.

Pity we dont get to play the Browns, we'd have a real shot at the No.1 overall pick.

Advertisement