Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Given the statement that Mara put out today I can see loads of empty seats at the remaining home games. I get they want to wait for 16 games but it won’t make a difference at the end of the day, Benny Ummmmmmmm is done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

wawaman wrote: »
    Given the statement that Mara put out today I can see loads of empty seats at the remaining home games. I get they want to wait for 16 games but it won’t make a difference at the end of the day, Benny Ummmmmmmm is done

Why would anyone turn up to watch that ****e for the rest of the year. The Browns & 49ers might suck but the effort levels are there (I'd have huge faith in Shanahan in particular at this point)

Lets say we pick in the Top 3, what do people want to do? Draft the 2nd best QB in the draft & allow him sit for a year behind Eli? Draft the best RB or O-Lineman? Trade down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I think we need to go QB and have him learn behind Eli

That would work unless the Giants are confident in what they have in Webb

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As I said before it's a sad time for the proud franchise of the New York Football Giants and by extension the NFL who while it's not always been sunshine and rainbows for the Giants it's been a long time since the franchise was in this bad of shape this far up the flow chart.

• Advertisement

Is there any possible scoreline that we could lose by tonight that would oust McAdoo or are we just meant to accept this **** for the rest of the year. Apparently very windy there today which could help limit the damage, could see like a 17-10 loss that would be spun in a positove way about fighting to the end etc.

Christ Rosas sucks

He needs to be fired after this game

Just sitting down to watch the 2nd half

Right so up 3 less than 2 mins left. come on D lets win this one

Overtime... Ugh!!!

• Advertisement

Gutsy call on 4th and 6

What a catch Lewis

Surely we will close it out from here?

Dam u Kansas, could you not just let us tank in peace. Agree about rosas, he should be 3rd in line after McAdont and Reese out the door

Woo hoo... A win... an actual win..

Woo hoo... A win... an actual win..

There goes any shot at the 1st overall pick :(:P

Don't think we would have got there anyway as the Browns don#t look they will win any games this year

HigginsJ wrote:
    There goes any shot at the 1st overall pick

Yeah we definitely aren't getting near that but we'll still trade back

Yeah we definitely aren't getting near that but we'll still trade back

I assume we will pick a WR, we need help there and it'll cover up our OL issues, I'm sure Eli can get the ball out in under 2 seconds.

So we are now officially out of the playoffs ��

wawaman wrote: »
    So we are now officially out of the playoffs ��

Damn

Geno Smith is starting against the Raiders on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Geno Smith is starting against the Raiders on Sunday

Ah ffs.

I can perhaps understand Webb, but why Smith. Let Eli play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eli's quote
    “Coach McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis are given an opportunity to play,” Manning said. “My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won’t finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can.”

He's a top man.

Knex. wrote: »
    Eli's quote

He's a top man.

Very classy

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah ffs.

I can perhaps understand Webb, but why Smith. Let Eli play.

Yea somewhat strange, just checked and Geno only has a 1 year deal so it is not like dangling him for trade bait.

I'd like to see Webb get at least 2 full games but if this is a Peterman situation in Buffalo then there is no point putting him in.

Awful news

Possibly the last we have seen of Eli

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That's shocking bad form from the Giants. Eli has done so much for the Giants team and this is how McAdoo treats him ? Shameful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

I'm done.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's shocking bad form from the Giants. Eli has done so much for the Giants team and this is how McAdoo treats him ? Shameful stuff.

Why is it shameful? This is not a decision McAdoo has taken on his own, I'm fairly certain Jerry Reese & Co. would have had to sign off on it. It is a lost season, Eli is neither the cause of or solution to the this seasons woes so no harm to take a look.

So you don't change coach mid year as it's not the way the Giants do business yet we throw Eli under the bus

And for Geno Smith?

If it was Webb I could understand a bit more

• Advertisement

Lads, im so pi**ed off over this.. His giants career shouldn't end like this

Advertisement