Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I remember as a 12 year old first getting interest in American Football. I got Madden 2005 for PS2 for my birthday, not having a clue about the rules and having never played Madden before (apart from a few games of 04). The first team I ever played as was the Giants, Eli Manning was on the roster as a rookie and they he didn't even have a profile picture! Ever since then I've been an NFL fan and Giants fan, and I've never seen a Giants game where Eli wasn't playing.

It's very sad thinking he won't be starting this weekend after all he's done for the team. I really hope there's some karma in the world and that the guys who are really responsible for this disaster of a season get what's coming to them in the off-season, and Eli gets another chance to not just play for the Giants, but be the guy for the Giants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Schefter reporting McAdoo could be sacked tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hope so. Wish it was today to avoid the Geno farce tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The sad thing is that Eli's streak will still end

Funny how McAdont thought he was on the same page as Mara

I still blame Mara for allowing someone with no communication skills to handle what should have the more important conversation of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

I'll say a prayer tonight at bedtime. He looks out of his depth, it's been septic with him as HC . And to make matters worse it looks to me like Eli got thrown under the bus this week .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

What’s the big difference now than say 5 weeks ago? He should have been sacked then and now he has ended Eli’s streak. If he does go I hope it’s not a reese a$$ saving exercise

Oh it's gonna be a long hard game for the defense tonight

I couldn't even cheer when we got the TD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

If they fire McAdoo, they should have Eli do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I couldn't even cheer when we got the TD

It felt masochistic watching all of that game.

Christ, we are so light on talent. The corner situation is like a Black Friday sale.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you for watching all of that game

It was hard enough watching it on Redzone

Yup not a good sign when Spags has to say

“I thought I was in rookie mini-camp, you know, with learning the names. That’s normally when we have a sheet of paper with everybody’s face on it, but we got to work through that.’’

Yup not a good sign when Spags has to say

“I thought I was in rookie mini-camp, you know, with learning the names. That’s normally when we have a sheet of paper with everybody’s face on it, but we got to work through that.’’

With that in mind and a part from Lynch's 50 yard TD run, I thought we played ok. It was mildly interesting looking at Geno play instead of Eli. But we are lacking playmakers in all facets. The OL was destroyed by Mack and Irvin on so many occasions it was embarrassing.

I still can't believe Collins droppped that pick in the first half

Dixon also had a horrible drop

What Carr was throwing to there I don't know

I couldn't say it was interesting at all watching Geno. He is still Geno. He is not now nor ever could be the future of our franchise.

There is nothing yesterday that Geno did (maybe one run aside) that Eli couldn't have done

I could understand playing but Geno ... come on man

Geno uses his first read and that is it

It will be interesting to see if McAdont is gone later on today

If he is not he will be thrown to the wolves on Sunday (not that there will be many Giants fans at the game. Mara lost a lot of money this week)

I still can't believe Collins droppped that pick in the first half

Dixon also had a horrible drop

What Carr was throwing to there I don't know

I couldn't say it was interesting at all watching Geno. He is still Geno. He is not now nor ever could be the future of our franchise.

There is nothing yesterday that Geno did (maybe one run aside) that Eli couldn't have done

I could understand playing but Geno ... come on man

Geno uses his first read and that is it

It will be interesting to see if McAdont is gone later on today

If he is not he will be thrown to the wolves on Sunday (not that there will be many Giants fans at the game. Mara lost a lot of money this week)

Mildly interesting only in the way that it was not Eli. I thought Geno was awful. The two strip sacks were a killer, especially the one at the end of the half.

You do wonder what McAdoo actually does now. Just fire him and get it over with and try to move on. They have already made so many mistakes, God himself is the only one who knows what they will do.

per Ian Rapoport Twitter

#Giants coach Ben McAdoo will walk into work this morning with no regrets about his handling of the Eli Manning situation, believing he made the best decision for the organization. Key members of the team brass, as of Sunday, were undecided about his future. It was not unanimous.

How anybody could be undecided about his future is a mystery to me

Undecided about Eli's future or McAdoo's?

McAdoo's

Yesterdays report was that he was getting fired today

Eli future is definitely uncertain as well

What a mess

Yup it's sad

The organisational damage to the Giants reputation will be huge

You only get 1 or 2 chances to do right by a 10+ QB and face of the franchise

Mara and McAdon't messed up royally

Jerry Reach supported the decision as well yet he has hid away from comment

Mara should have made him face the music and at least answer questions on the fiasco

I really fear that Reach will be kept on and waste our top 5 pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement

Christmas time!

Andy Reid anyone? Coach & GM.

YES!!!!!!!

Happy they're cleaning house. Get a new GM in quick and get the draft process in order. This is a massive offseason for us.

Jumping into the deep end with Boccy lads...

Who do you want to see the jobs??

Pat Shurmur if we're taking a rookie QB could be a great hire. Look at what he's doing at Minnesota and his previous body of work. One black mark is his sting with the Browns as their HC, but that's the Browns, and like 6 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Reese is the bigger deal of the two that's been let go. Symbolically anyway. Tough job to take over. I don't envy the man to do it; it's going to be a long journey.

Advertisement