Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yes happy days cleaning house

I can take the rebuild next year

Now lets us never speak McAdonts name again

Personally I would want someone who has previous HC experience

Also somebody outside the Giants for GM

I would hope that both jobs are attractive

Wonder will Sulllivan go back to Eli for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, definitely a tough job. Cap space isn't ideal, we have an aging QB and no OL. Our two best starters on that OL, Pugh and Richburg, are out of contract and are injury prone.

Collins, OBJ and Kennard's contracts up soon. Some big decisions to be made. We went heavy thinking we would ride and die with Eli this year in a Super Bowl push, and everything just fell apart.

There is a lot to do but a top 5 pick will surely be attractive to a new GM and HC

Hitting on picks in the draft next year is even more crucial than usual

You can stop a lot of bleeding with new talent

Spags interim HC. Abrams GM.

Wonder if Abrams will be kept on permanently. He's been assistant GM for a few years and withe the Giants for like 16 in total. Marc Ross could be up for it if they want to go the internal hire route again.

Makes sense as he has HC experiece

Knowing the Giants we will get some shock wins over the next few weeks and mess up draft position

I hope Spags goes back to Eli Sunday

Otherwise it will still be ugly at Metlife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Makes sense as he has HC experiece

Knowing the Giants we will get some shock wins over the next few weeks and mess up draft position

I hope Spags goes back to Eli Sunday

Otherwise it will still be ugly at Metlife

I don't think it is the right mindset to hope that they lose out unless you're looking at a huge roster clear out a long term rebuild. If they managed to win a few they'd appear much more tempting for potential coaches, GMs, FAs, and for keeping their guys hitting FA. Would point to it being more of a McAdoo issue and that the team is coming together.

I always hope they beat the Cowboys and Eagles

I do think as Knex. said it is a huge rebuilding job

In theory the higher the draft pick the more chance of success

Through the draft is the easiest way to rebuild if we can get it right

Jordan Raanan
    ESPN Staff Writer

The Giants are expected to go back to Eli Manning as their starting quarterback, per source. Giants play at home vs Cowboys this week.

The situation over the last week could have been completely avoided

Talk about a monumental duck up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

At last, the ice cream duo are gone. Hopefully we could do what the rams did this year and turn it around with the right guys in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Great to see Reese & McAdoo gone. Reese should have been gone with Coughlin, crazy that he has been kept on so long. His draft record in the past 5 years has been stunningly awful.

As an organisation we have failed completely to develop players. The complete lack of mid round picks working out has hurt us massively. We have thrown away draft picks on multiple occasions (2 picks on Ryan Nassib, too many RB's to count)

As for McAdoo, things started promisingly as an OC but he has crashed & burnt spectacularily. You can't be a HC, especially in a big media market, with a complete lack of communication skills.

As for replacements, I honestly have no idea. The cap space can easily be helped by releasing Eli & DRC (frees up about $16 million) which I think should be done regardless.

For laughs I'd throw out Jon Gruden but genuinely I have no idea. Doubt we would go the college route but if we draft a rookie QB then the HC & OC need to be built around him. I think the GM also needs to be the one who picks the HC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

wawaman wrote: »
    Hopefully we could do what the rams did this year and turn it around with the right guys in charge

DeCosta, McDaniels and a top 5 pick to get a QB of their cchoice. the future could be bright

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think Mara has demonstrated a huge lack of management chops here. He shouldn't have allowed the situation to get to where it's at with Eli, and especially the fanbase.

The other funny thing is that the way the Cowboys have been playing, the Giants have a chance to actually win this week.

I don't want Josh McDaniels at all, tbh.

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't want Josh McDaniels at all, tbh.

I 100% agree with you. I've no doubt that he has learnt from the Denver experience but no thank you.

I would like both the GM & HC to come from outside the organisation, and let the HC bring in his own OC & DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I 100% agree with you. I've no doubt that he has learnt from the Denver experience but no thank you.

I would like both the GM & HC to come from outside the organisation, and let the HC bring in his own OC & DC.

Think Dave Gettleman is a good candidate, sacked by Panthers in August.
    Did wonders with our cap space (or lack thereof) in four years and has history in Giants front office.

Fantastic response from Eli

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

He's a class act

This is the crap Eli had to deal with all season, and last year too tbh, although at least he had Odell. You also have to have sympathy for Geno tbh. Thrown into a no win situation.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/937834283024240640

Knex. wrote: »
    This is the crap Eli had to deal with all season, and last year too tbh, although at least he had Odell. You also have to have sympathy for Geno tbh. Thrown into a no win situation.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/937834283024240640

I thought Geno did little wrong Sunday, not getting into any debate but the result wouldn't have been any different with Eli. The O-Line is shockingly poor. Considering Pugh, Richburg & Flowers are all high draft picks we should expect way better.

• Advertisement

Eli starts on Sunday against the cowgirls

My social media is just full of rumours and im doing my best to ignore them but its very hard

Man, I really hate the cowboys

Jeez Eli Apple seems like a head case

Waste of 10th overall selection

"Apple, the 10th overall pick last year, was inactive for the fourth straight game. He responded to a tweet asking why he wasn't playing with "I'm too healthy" and an emoji of a man with his hands in the air. He also retweeted a tweet that praised Cowboys running back Rod Smith for icing the Giants with an 81-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21742133/new-york-giants-considering-discipline-eli-apple-tweets-game

In what world is it ok to retweet about somebody scoring against your team?

I tend to ignore what any of the players post or do on social media

It's just one of them things

Special team meltdowns would result in Quinn finally being fired

Awful stuff

Jaysus that was tough to watch.. The season can't end soon enough

Yeah this is the first season I really want to finish from a giants point of view

Meltdown on D

Landon Collins calls Eli Apple a ‘cancer,’ says Giants must get rid of him

Giants safety Landon Collins landed on Injured Reserve after breaking his right forearm on Christmas Eve, but the Pro Bowl safety delivered one last hit in 2017 when he labeled teammate Eli Apple a “cancer” on Tuesday afternoon.

Collins, the lone bright spot for the 2-13 Giants, called out Apple, a cornerback, once more during an appearance on ESPN Radio in New York. When asked what scouting report he would provide to a new general manager or coach in the offseason, Collins laughed before outlining his thoughts.

“There’s one corner that has to establish [himself] and needs to grow and we all know who that is,” Collins said. “That would be the only person I would change out of our secondary group. The other two guys – DRC [Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie] and Jack Rabbit [Janoris Jenkins – I love those two guys… They play hard. They love what they do. But that first pick, he’s a cancer.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/landon-collins-eli-apple-cancer-giants-rid-article-1.3722011

Very strong words from Collins

Surprised he was so public with his condemnation of Apple

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Meltdown on D

Landon Collins calls Eli Apple a ‘cancer,’ says Giants must get rid of him

Giants safety Landon Collins landed on Injured Reserve after breaking his right forearm on Christmas Eve, but the Pro Bowl safety delivered one last hit in 2017 when he labeled teammate Eli Apple a “cancer” on Tuesday afternoon.

Collins, the lone bright spot for the 2-13 Giants, called out Apple, a cornerback, once more during an appearance on ESPN Radio in New York. When asked what scouting report he would provide to a new general manager or coach in the offseason, Collins laughed before outlining his thoughts.

“There’s one corner that has to establish [himself] and needs to grow and we all know who that is,” Collins said. “That would be the only person I would change out of our secondary group. The other two guys – DRC [Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie] and Jack Rabbit [Janoris Jenkins – I love those two guys… They play hard. They love what they do. But that first pick, he’s a cancer.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/landon-collins-eli-apple-cancer-giants-rid-article-1.3722011

Very strong words from Collins

Surprised he was so public with his condemnation of Apple

Apple basically called him a liar a few weeks ago so it’s been coming. Apple is a mess tho at the minute. He will be gone soon enough I would imagine

Advertisement