Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Collins was on point until the last sentence

Yes Apple seems to be a mess alright

I know hindsight is 20/20 but there were flags thrown by some scouts in relation to his maturity

Real Pity that we missed so badly on a top 10 pick

It's looking good for Flowers either unfortunately

when we miss on top picks it makes rebuilding harder

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Love Collins, but I don't like him airing this out in public. If nothing else, it ruins Apple's trade value.

Apple doing a good job of that himself

Suspended for the final game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So our new GM is Dave Gentleman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

So our new GM is Dave Gentleman

Not an inspiring choice

• Advertisement

Not a surprising choice

I hope he is a good one though

He has a big job ahead to pick the coach and rebuild the roster

All begins in the draft

We badly need a home run this year like in 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

wawaman wrote: »
    Not an inspiring choice

Built a very decent roster in Carolina so inspiring or not its a sensible move.

Shame about Eli Apple, especially when it looked like he could be a very good corner. If we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd that would be great.

So is Sunday the end of the road for Eli?

I'm happy with Gettleman tbh.

His approach will be interesting that's fit sure.. Fairly direct and to the point over what he wants so let's wait and see

Liked Gettleman's press conference. Few things he said that reminded me of Tom Coughlin, tbh. He's definitely a no nonsense type guy anyway.

• Advertisement

Bobby Hart is been cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Built a very decent roster in Carolina so inspiring or not its a sensible move.

Shame about Eli Apple, especially when it looked like he could be a very good corner. If we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd that would be great.

So is Sunday the end of the road for Eli?

I doubt it. Ideally you draft a QB and sit him behind Eli for 1-2 years while you prepare him for the NFL. I doubt Eli will want to retire after this year and it will be harder to entice a good HC if you’re giving him Geno Smith or a project QB like Webb or a rookie.

Also, you will have a completely new offensive line next year. You don’t want to expose a rookie QB to a situation like that and end up with a David Carr. The best way forward is with Eli and improving the pieces around him. Cut the deadwood and get a QB for the future that you can get ready for 2 years behind Eli.

Reese’s last two first rounders Apple and Flowers both refused to play. Both should be cut. It’s obvious we have a few cancers in the locker room. Gettleman has a lot to do to get the Giants back on track.

So who do you want as the new head coach?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Because let’s face you already miss this season!!!

New York Giants

Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans
    Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

wawaman wrote: »
    Because let’s face you already miss this season!!!

New York Giants

Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans
    Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers

Pretty likely to do the Titans/Giants game

I see Mark Ross (VP of Player Evaluation) has been let go by Gettleman as well. Glad to see we are really cleaning house. Be very interested to see what we do with our current coaching staff.

You'd assume they will all make way when the new HC comes on board.

We have apparently asked for permission to speak to Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia and Steve Wilks (DC for the Panthers).

Gettleman has said he wants someone with experience and out of that trio the obvious one is McDaniels. His time in Denver doesn't look great and how much of his success is down to Bill & Tom is hard to quantify.

Jim Schwartz would be an interesting hire for me

Jim Schwartz would be an interesting hire for me

Terrible record from his time with the Lions, I know he has done well as a DC in Buffalo and Philly but he'd be an odd choice for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Josh McDaniels is to interview Friday I’ve read apparently would take the Bears job first if offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

gstack166 wrote: »
    Josh McDaniels is to interview Friday I’ve read apparently would take the Bears job first if offered.

Could see that the Bears job would be a better fit for Mc Daniels after the disaster in Denver. Less expectation with the Bears gig and not the constant pressure that the media in NY pile on.

• Advertisement

Darnold and Rosen declare for the draft

So we will get a choice of Darnold, Rosen or Barkley if we stick at 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Darnold and Rosen declare for the draft

So we will get a choice of Darnold, Rosen or Barkley if we stick at 2

Please not Barkley. Too high for any RB. Has to be a QB. I'd rather take an edge rusher or an OL. Premium positions.

I've not followed College FB much this season, but maybe the Chubb kid from NC State if we didn't fancy one of the QBs.

Remember we are paying JPP $15M a season. No RB would get that sort of money.

BPA usually for the Giants

I need to watch some tape on Chubb but usually Barkley is mocked to go top 3 after QBs

We will more than likely draft a QB at 2 but Darnolds INT and Fumbles worry me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'll have to Youtube both of them. Todd McShay has Darnold ahead of Rosen. Mel Kiper has it the other way around.

With Darnold declared, I can see him being the pick. Traditional build, has all the talent, no off-field issues, and can sit behind Eli for a year or even two.

Rosen - attitude and concussions will raise flags.
    Mayfield - measurables and attitude are issues. Could be killed by NY media. Certainly would be intensely scrutinised.
    Allen - I don't rate at all
    Jackson - I quite like, and improved a lot in the past year. Bowl game didn't help him and he doesn't really look durable. Coming from Eli, Giants may want to look elsewhere. Pick #2 is too high for him, though.

Conor Williams, LT, and Bradley Chubb, DE, are names I'm seeing also. If Browns go with Darnold, you might see Giants take either one of these at #2, or trade back and take them if they're still knocking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Bill Belichick and Baker Mayfield to NY next season? I like the sound of that.

I'd love to get the hoodie for our coach but that is just a pipe dream

Bill Belichick and Baker Mayfield to NY next season? I like the sound of that.

That would be great but we will get Pat Shurmur & Case Keenum instead.

If we stay at 2 and don't take a QB, then it has to be Barkley

Matt Nagy gets the Chicago job

McDaniels still available if he's the Giants choice

• Advertisement

NY Daily News reporting the Pats DC Matt Patricia is the leading contender after the interviews for the Giants job

Dunno how I feel about this to be honest

Advertisement