Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I never saw this before. It's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

Tyrann Mathieu is a guy the Giants should take a long look at, he's got issues on and off the field but he is a relatively low risk option IMO. Maybe take him in later rounds, or chase him hard if he is undrafted. Also if Teo drops that far I'd be very tempted to take him, but would still target another OLB/DE type guy, as a complete counter to the RG3 and whatever crazy run offense Chip Kelly comes up with.

@JeffDarlington
    Just watched Eli Manning discreetly give several hotel workers at Pro Bowl each $100 bills, calling them by their first names. That's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Any story I have heard like this about Eli (or Peyton for that matter) has him coming across as a great guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I don't know what you're going to get from Kindle.

Rated a top 15 talent by some in the draft but he slid to top of the 2nd round due to character issues.

Drink driving and also crashing a car into a college dorm while drunk and running off.

While on the Ravens roster he was sued over non payment of loans and clocked up yet another drunk driving incident.

The falling down the stairs was a freak accident and he was given every opportunity to recover.
    Hearing was affected but he wouldn't be the first football player with this issue and the team checked with the league for permission over a hearing aid.

He has serious size, fans rarely saw him on the field and would be surprised how big he is.
    6' 3" 250lb and looks like your perfect pass rusher
    But just couldn't put it together and even when he made the roster he wasn't activated even for just special teams

Worth a shot in training camp but don't get your hopes up

Pick 43 is a high pick and this guy was a bust in Baltimore. BUST!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yep, he most certainly was a bust. But Stevie Brown was cut by three teams after being drafted in the 7th. Nobody rated him and look how he performed this season? Same for Cruz etc.

It's a longshot that this guy is going to do something for us but we're not exactly talented in his area so he's worth a shot. He also wasn't activated until 18 months of being a Raven. I think a lot of things have gone against Kindle, including himself but maybe he can prove something here. Reese also loves a pass-rusher.

So Pat Traina has been given her thoughts on the cap room. She's well respected by Giants fans and knows her stuff.

Here is what she had to say:

On AB:
    I do not think Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be cut. Might they restructure him? Possibly, though I don’t see it being a huge restructuring even if David Wilson moves ahead of him on the depth chart. There's simply no way to where they can drop AB's base salary below that of DW's, even if DW starts.

I'd like to see him kept at a reduced role and if we can't knock a few $$$ off that salary

On Boley:
    I think Michael Boley could become a cap casualty. I could see Jacquian Williams taking over at WLB next year.

Boley should be cut 100%

On Webster:
    I don’t think Corey Webster will be cut. While I would think his base salary would be in line for restructuring, this is the final year of his contract, and they might leave it as is just until they know for sure if Jayron Hosley is their future starter at that spot.

Webster played with a broken arm last year. Since it's his final year it's not worth cutting him. There is a theory that Reese is going to extend his contract which would make no sense considering his form.

On Diehl:
    I don’t know if David Diehl will be cut at least right away because right now, they don’t have any experienced depth at tackle on that roster. If James Brewer moves into the starting lineup, Diehl could be a reserve, though obviously not at such a high base salary. If, however, Diehl is cut before the start of the new league year, that is a sure sign that a veteran OL is high on their FA list.

Diehl should be cut. Put Locklear in there and lets try develop some OLinemen.

On Beatty:
    I have a strong suspicion that Will Beatty will be franchised, unless of course they reach a long-term deal with him. I could also see Victor Cruz getting the highest possible RFA tender if his contract isn’t resolved before the start of FA on March 12.

why Franchising Beatty is a terrible move. We should lock him down for 6 years with good money. Front loaded contract too.

On Super Stevie:
    I think Stevie Brown will get at least a second-round tender, though if the team gives him an original round tender, that is likely an indication about how they feel about Will Hill and his chances of starting sooner than later. I do not think Kenny Phillips returns.

Hopefully we'll get to keep Stevie Brown. Not sure about Will Hill but I believe that they consider him a good prospect.

On Tynes:
    I have a strong hunch that Lawrence Tynes might not be back. Tynes is coming off a banner year, despite his little hiccups later in the season, and he’s certainly going to be an attractive free agent when he hits the market. Remember, this could be his final NFL contract, so I'm sure he'll want to make it really count.

I'm not really bothered about Tynes tbh.

On Keith Rivers:
    I wouldn’t be shocked if they re-sign Keith Rivers and maybe look at him as their middle linebacker next year. Yes, Rivers has been injury-prone, but when he’s been on the field, he’s often looked very, very good and they might give him another shot.

They will probably give him a deal to prove himself although he's brittle and spends a lot of time on the injury table.

On players restructures:
    If we're talking candidates for contract restructurings, I wonder if perhaps Chris Canty + Chris Snee might be asked to re-structure to lower their base salaries. I know Eli + Antrel Rolle are two guys most would like to see restructured, but Eli restructured last year while Rolle has played very well. While Canty and Snee both dealt with injury issues this year, and Snee is coming off a Pro Bowl season, I think those will be two contracts to keep an eye on.

Snee restructured last September so he can't restructure again until September.

On our needs:
    If I have to guess right now on the highest area of needs, I’d say in no particular order: cornerback, offensive tackle, and defensive tackle are right up there. I know some of you think linebacker should be in there as well, and that area will probably get some new depth, but I think the three positions I listed earlier in this post are probably of a higher priority given the current depth situation.

We have so many needs at the moment. I think LB is above corner for me.

Also JPP 1 - 0 JJ Watt

Also if we tag Cruz. We'll either lose Cruz or Nicks in 2014.

What do ye reckon? Who would you keep?

For me we would have to keep Cruz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Also if we tag Cruz. We'll either lose Cruz or Nicks in 2014.

What do ye reckon? Who would you keep?

Both have to be kept. Get Cruz tied down to a 5 year deal and do likewise with Nicks next offseason. They are proably with best WR tandem in the NFL (when fit)

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »

Yeah there seems to be sounds that the Giants might have to let Cruz go. I'd like him to stay but there is no point in paying him $10 Million a year.

Yeah there seems to be sounds that the Giants might have to let Cruz go. I'd like him to stay but there is no point in paying him $10 Million a year.

That's a big risk to take.

Nicks a bit injury prone & you are asking Randle, Jerrnigan, Hixon n Barden to step up.

Is Cruz a RFA or FA? Would a team trade for him and what would we get. Is it possible to put a 1st round tender on some-one

Yeah if we tender him we'll have to get a first round pick as compensation if someone offers him more money. Nobody will do that.

The Giants released Michael Boley today. Start of a very important off-season

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The Giants released Michael Boley today. Start of a very important off-season
    It's kind of surprised me but it hasn't either if you get me? I think Williams is the guy going forward. I think JW can be a big player for us.

Webster, Rolle, Diehl etc. are all in line next IMO.

It's kind of surprised me but it hasn't either if you get me? I think Williams is the guy going forward. I think JW can be a big player for us.

Webster, Rolle, Diehl etc. are all in line next IMO.

Yea Williams is the one guy in that LB crew who is athletic enough to cover good TE's.

According to reports Ahmed Bradshaw has been released. Surprised at this, big step up for David Wilson to do it over a season, although the signs were promising in the last month of this season

Forgot to mention Michael boley dropped as well !!

Canty gone too apparently.

Bradshaw will be missed as a vocal leader but his foot problems have ruined him IMO

• Advertisement

Just home from work n read Canty and Bradshaw are released. :eek:

Really surprised by this (although they were both due very high salaries)

With the cuts of Boley, Canty n Bradshaw the Giants have gone from $4 million over the cap to having approx $9 million cap space.

That money will be put to good use on new contracts for Beatty, Cruz n Nicks.

So who else won't be back next year. To my reckoning David Diehl, Osi Umenyiora and Kenny Phillips won't be back.

My gut instinct says that Keith Rivers and Chase Blackburn will be retained (on low cost deals) I'd expect Sean Locklear and Kevin Boothe will also be back.

The one that I have no idea on is Corey Webster. He cant be retained on $7.5 million but we are very thin at CB. I think we should do everything possible to get him to restructure his deal.

I think if a decent 5m CB deal can be done with someone in FA Webster will be cut. Also Diehl, Nicks and someone else got a small payrise of about 800k. That makes no sense to me. Especially as Diehl should be cut.

Hopefully the money gives Beatty and Cruz their contracts. Maybe cutting Webster could get Bennett, Beatty, Cruz and Nicks some deal for security.

Although its rumoured that Nicks will get a deal this year as Cruz isn't likely to resign.

God speed Ahmad.
    image.JPG

Wilson and Brown need to really step up next season, especially at pass blocking.

We have loads of problems on this team that need addressing. Next year could be a rebuilding year. Tuck, Canty, Osi, Webster, TT could all be gone by next year.

Hopefully the message has been sent to the locker room. Too many guys happy with their ring.

Also Diehl, Nicks and someone else got a small payrise of about 800k. That makes no sense to me. Especially as Diehl should be cut.

Although its rumoured that Nicks will get a deal this year as Cruz isn't likely to resign.

Diehl got a pay rise????!!! F**k me :mad: ridiculous stuff

I don't see what the dragging of the feet on Cruz is all about. In the past 2 years he has put up over 2,500 yards. He seems like a guy who will not be affected by celebrity or money. If we don't tie him up its crazy :confused:

Osi is gone. It was always going to happen. Next season is going to be a rebuilding season.

Bye Osi.

Apparently we re-signed Shaun Rogers.

What is the point in holding on to TT atm? Surely we aren't going to keep him.

Also good deal getting Rodgers back (or started for that matter!)

Get Cruz, Beatty and Nicks done this season and let's move on.

• Advertisement

What is the point in holding on to TT atm? Surely we aren't going to keep him.

Also good deal getting Rodgers back (or started for that matter!)

Get Cruz, Beatty and Nicks done this season and let's move on.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/terrell_thomas_hopes_to_get_healthy_TlyDhmsqGZRzneBwRwU4MJ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%20Giants%20Blog#axzz2KI4VSOLf

Looks like Jerry Reese will be cutting him but I can def see them trying to bring him back on some sort of 1 year prove your fit deal. He is still only 28

Giants have re-signed Bear Pascoe to a 1 year $715,000 deal

Advertisement