Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Bad teams find ways to lose and boy are we a bad team

Looking good at half time up 14 pts then a complete collapse and lose in OT

No adjustments at all in the second half

This really is a game that should prove Shurmur doesn't have what it takes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

I don't know, haven't seen it. But I'm kinda happy we lost (I know to the Eagles so shoot me). Fear from me would have been the following had we won:
    • - Talk would have been "We should go back to Eli". Maybe he is better than Jones. - We are better off at this stage trying to get as high a draft position as possible, so losing out is better IMHO.
    • - If we had beaten the Eagles and we win at Miami and the Skins, I think there would be a real chance that Shurmur might be kept on if he made Assistant Coaching changes. This way, he will be so toxic, that he cannot be kept.
    • - There will also be a discussion on whether the top brass will trust Gettleman with a #2 pick. I think he will but at least it will elicit the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I stayed up until 4:30 to see a 2-9 giants fail to mark the only eagles player left standing in the end zone who also happened to be a pro bowl TE.

Nice.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I don't know, haven't seen it. But I'm kinda happy we lost (I know to the Eagles so shoot me). Fear from me would have been the following had we won:
    • - Talk would have been "We should go back to Eli". Maybe he is better than Jones. - We are better off at this stage trying to get as high a draft position as possible, so losing out is better IMHO.
    • - If we had beaten the Eagles and we win at Miami and the Skins, I think there would be a real chance that Shurmur might be kept on if he made Assistant Coaching changes. This way, he will be so toxic, that he cannot be kept.
    • - There will also be a discussion on whether the top brass will trust Gettleman with a #2 pick. I think he will but at least it will elicit the conversation.

Thought Jones should be gone for the rest of the year?

High ankle sprains def more than 1 week off

I think we will beat Miami at home, skins maybe then lose to the Eagles again

Funny Leonard Wiliams wants a big contract. Unfortunately Gettleman will prob overpay thanks to giving up draft picks for him

This trade is becoming worse and worse as the season progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

If we win one of the games against Miami or Washington, we still have 2 overall pick. Honestly if shurmur survives this then Mara has no ambition to win

• Advertisement

I think Tisch wants Shurmur gone, not sure about Mara

Will he do the sacrifice a Co-ordinator and let Shurmur continue?

Thing is even if we fire Betcher etc who would want a 1 year co-ordinator position when Shurmur would be likely to be gone the next year anyway?

Jack Rabbit has been released. The official reason is his twitter exchange earlier on in the week. His shoddy coverage should have been another reason.
    Now if Shurmur and gettleman follow him out the door

Right decision really

You just can't call anybody that these days as it is a really offensive term

He doesn't seem unhappy either

Best news ever.. Thank you
    — JackRabbit2.0 (@JjenkzLockdown) December 13, 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

wawaman wrote: »
    Jack Rabbit has been released. The official reason is his twitter exchange earlier on in the week. His shoddy coverage should have been another reason.
    Now if Shurmur and gettleman follow him out the door

One of those good PR moves that would have likely happened either way, given his performance and savings for next year

Eli to start on Sunday

I don't like winning meaningless games but GOD I really want to get one last win with Eli esp in Metlife

Back to .500 for his career and Jones can take over for the rest of the year

• Advertisement

That was a nice way for Eli to bow out

That was a nice way for Eli to bow out

Yup 😀

Great to get a win for him

Let him retire now

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭bluedex

Going to NYC for a week after Christmas, so picked up tickets for the game against the Eagles on 29th. Looking forward to it but haven't been to Meadowlands since the 94 World Cup so can't recall much about getting there etc...
    Anyone got any tips/advice for attending a game in Metlife? The tickets are all mobile phone format now. I believe there were teething problems initially but things work more smoothly now. :)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bluedex wrote: »
    Going to NYC for a week after Christmas, so picked up tickets for the game against the Eagles on 29th. Looking forward to it but haven't been to Meadowlands since the 94 World Cup so can't recall much about getting there etc...
    Anyone got any tips/advice for attending a game in Metlife? The tickets are all mobile phone format now. I believe there were teething problems initially but things work more smoothly now. :)

I was over there a couple of weeks ago for the Packers game. Yeh the tickets are mobile but they just scan the barcode and away you go !! Check the weather beforehand....i cant stress this enough !!!!!!!!!
    I was in the upper tier and freezing - the couple of inches of snow didnt help though ! Getting there is handy enough, its getting home is the problem ! If you are driving yourself or on the train you shouldnt be to bad. But getting a taxi or an Uber is a disaster, especially if the weather is poor. Enjoy !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭bluedex

I was over there a couple of weeks ago for the Packers game. Yeh the tickets are mobile but they just scan the barcode and away you go !! Check the weather beforehand....i cant stress this enough !!!!!!!!!
    I was in the upper tier and freezing - the couple of inches of snow didnt help though ! Getting there is handy enough, its getting home is the problem ! If you are driving yourself or on the train you shouldnt be to bad. But getting a taxi or an Uber is a disaster, especially if the weather is poor. Enjoy !!!

Great, thanks. We're on the upper tier too, so will get the thermals on!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Another win: ✅
    Chase young: ��
    DJ & saquon: ✅
    Shurmur keeping his job: ��

Another win Yes

Chase Young Gone and prob to the Redskins so we will be seeing a lot of him for years

DJ & Saquon good but vs awful opposition

Shurmur shouldn't be affected by the win. We barely beat the Redskins after being up most of the game and we conceded 35 points

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yesterday was the first team Jones has played for the second time, who have tape on him, are familiar with him, and can game plan for him.

What a performance.

We have our QB of the future. We now just need nearly everything else :pac:

Well thankfully that shambles of a season is over

Even at 17 all yesterday you just knew the Eagles would win that game

No matter how beat up they were or how many injured players they had they still beat us by double scores at home

Their practice squad players were better than some of our first round picks

That reflects so badly on Getty that he really should be gone as well today

Jones deserves more time but he had some very bad plays yesterday

I'm not convinced he is a franchise QB at this stage but then again neither was Eli, Payton Manning or a good few other very good QBs in year one

We now pick at 4 in the draft

We need to pick up another really good player there

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Well thankfully that shambles of a season is over

Even at 17 all yesterday you just knew the Eagles would win that game

No matter how beat up they were or how many injured players they had they still beat us by double scores at home

Their practice squad players were better than some of our first round picks

That reflects so badly on Getty that he really should be gone as well today

Jones deserves more time but he had some very bad plays yesterday

I'm not convinced he is a franchise QB at this stage but then again neither was Eli, Payton Manning or a good few other very good QBs in year one

We now pick at 4 in the draft

We need to pick up another really good player there

By all accounts it seems Shurmur is gone. Worringly it seems DG will keep his job. Apparentely Mara wants to keep him while Tisch wants to blow the whole thing up. Glad that Shurmur is going but have zero faith DG will appoint the right head coach or add the neccessary pieces required through free agency or draft to make this team remotely competitive

• Advertisement

I'm with Tisch for once but I fear Mara will hold sway as he's in charge of football decisions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

gstack166 wrote: »

Prob means we're keeping Gettleman though grrr

He was always going to get a stay once Danny Dimes broke through and looks like a franchise QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Matt Rhule is the early fav for the job

Matt Rhule is the early fav for the job

Have a feeling he’ll be Cowboys bound but they have a head start in recruiting him now

First it giveth and then it taketh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well according to Adam Schefter both new head coaches in New York and Cleveland will have a role in deciding if the current GMs stay.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well according to Adam Schefter both new head coaches in New York and Cleveland will have a role in deciding if the current GMs stay.

Not according to the owners

Gettleman stays

Advertisement