Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Not according to the owners

Gettleman stays

Fair enough I was just repeating what Schefty was tweeting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So who do we want/think gets the job???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So who do we want/think gets the job???
    Matt Rhule may be the best bet or Josh McDaniels if he gets tired of waiting for Belichick to retire.

They also may consider Jason Garrett if the Cowboys cut him loose.

With Eli probably retiring, do you think the Giants may go after Tua Tagovailoa in the draft?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

notobtuse wrote: »

With Eli probably retiring, do you think the Giants may go after Tua Tagovailoa in the draft?

No. You can’t cut jones loose after 1 season. He has some glimpses but the turnovers are a big concern.
    On another note, that Mara press conference was depressing, completely out of touch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

wawaman wrote: »
    No. You can’t cut jones loose after 1 season. He has some glimpses but the turnovers are a big concern.
    On another note, that Mara press conference was depressing, completely out of touch
    Arizona Cardinals did it with Josh Rosen. The Giants will still need at least two QB’s on the roster. Why not let them compete for the job?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Arizona Cardinals did it with Josh Rosen. The Giants will still need at least two QB’s on the roster. Why not let them compete for the job?

This roster needs major work, using the 4th overall on another Qb would be a waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I didn't see it but was it the usual phrases and flowering positive language ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Really not sure how people are anything less than impressed with what Jones managed as a rookie, with the circumstances around him.

He is absolutely the Giants QB of the future, to think anything less after this season is baffling.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't see it but was it the usual phrases and flowering positive language ?

I support arsenal (I know, double whammy!!!) I’ve seen this for years there, saying the right things but complete lack of organisational change or doing it to late leads to massive decline. I have no faith in Mara, Tisch or DG to stop this rut

First McCarthey went and now Rhule. And yet the Giants ownership believe everyone wants to work with Gettleman. What an absolute fiasco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ouch

So much for the stories of Giants or nothing for Rhule

Bet Mara & Co are panicking now

Be interesting to see who the favourite is now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭boccy23

Is it Gettleman or would Carolina with Newton (AN Other) and CMac not look like a more talented roster. Also with a new owner there, money may be better than G-men could offer. I was disappointed that we couldn't land McCarthy. Have no real clue what Rhule will be like.

More money to the head coach?

Maybe

Giants have far more cap space and the same amount of draft picks as Carolina

Jason Garrett incoming !!

I bloody hope not

However we may need to 'settle' for him

Jason Garrett incoming !!

Can definitely see that.

Panic Panic Panic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

boccy23 wrote: »
    Is it Gettleman or would Carolina with Newton (AN Other) and CMac not look like a more talented roster. Also with a new owner there, money may be better than G-men could offer. I was disappointed that we couldn't land McCarthy. Have no real clue what Rhule will be like.

Don't know much about Rhule but I cant see any forward thinking coach wanting to work under Gettleman. He seems like he is in the dark ages whereas the new owner of the Panthers seems to be very forward thinking

Pats WR Coach Joe Judge is our new Head Coach

• Advertisement

what the hell is going on?

New York Giants are finalizing a deal to make Patriots’ wide receivers coach Joe Judge their next head coach, league sources tell ESPN. Deal was in the works as of last night, which is another reason Matt Rhule took the Panthers’ HC job.
    — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 7, 2020

Really don't know what to make of this appointment

Wow

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Don't know much about Rhule but I cant see any forward thinking coach wanting to work under Gettleman. He seems like he is in the dark ages whereas the new owner of the Panthers seems to be very forward thinking

What's not to like about "Aren't we forward thinking, we hired 4 computer guys!!" Christ he is so disconnected.

This hire makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

This hire makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

On the plus side its not Jason Garrett !!

wawaman wrote:
    On the plus side its not Jason Garrett !!

But at least Garrett has been a HC. We've just hired a ST and WR coach..

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    One note on the #Giants: Matt Rhule called them before signing his 6-year deal with the #Panthers and gave them the opportunity to match and lure him to get on the plane. They declined and hired Joe Judge instead.

Apparently Rhule got a 7 yr $60 million contract

I wonder how much we will be giving Judge?

But at least Garrett has been a HC. We've just hired a ST and WR coach..

I spoke too soon !! We have requested permission to interview Garrett for OC

This is getting stranger and stranger

Unless Judge actually wanted Garrett but why would he?

• Advertisement

I spoke too soon !! We have requested permission to interview Garrett for OC

I do think he needs an experienced former HC as OC or DC with him. This would help him adjust to being a HC.

Advertisement