Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Overrated but would of been nice to keep for the right price

Yea would have been nice to hang onto him but I'm sure Eli will turn someone else into a very good TE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

HigginsJ wrote: »

Yea would have been nice to hang onto him but I'm sure Eli will turn someone else into a very good TE

Yeah I wonder what we'll do with TE. Reports are that the Pats were willing to give up a first for Cruz before he changed agent. Seems like bull and could just be putting pressure on Welker but I get the feeling that the Giants aren't dealing all their cards because of the Cruz situation I imagine they have a bit of cash waiting for Cruz's next move. If we haven't struck a deal then we may get a WR or TE in FA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fitzpatrick cut.

Guessing they're going QB so in the draft or FA.

Aaron Ross is back again!!

More dead weight. Maybe for depth but he is waaaaaaay overrated now.

If he is on a vet minimum contract then he is grand addition

SantryRed wrote: »
    Fitzpatrick cut.

Guessing they're going QB so in the draft or FA.

Fitzpatrick?? :confused:

• Advertisement

I think the Mike Wallace to Dolphins deal is the final nail in the coffin of our hopes of keeping Cruz.

5 year $65 million ($30 million guaranteed) Victor Cruz has been a more reliable, more productive WR than Wallace over the past 2 years. If he had one more good year he could comfortably look at close to $90 million in free agency next year.

There is no way we can sign both him and Nicks to that sort of deal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

I think the Mike Wallace to Dolphins deal is the final nail in the coffin of our hopes of keeping Cruz.

5 year $65 million ($30 million guaranteed) Victor Cruz has been a more reliable, more productive WR than Wallace over the past 2 years. If he had one more good year he could comfortably look at close to $90 million in free agency next year.

There is no way we can sign both him and Nicks to that sort of deal :(

Do Giants try to keep Nicks or Cruz??

Do Giants try to keep Nicks or Cruz??

From everything Jerry Reese has said Nicks is No.1 and I would tend to agree. Nicks has an incredible skill-set and hands like shovels. The hope is Rande shows progress to soften the blow or Cruz departing.

We've signed a new kicker Josh Brown.

Cruz to the Vikings is slowly gathering pace too!! :-(

We've signed a new kicker Josh Brown.

Cruz to the Vikings is slowly gathering pace too!! :-(

Is Brown any good? Does he have stronger leg than Tynes?

That would be good bit of business for Vikes. Upgrade your WR and pick up 2 draft picks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Has there been any rumours on Osi lads?

Has there been any rumours on Osi lads?

He'll probably have a good few teams interested in him but he over values himself and isn't a great rusher anymore.
    For the right price he can be a good situational rusher but he doesn't want that. He wants every snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kenny PHillips is gone............to the Eagles.

jack_middle_finger.gif

Damn!! Was hoping we'd keep KP. It's a one year deal which means he thinks he's going to hit FA again next year. He'll get a better deal then too as he's a very good player. Our defence falls to sh1t with him off the field. He's not Steve Smith and I think this one will work out much better for the Eagles.

We definitely wanted to keep him so this is really disappointing. Our offer must of been dreadful. Don't really get why he'd sign for the Eagles when the Panthers were interested.

Diehl restructures which probably means that Boothe is gone. Good news in a way but I'd prefer if he was cut.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Kenny PHillips is gone............to the Eagles.

[G]

Such a shame he couldn't stay healthy. He could have been one of the best in the business. Ryan Mundy being signed at safety

Diehl restructures which probably means that Boothe is gone. Good news in a way but I'd prefer if he was cut.

Diehl re-structure or take a pay cut? Will be a pity to lose Boothe. Really thought he and Locklear were our best o-linemen last year

My main hope for the season is that JR knows what he's doing. We look in pretty bad shape for the next 1-3 years. In that period JPP could be getting a monster deal and Nicks is due this year too. We have problems all over the field. Eli is coming off a poor year. Our defence looked fragile and has more components taken off it. Our DLIne looks fragile and will JPP be able to overcome the double teams this year? Will his production increase. Tuck isn't the same player anymore. In the backfield we look poor when KP was off the field. Now he's gone! Rolle is overpaid. Reese found a gem in Brown but is he going to stay? Will he be able to have another solid year? Lets not talk about LB or DT!!

Our OLine is pretty poor. Boothe looks like he's gone. Gettin Beatty tied is great business but having Diehl starting again doesn't bode well. Will the protection for Eli be good enough? Will we have the tools to have a decent run game? Not for me. I'm happy with the RB situation. At WR we have two great players. Can Nicks stay healthy? I think Eli and the passing game suffered because Nicks always played with some sort of injury last year when he did play. Will Cruz stay or go? We need him on this team. We have no real TE on the roster but Eli really makes these guys work for our scheme.

I know that sounds a bit doom and gloom but I think we definitely need a good draft this year to ease the pain of this retooling. Obviously there is more business to do in the offseason but I don't mind as our division doesn't look that strong ATM.

Everything is set up for us to win the SB so :p

Anyone plan on going over this year?

Keith Rivers is coming back next year. If (somewhat big if) he can get healthy and team up with Jacquain Williams and a rookie draft selection (AJ Klein Iowa) we could have a pretty decent line backing corp.

They are trying to get Chase Blackburn to agree to a 1 year vet minimum contract but the Cowgirls apparently showing interest in him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Louis Murphy (Panthers?) is visiting the Giants today. Doesnt exactly get the pulse racing !!

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Louis Murphy (Panthers?) is visiting the Giants today. Doesnt exactly get the pulse racing !!

We won't have any free agent that sets the pulse racing. He wouldn't be a bad replacement for Hixon/Barden and he is till relatively young.

Personally I'd love us to sign Danny Woodhead & Darius Heyward-Bey

Danny Woodhead would be a fantastic pick up IMO - Good shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I love me some Danny Woodhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

Louis Murphy and Dan Connor have agreed terms with the Giants. Brandon Myers is due to visit soon, he wud add a lot at TE.

Louis Murphy and Dan Connor have agreed terms with the Giants. Brandon Myers is due to visit soon, he wud add a lot at TE.

Yea Myers is the TE I want this off-season. He will be excellent with Eli.

Dan Connor an MLB. Is he any good?

Connor was a cap casualty for the Cowboys. I think he's a better player than Chase but he's not going to solve any problems for us!

I wonder what Tynes is looking for in FA?

Apparently we have reached an agreement to sign Brandon Myers. Delighted with that now

Apparently we have reached an agreement to sign Brandon Myers. Delighted with that now

Strange one this. Signed to a 4 year deal but the last 3 years can be voided. Also according to Jenny Verentas the giants are one of a number of teams interested in matt hassleback who was released by the titans

• Advertisement

Strange one this. Signed to a 4 year deal but the last 3 years can be voided. Also according to Jenny Verentas the giants are one of a number of teams interested in matt hassleback who was released by the titans

Hassleback would be a great back-up if anything happened to Eli. Need someone better than Curtis Painter.

Hopefully Myers will be a success and become a long term starter at TE.

Still think alot of work required on the o-line. Diehl still has to agree to restructure or pay cut. Kevin Boothe needs to be re-signed as well.

Advertisement