Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

True, some of Jones's play was really good, it was just the 2 interceptions immediately brought me back to last year. Just as an aside, how good is Slayton!?

I know Saquon will get paaaaaid next year but if that O-Line doesnt improve alot, is there any point paying him to maybe get 10 yards a game. Sunday against the Bears will be a better barometer i agree as to what we can do this year. But that O-Line wont have it any easier against the Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I feel a lot better about the Giants and where they are headed after the Steelers game than I was before. I loved the hustle on Defense and I liked a lot of what we were doing on Offense. We're not a good team, and that's fine. This is a journey. But I think we'll get there.

Can't believe it's another year where I've been suckered in by the off-season O Line 'improvements'....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I feel a lot better about the Giants and where they are headed after the Steelers game than I was before. I loved the hustle on Defense and I liked a lot of what we were doing on Offense. We're not a good team, and that's fine. This is a journey. But I think we'll get there.

Can't believe it's another year where I've been suckered in by the off-season O Line 'improvements'....

I have watched most of the game at this stage and certainly, the left side of O-Line I thought did a good job. Saquon needs to improve on his blitz pick up. The one in the 4th quarter was definitely down to him.

For the left side, Fleming is a liability and we need to get him help via a TE. He had a few occasions where he had to cover 2 guys.

On the running game, I think the schemes here were questionable. Too often we left Dupree unblocked or there should have been a pulling TE which didn't exist and he met Saquon in the back field.

I isolated on Thomas for a good part of the game and was impressed. He dealt 1-on-1 with Dupree well for the most part. His run blocking was also positive and most of the failures occurred via the left side and Fleming in particular.

I would certainly concur with Beefy that there was more positives than negatives. The D line as we have little depth seem to run out of puff. Most of Snell's runs came in the 4th quarter and more game time will improve that. I thought that Williams and Lawrence played really well. Lorenzo Carter seems to have taken a step up and is continuing what was reported in camp over the summer. Martinez is ad advertising but the back end needs work. Hopefully more playing time or schemes can help them. But the overall Defensive play was far superior to last few seasons.

It could actually have been a whole lot different but for the brain fade that Danny Dimes suffered on that goal line play. A score there and who knows? But alas that is the beauty of sport.

What is the point..

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Suspected torn ACL for Saquon. **** it anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Going to be a long season

Jones does so much good but yet again 2 turnovers

Gets the ball at our own 40 down 4 , does a decent drive then chooses to do a short pass for 5 yards when we could have had 2 chances at the endzone

Then OPI on Golden Tate

Bad teams always find ways to lose

Barkley going to be some loss for the rest of the year

Then to top it all the Cowboys pox a comeback win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Its official now

Barkley done for the Season

Torn ACL

We're expected to sign Devonte Freeman as his replacement

Not been dramatic but if we don't win tonight then ive no idea where our 1st win is gonna be on that schedule

Safe to say we will be drafting Top 5 again.

How do we let Gettleman use this pick?

He needs to be replaced ASAP and then decide whether DJ is the QB they want to go forward with.

The season is over. We has 3 weeks of interest. An offense that couldn't get inside the 49ers 20 yard line makes the Giants games unwatchable.

What a disaster???

I was an optimist, but at this stage, I am wondering do I support a different team. I have been watching Giant football since 1985 and I have never been more turned off them. The talent level is so deficient, it is depressing.

• Advertisement

Gettleman has to go.. Ownership have to see that or they just don't care about the team progressing at all

Getting blown out by the 49ers B team is embarrassing

We were brutal yesterday

The more you see of Jones the more doubts I have

He's not progressing at all

Engram is a huge disappointment so far this year

Hard to see us giving him a big contract after this year

What is it with Jones turning over the ball??

What is it with Jones turning over the ball??

Whatever it is he needs to fix it soon

Jones had turnover issues on college and its not getting better

Better performance than the shambles last week

Still another loss though

Defence overall was decent

Offence not so much even though it was nice to see some run game

Jones really needs to learn not to stare down receivers. I'm not sure if he can though

Jones hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass in three weeks and has only two on the season. He has five interceptions and has fumbled three times, losing two. The more you see, the more you have to wonder if this is just what we’re going to get from the second-year quarterback.

What a way to lose :'(

Well that was deflating, thought we had that one

This team does not know how to win football games. I never really had that much expectation with the last drive and with just under 2mins left, that Jones could get us in a game winning position.
    He is just so up and down that it is hard to have faith that he is "the" guy.

I agree that I didn't have much confidence in DJ on that last drive. But the O-Line was a complete mess at that stage. According to PFF he was under pressure on 19 of his 35 drop backs. It is crazy stuff.

But my issues in this game lie on the other side of the ball. I thought that the strides made by the Defence were all thrown away in this game. The Cowboys O-Line is no good and yet they were able to run it down the Giants throats when they wanted. I though the Linebackers were all over the place alignment wise. Blake Martinez seemed to be running around the play all evening, but never quite getting into the correct position. They started well obviously, but again struggled to complete the job. It reminded me of week 1.

I think Joe Judge is doing a good job and with better individual play, I think he can turn things around.

• Advertisement

Those 2 touchtowns that were wiped out were real letdowns, especially the Engram one in the first half. Pure stupidity, no wonder Judge was going mad. There is a real lack of playmakers and talent on the roster. If the Falcons GM is getting fired i really dont know how Gettleman can be kept.

More brain dead stuff from Jones

Great to get a win and avoid 0-16

We really make things hard for ourselves

I just knew they would score a TD in the final drive

Thankfully for once we stopped a 2 pt conversion

That INT from Jones is maddening even if I think it should have been overturned on replay

He learnt nothing from the Pittsburgh interception

Would be great to beat Philly on Thursday but I just can't see it

We really should win tonight. The Eagles have 1 offensive starter outside of Wentz. But we always lose to the Eagles. We'll probably find a new and exciting way to lose tonight.

Going to be a long night if that first Eagles drive is anything to go by

Getting manhandled and Wentz has all day to throw

Frustrating Jones comes back

Awful pass to Engram

Need a stop here on D as Wentz is getting a lot of big passing plays so far

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Frustrating Jones comes back

Awful pass to Engram

Need a stop here on D as Wentz is getting a lot of big passing plays so far

Yeah he put way too much heat on that pass. Hopefully this doesn't start a collapse

Some of the beat writers blaming Engram

That pass had no chance of going anywhere even if completed

Well done D

Big INT

• Advertisement

Bloody awful fumble by Lewis

Watch as we concede points before HT now

*Haunted they missed a FG

Not a bad position only down 3 at HT