Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

wawaman wrote: »
    Very underwhelming so far

So...em...this take didn’t age well!

Giants sign Adoree Jackson to a 3 year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

the Giants are giving Jackson an astonishing three-year, $39 million deal. The deal will include more than $20 million in guaranteed money.

We've been very active this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

Ownership has backed DG and gone all in this year.

If Golladay and Jackson repay the investment, in the same way as Martinez and Bradberry did last year, then we could have a very competitive team.

Leaves the O-Line and Edge now for the draft.

I will be interested to see if Solder can help the O-Line as well though.

Giants sign outside linebacker Ryan Anderson former of the football teams (still find it hard not to type the previous name)

The veteran salary benefit contract is reportedly for one year worth $1.127 million, with a $137,500 signing bonus.

Giants’ deal with Kyle Rudolph hits “snag” over foot injury

Garafolo tweeted that “the team’s medical staff is concerned with Rudolph’s foot after his physical and believes he’ll need surgery. The sides are discussing how to proceed. The two-year deal was agreed to but not yet signed.”

Garafolo also tweeted that ‘Rudolph is still in town and meeting with the #Giants tonight. The team and his camp are talking about a medical plan. Everything could be ironed out. The deal isn’t dead at this point. Just some extended discussions about the medicals right now.”

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/3/23/22347511/giants-deal-with-kyle-rudolph-hits-snag-over-foot-injury

Pity as I thought this was a great signing

Hopefully things can get sorted out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Giants’ deal with Kyle Rudolph hits “snag” over foot injury

Garafolo tweeted that “the team’s medical staff is concerned with Rudolph’s foot after his physical and believes he’ll need surgery. The sides are discussing how to proceed. The two-year deal was agreed to but not yet signed.”

Garafolo also tweeted that ‘Rudolph is still in town and meeting with the #Giants tonight. The team and his camp are talking about a medical plan. Everything could be ironed out. The deal isn’t dead at this point. Just some extended discussions about the medicals right now.”

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/3/23/22347511/giants-deal-with-kyle-rudolph-hits-snag-over-foot-injury

Pity as I thought this was a great signing

Hopefully things can get sorted out

If the deal doesn't work out, I assume it puts TE back as an option for the draft? I wouldn't feel comfortable going with just Engram for the season, Rudolph is a nice safe dependable option and a great foil to Engram's more big play ability

tgdaly wrote: »
    If the deal doesn't work out, I assume it puts TE back as an option for the draft? I wouldn't feel comfortable going with just Engram for the season, Rudolph is a nice safe dependable option and a great foil to Engram's constant ball dropping ability

FYP

wawaman wrote: »
    FYP

Haha dead on, he does have big play ability, but hands of lead unfortunately a lot of the time!

• Advertisement

I have no idea what the giants are going to do. Refreshing in a way.

True

Usually our draft targets get heavily leaked well before the event so others can leapfrog us

Doesn't seem to be happening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Anyone else still up, and planning to watch the draft? if so, who are you hoping for, or what position? Personally, I hope for Slater or Sewell. Top O-liners are like hens' teeth and cant be picked up in FA withouth overpaying (see Nate Solder). Get a great one and he could be here for 10 years. No point in having Galloday and Waddle wide open if Jones is on his back.

Doubt very much Pitts would drop to 11 be the is th only one I would plump for over the 2 above.

Dont know how to feel about last night. On the one hand,we got a big haul for the 11th pick from the Bears. On the other didnt see that pick coming especially with the edge guys still on the board.

Im guessing we would have picked Devonta Smith at 11 if the Eagles didnt trade up. BTW who trades with a division opponent!?

I like it. Toney seems to have what we are missing, i.e. speed and flexibility. We got another pick this year which was needed and then a 1st next year.

I had my reservations over Paye and was certainly afraid we would go Ojulari. We could still do that now but we also have a decent weapon.

Question remains whether Garrett can us him I suppose.

I really like the trade. It's the first time we've traded down in 9 drafts in any round under Gettleman, and we got a pretty decent haul from the Bears. Once Smith was gone it just made sense, in previous years we probably would have reached on a guy so it's smart.

On the pick itself I'm on the fence. A talented player but was it really a position of need? I'd have been more than happy with Golladay, Slayton, Shepard, Engram and Barkley as catching options going into the season.

Be interesting to see where we go in rounds 2 and 3

Love the trade

Good value

Hate the pick

Last thing we needed is another player with inconsistent hands to go with Engram

Seems a reach for him at 20

So many other positions we could have used help at

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong

I suppose we will also have to couple Toney with what comes next year.

Who would you have taken there?

If going WR I'd have preferred Bateman

Paye or Rousseau better value at 20 than 11

Then again what do I know?

Hopefully the Giants know what they're doing

I know, it's very hard to tell now. Only time will tell.

I was just glad that we got out of 11 at that stage with both Bama receivers gone.

I was afraid we were going to go Slater. Nothing against him, but we have invested in OL. Need to make it work now.

If nothing else, we could see a season like 2016 or 2017, can't remember exactly, when we could score for fun but stop no one.

• Advertisement

True

We'll only know after next year's draft

We're getting Toney, 5th rounder this year, 1st next, 4th next vs Fields

I still think we'll invest in OLine in either round 2 or 3

PFF have given the Toney pick as an above average:

R1 (20) NEW YORK GIANTS: WR KADARIUS TONEY, FLORIDA

Pick Grade: Above Average

Kadarius Toney is still learning to play wide receiver, but his development in 2020 was impressive to watch if you cued up his tape chronologically. Plus, there is no more electrifying playmaker in this draft. Toney is a tackle-breaking machine, and while he was primarily a slot receiver in college, he has the size and moves to develop into more than that at the next level.

Hoping for an edge and Oline with our picks later

Gettleman trades back 2 in a row

Now picking 50 with an extra 3rd rounder next year

Azeez Ojulari Edge at 50

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Azeez Ojulari Edge at 50

It’s a steal if his knee holds up. Is this a new Gettleman?

Yeah some mocks had us taking him at 11

Giants seem confident about his knee

Must be new Gettleman alright seeing as he traded up to get Aaron Robinson lol

Giving away 5th we got from Chicago yesterday

Day three

Ellerson Smith Edge
    Gary Brightwell RB
    Rodarious Williams CB

Defence heavy draft

4-2 split

Think we could have done with OLine help bit overall happynenough

G-Men open this season at home to the Broncos.

• Advertisement

It's May so hard to say. But initial thoughts are 9-8 would be a good result. The out of division schedule with NFC South and AFC West is tough.

Advertisement