Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

A win is a win but it’s very hard to be excited about this team. The play calling by Garrett is so conservative at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

Shows how we are all so passive on this team at this stage now. No comments on last nights game whatsoever.

I didn't expect much, which was proven true. Heat seems to be coming down firmly on Garrett again, but it does seem like this time, he may not survive. Judge was as publicly scathing as he has ever been on the play calling.

“I get frustrated for the players,” Judge said. “When the guys work hard throughout the week, I want to make sure they have an opportunity to reap the benefits of that hard work. I’ve got to make sure from my standpoint that I get this completely right for the players to go out there and they can play aggressive and understand we’re going to be in position to have success.”

The Igles looked an easier game a few weeks ago to be sure. Their offense has started firing once they handed over more control to Hurts. A bad loss next week with little offensive output could definitely see the end of Garrett.

And where does that leave the Jones train? Can he point to Garrett and say he would have done better with a better play caller. Haven't looked at the QBs coming out, but all the top picks are non-QBs, so my guess is that it is a poor class. May have to stick with Jones for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It was a terrible game all round

I went to bed at 17-10 and didn't miss much

Our TD was a TB gift

Yes it seems like this is a poor QB class so we may need to hold onto Jones but he's not showing much improvement

2 more INTs last night

Daniel Jones has thrown for 203, 222, 110, and 167 yards in the last 4 games

Very sad that Andrew Thomas has more TDs than both Golloday and Toney

Currently we hold picks 5 and 7

I started to watch the game this morning. It became apparent very quickly the direction it was heading so turned it off.

garrett fired btw!

No surprise really he got fired

I'm not sure how much of an improvement Kitchens will be

That's the safety blanket gone for Joe Judge now

Kitchens is his man whereas Garrett wasn't

• Advertisement

Pity the bears won at the last second

We need them to lose as much as possible for better draft pick

Do you honestly trust the giants with another top 5 pick!?

Trust ..... hell no but we have a better chance of lucking into better players with higher draft picks

So far Toney not looking like a very good WR so we need more out of the trade

I presume we'll have a new GM at that stage too

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭tgdaly

In fairness I think Toney has had a couple of good games. Definitely had as many games where he did nothing. Think he has shown he has great potential though. Definitely wouldn't be calling him a bust yet.

Would definitely question the pick of a wr there in general though

• Advertisement

Dallas is the only major one I can think of

Maybe Kitchens gets more out of him than Garrett did

Not a bust just not as effective as he could be

Some talk that firing Garrett was the last throw of the dice for Judge to save his job. Not sure, but if they do (and they should) change the GM, will he also not want his own HC. Hard to force a marriage of convenience like that.

My god. This offense is abysmal

Good defensive performance today, but Hurts was dreadful

Always nice to beat the Eagles

That's a game we should have lost though

How they didn't stick to the run was unreal

Not much different in the Offence under Kitchens

100% agree Krusty.

Widely reported that DG will "step away" at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How they didn’t stick to the run is unreal

Its not just you @KrustyUCC because I don’t get why the eagles tried to make Jalen hurts do something he’s not good at, which is to throw the ball. And only a stupid penalty the eagles should have had another TD, and that giants TD was dodgy at best. It looked like it touched the ground.

I think I’ll watch red zone for the rest of the season because I am not watching this tripe anymore. Mike F*cking Glennon? Question: who wants Barkley around next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wrong thread.

Another fantastic performance yesterday

I think Judge will survive but not sure he's improving anything at all

We are getting outscored 59-0 in the 2 mins before half time over 13 games

13 games with not even a field goal in 2 mins before the half while our D usually give up TD drives

Currently have picks 5 & 6 so at least that something

• Advertisement

Is the Daniel Jones experience over? I know he hasn't been playing, but did he show enough before the injury? Obviously being injured now isn't going to help him. I think the draft is a bit light this year

Not meant to be a great draft for QBs this year

some drafts have us taking Matt Corral QB Old Miss

i don't think Jones has done enough really

No big leap forward this year even accounting for O injuries but not sure Giants will move on from him

No, I remember someone saying that unless your QB is a TOP 5 talent, then draft another one every 3 years. We should do the same. Dak wasn't exactly feted, but look at them now.

Or could we package the 2 Top 10 picks into Russell Wilson or similar? I don't think we have the cap space, but it all depends on what we do organisationally. The more I read about it this year, the nepotism within the building is rife and completely stifling us. We need a huge broom to clean a lot of houses. 5 years now with a losing record. Saw a tweet this week, that the picture on the boat was the last winning season. Have we created a unique new curse??!!

Daniel Jones and Sterling Shephard both gone to IR

Be interesting to see if they start Fromm for the remaining three games

Ownership are happy to bring judge back next year. Says it all really

Very hard to see even one area where Judge has improved this year

Keeping him on makes getting top quality GM harder as well

Pity it's now a 17 game season. End can't come soon enough

How in hell we can keep Judge with this poor fare *stops swearing for filters* is unreal

We're truly awful

Even in the dark McAdoo days I at least had an interest in the games, these days I can’t be bothered.

• Advertisement

Feel exactly the same. Started following the Giants in 1985 and through all the different regimes and different results was always interested. This team holds zero interest for me. Never even turned the game on on Sunday. Have Gamepass but couldn't bear looking at this offense being offensive!

Advertisement