Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Hynosaurus put on IR for the year :(

Noooooooo
    Signed the Terminator as his replacement

I like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chance that Diehl might be back for the game today. Would be a longshot, but with our current state I wouldn't be too surprised to see Coughlin get him out there.

Pretty worried for todays game, tbh. Their pass rush is scary and we just got butchered in that department last week.

Hopefully we can rack up some rushing yards though. Get Wilson the ball early and see what we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Holes all over this team and yet we're capped out. Bye bye Reese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Holes all over this team and yet we're capped out. Bye bye Reese

I'd say they could change a few coaches with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Owen
    Owen who?
    Owen four :(

Jesus this is terrible stuff

Team is a depressing mess right now. No idea where we go from here.

The season is done. It's not just the play calling, it's the execution and ability of some of the team. It's gone too bad at this stage for someone not to be fired.

We look badly coached, what with all the turnovers and mistakes/penalties we give up. Didn't think I'd ever say that about a TC Giants team.

• Advertisement

Coughlin: "Our playcalling is like throwing darts at a board."

^
    That name change is a sign of just how bad we are this year :(

God the NFC East is truly awful this year. If we beat Philly next week & the Cowgirls lose (Broncos looking awesome) we are only 1 game out of division lead. Remember when everyone laughed at the NFC West a couple of years back, now the East is the joke

God the NFC East is truly awful this year. If we beat Philly next week & the Cowgirls lose (Broncos looking awesome) we are only 1 game out of division lead. Remember when everyone laughed at the NFC West a couple of years back, now the East is the joke

To be 1-4 and only a game off the playoff place is ridiculous alright.

Honestly have no idea what to expect against the Eagles. They've been a bit of an enigma in recent years, and seem even more so this year.

Add our terrible form to the mix and anything could be on the cards.

Knex. wrote: »
    To be 1-4 and only a game off the playoff place is ridiculous alright.

Honestly have no idea what to expect against the Eagles. They've been a bit of an enigma in recent years, and seem even more so this year.

Add our terrible form to the mix and anything could be on the cards.

They have the worst defense in the league. If our O is ever going to get going it has to be against the Eagles

I wonder if Josh Brown will be handed his p45 today.

Hakeem Nicks is throwing away the most important season of his career. He needs to pick up quickly or Giants may let him walk next year.

What's up with JPP??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭boccy23

Tough year to be a Giants fan so far. I've suffered through since 1984 and at this stage, this is the most frustrating a squad as I have seen.

I have no issues with TC and think that he should stay. I lay a lot of the blame at the hands or feet of Gilbride and Fewell. The talent level is not awful (LBs apart) but the play has been. The play calling has been atrociuos and there seems to be no commitment to any consistent offensive plan.

Yesterday it looked like Eli was finally starting to become totally disengaged. We hadn't the volume in his helmet turned up ffs. I agree that Nicks is a problem. This cannot be fixed by anyone else except him though.

I have looked at this and at 0-4, it's a disaster. But realistically, Cowgirls and Broncos were what you would expect. Loss to Carolina was awful and cannot be tolerated. And the Chiefs at Arrowhead is always a difficult place to win. I expected 2-2 at this point, but 1-3 would not have been a disaster.

Now we have the Igels two times, @ Chicago (tough) and Minnesota plus Oakland after the bye. Hell I know the season is over, but lets try and not be a laughing stock for the rest of the year.

I'd love to see Eli with a new offensive coordinator for a start. Killdrive has always had a question mark around him, and I don't see him surviving this debacle.

He's too aggressive a play caller for someone like Eli,who is already a little hot on his passes at times, and I've little confidence in his ability to change things up. Broncos game highlighted that massively.

Offensive Line, in fairness, need to get their starters out their regularly before they've any hope of showing some consistency.

Fewel's job is surely on the line too, although for the first half of last night, and even the Bronco's game, I thought the D was actually decent. Falls apart after a while, but when the offense is constantly going 3 and out and they have to face that high volume of snaps, its probably to be expected.

Tl;dr: Gilbride first to go.

Tl;dr: Gilbride first to go.

This change needs to be made asap

One thing I will say about Fewell is that in fairness we have no LB'ers. kP has been a huge loss over the past 2 seasons. Tuck's play has fallen dramatically and JPP has been poor and injured. Although poor in coverage our one ball hawk in the back field is gone in Stevie Brown.

Reese has to go too. I mean we restructured Snee again. What short-sightedness from Reese. Also rumours that we're preparing to tie JPP down to a monster deal is hopefully a joke. The man had a great 2011 season but he hasn't earned a monster deal.

I'm sorry but to go from winning a SB to this is unacceptable. I'd get rid of Coughlin, Gilbride and Reese now.

• Advertisement

Red Crow wrote: »
    One thing I will say about Fewell is that in fairness we have no LB'ers. kP has been a huge loss over the past 2 seasons. Tuck's play has fallen dramatically and JPP has been poor and injured. Although poor in coverage our one ball hawk in the back field is gone in Stevie Brown.

Reese has to go too. I mean we restructured Snee again. What short-sightedness from Reese. Also rumours that we're preparing to tie JPP down to a monster deal is hopefully a joke. The man had a great 2011 season but he hasn't earned a monster deal.

I'm sorry but to go from winning a SB to this is unacceptable. I'd get rid of Coughlin, Gilbride and Reese now.

The lack of trust in our draft picks is the most troubling thing and I don't know who to blame but players are not developing at all.

1st - Hakeem Nicks - All pro WR, injury issues
    2nd - Will Beatty - Signed deserved long term contract this offseason, slow start this year
    2nd - Clint Sintim - injury forced retirement
    3rd - Ramses Barden - Talented (see Carolina last year) but not developed
    3rd - Travis Beckum - Talented but too injury prone & inconsistent, released
    4th - Andre Brown - Bounced around various squads before big chance last year
    5th - Rhett Bomar - Failed experiment to back up Eli
    6th - De Andre Wright - Didn't get past cuts 1st season
    7th - Stoney Woodson - :confused:

1st - JPP - 1 year all pro & downhill since
    2nd - Linval Joseph - Solid, underrated, one of my favourites
    3rd - Chad Jones - Who knows what could have been
    4th - Phillip Dillard - LB didn't play
    5th - Mitch Petrus - Didn't develop, waived
    6th - Adrian Tracy - LB converted to DE, impressed in pre-season more than once but never given shot
    7th - Matt Dodge - :rolleyes:

1st - Prince - Developing nicely but still not the shut down corner we hoped
    2nd - Marvin Austin - injuries & lack of opportunities, released
    3rd - Jerrel Jernigan - 5th/6th choice WR
    4th - James Brewer - Not trusted despite underperforming vets
    6th - Greg Jones - 1 season & released LB 3 selected in 2 years
    6th - Tyler Sash - Not many opportunities, drug suspension, cut
    7th - Da'rel Scott - Getting a chance this year, Waived 02-10-13

1st - David Wilson - fumbling issues & lacking trust from coaching staff
    2nd - Reuben Randle - 3rd choice WR & could step up if Nicks walks
    3rd - Jayron Hosley - One or two nice plays as rookie but demoted behind Ross/TT being back
    4th - Adrien Robinson - The JPP of TE's apparently. Lesser talented guys on the field before him
    5th - Brandon Mosley - Reserve/practise squad so far.
    6th - Matt McCants - See above
    7th - Markus Kuhn - PUP at present

These 4 drafts should be providing a core group of contributors to the squad but all we have from 30 picks is 6 starters. 13 players are no longer on the squad.

Jerrnigan, Hosley, Barden, Robinson, Mosley, Kuhn, McCants, Brewer & Scott have given next to nothing to date.

So the question is are we drafting badly, if so Reese has to bite the bullet, or are we just not developing players/giving guys a chance then Coughlin/Fewell/Kildrive are responsible

The signing of Myers has pissed me off a bit this season, so far. Everyone knew he couldn't block and that we were already missing our blocker in the back field with Bradshaw, yet we still went out and got him anyway.

General **** up the more you think of it. Leaving Bradshaw and Bennett go because you're paying stupid money to overrated players, and then bringing in the likes of Myers and finding yourself in a position where you have to bring in Jacobs by week 2.

Beatty is on crazy money and has absolutely stunk the place out this season, and as mentioned, restructuring of Snee etc is just daft when you're letting the younger guys, who can actually contribute and get some consistency into the team, go.

Also, cut Brown and get Rugland, Kickalicious guy, in. Was actually impressed with him for Lions preseason, and losing out to Akers is no bad thing, really.

FS, you'd find a kicker on the street somewhere in NY that could have made the 38 yarder he missed against Carolina.

Also, cut Brown and get Rugland, Kickalicious guy, in. Was actually impressed with him for Lions preseason, and losing out to Akers is no bad thing, really.

FS, you'd find a kicker on the street somewhere in NY that could have made the 38 yarder he missed against Carolina.

And he missed from about the same with the game at 7-10 Sunday.

Letting Bennett go was madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

The giants have just waived our second leading rusher, Del'ray Scott

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    The giants have just waived our second leading rusher, Del'ray Scott

No idea why he was getting so many snaps anyway. He's reasonably fast, and an average blocker, but shouldn't have been getting the ball as much as Wilson or Jacobs in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

problem is we signed another terrible centre in his place

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    problem is we signed another terrible centre in his place

Can't be any worse than Jim Cordle. I hear Snee is possibly going to need surgery & could be done for the year.

A revamped line of Beatty, Mosley, Boothe, Brewer, Pugh should be tested out to see where we stand

Isn't Will Hill's suspension up this week?

1ojcqsw.gif

In my fantasy football league with my friends I am 0-4. If that's not dedication to the G-Men, I don't know what is.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    In my fantasy football league with my friends I am 0-4. If that's not dedication to the G-Men, I don't know what is.

Its all cool, Antrel Rolle says you're gonna finish 12-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Keno wrote: »

Ha, snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Realistic expectations for the home game against the eagles on sunday???

Realistic expectations for the home game against the eagles on sunday???

We might win but only becuase the Ragles defense is terrible. Realistically they should beat us because their playing franctionally better than us. I think it'll be a really poor game with lots of mistakes. I think the team that can minimise the mistakes the most will win.

I hope for better OLine and DLine play. Let's start with the structures of this team. Eli is playing poorly at the minute but we need to protect him so he can play his way out of this blip. He has huge pressure on him at the minute but I think he might play a bit better on Sunday as I don't rate the Eagles defensively at all.

This team badly needs a win becuase going 2/3-14/13 will destroy a lot of players on this team. It's time to salvage the working parts of this ship and let's see who plays for the jersey.

I'm predicting a big day from Eli and Nicks. 300+ yards 2TD's no INTs! At the moment that would be absolutely remarkable but you have to believe that this team can do something otherwise becuase of our cap situation we could be in trouble for a few years. Also the pressure is huge on the coaches and players and they owe the fans a performance. Gilbride is moving closer to his last play call for the Giants so I hope he can open the play book and expand this offense and show that he can make the right call and cater to this team.

I fear for this team if they lose against the Eagles. I really do. I think Eli can get this team moving and hopefully Nicks can get back to form becuase at the minute he'll be driven out of the facility at the end of the season into free agency.

Oh good we are trading for another injury prone LB (& a guy who was beat out of a job by Chase Blackburn :mad:)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1797996-giants-reportedly-will-acquire-lb-jon-beason-from-panthers

Another one of these "if he recovers he'll be a great addition" like Curry & Rivers. We better not give up much

Oh good we are trading for another injury prone LB (& a guy who was beat out of a job by Chase Blackburn :mad:)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1797996-giants-reportedly-will-acquire-lb-jon-beason-from-panthers

Another one of these "if he recovers he'll be a great addition" like Curry & Rivers. We better not give up much

Well, we have to do something, and in fairness, he had a lot more about his game than those two ever did. LBs like Herzlich should be nowhere near an NFL roster really, never mind a starting berth.

Agree on the we better not give up much though, considering he's barely played in two seasons. In terms of salary, reading he signed a $50m contract right before he got injured in 2011. Hope we don't go out and put him on a big contract either, all things considered.

Hearing rumours it was a 5th round pick. I'm actually fairly happy with that if true.

We should be nowhere near the division lead after the 0-4 start but if (big if i grant you !) and as expected the Broncos put up their usual 40+ points then we will be only 1 game off the lead. Pretty sad indicment of the division tho in fairness

We should be nowhere near the division lead after the 0-4 start but if (big if i grant you !) and as expected the Broncos put up their usual 40+ points then we will be only 1 game off the lead. Pretty sad indicment of the division tho in fairness

Saw this elsewhere :D

599755_10101745443908469_1912819409_n.jpg

Well, we have to do something, and in fairness, he had a lot more about his game than those two ever did. LBs like Herzlich should be nowhere near an NFL roster really, never mind a starting berth.

Agree on the we better not give up much though, considering he's barely played in two seasons. In terms of salary, reading he signed a $50m contract right before he got injured in 2011. Hope we don't go out and put him on a big contract either, all things considered.

Agree on Herslich. Think everyone wanted him to succeed because of what he went through to make it but he is very poor against the run & an utter liability in coverage.

A 5th rounder for Beason seems a bit rich for me. Not sure how we can afford him short of him taking a massive pay cut. We had less than $1million cap space

• Advertisement

Cap room seems to be in the $60k mark, so relatively feck all.

Snee to go on IR and there's still 4 TEs on the roster, so one of them may get cut.

Diehl is fit to start Sunday, thanks be to Christ.

Cap room seems to be in the $60k mark

Diehl is fit to start Sunday, thanks be to Christ.

We still have to account for Will Hill being back at safety.

David Diehl our white knight!! (we're f**cked!!)

I know, who would have thought that we'd be so thankful to have him back.

Seem the intent is to start him right guard.

I'd want him in left, keep Brewer in as RG, Boothe at Center, and get Cordle out.

You were spot on about Cordle, HigginsJ, the guy doesn't seem to be cut out for it at all.

So we've traded for Beason who lost his place to Blackburn who we let go last year.

Riiiiiiight

Aaron Ross put on IR & an OL Reynolds waived.

Will Hill is back (thankfully) & we activated corner Charles James

My god we suck. I really thought we would win (a bit comfortably) today but no the sucking continues.

We can't seem to sack anyone on the field & no-one has been sacked off it, ridiculous.

& we have now taken two time-outs in the 1st 2& a half minutes of the 3rd quarter. Are you f**king joking me.

Couglhlin, Kilbride & Fewell need to be sacked in the morning & we need to draft Bridgewater & trade Eli to Jacksonville or the arena league or somewhere where I will never have to see his bemused face again :(

A I was saying go Gmen!! :D

Eli realises he is allowed to throw to the guys in blue shirts right? So we can't rush,can't pass and can't defend? Is that about the sum of it?

Eli realises he is allowed to throw to the guys in blue shirts right? So we can't rush,can't pass and can't defend? Is that about the sum of it?

At what point of the season do we put Nassib in to get a feel for what he can do. No matter how poor the NFC East is we are not recovering from 0-5. The Raiders game after the bye week be a good chance to play him

• Advertisement

I would have laughed in your face 6 weeks ago if you told me Giants would go 0-5.

Depressing.

Advertisement