Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭boccy23

wawaman wrote: »
    You have us going 5-3 after the bye. You must have failed to take the annual Cough-lapse into account !!!!! Seriously tho, i think we will be doing very well to go 10-6.

True. That has to change at some stage. Doesn't it?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think we will be doing well even at 9-7 and hopefully it will be enough to get us through.

Be shocked, and ecstatic, if we win first 4. Can see a loss in Manning Bowl, especially if Cruz isn't around. Hopefully though it will take Manning and Welker time to click. Doubt it though.

Very hard to predict these now anyway with so many uncertainties pre draft etc.

It's April and everyone is 0-0. It's time for hope and expectation and looking ahead with rose coloured glasses. 3 of the teams on the schedule will be far better than we think and 3 will be far worse. Guaranteed. Injuries, coaches, schedule etc. etc. will lead to the NFL being what it is. But guessing what way we enter the bye, how we'll perform in December and on and on is the best part of the schedule release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If he holds out I'd get rid of him. I think he's slightly over rating himself here

He wouldn't be the first slot receiver to think that, who'd have thought Welker would end up going to Denver for only $12 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Andre Brown has signed his 1 year deal.

Cruz offered close to $8 million a year with $15-18 million guaranteed. I can see tem gettin a deal done at the $9 million mark

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/cruz-brown-signs-blue-article-1.1325266

In the draft, I would like to Alec Ogletree but will his off the field issues lead TC away from him?

boccy23 wrote: »
    In the draft, I would like to Alec Ogletree but will his off the field issues lead TC away from him?

I don't think that would be a huge issue. Jerry Reese's disinterest in taking an LB in the 1st probably means he is unlikely.

I think it will be Carradine, Werner or Rhodes

I have a weird hunch that we may end up with Manti Te'o. Don't know what to make of it either.

That offer to Cruz mentioned above at $8m a year is already quite high. Not sure what I think about it if it goes any higher.

Knex. wrote: »
    I have a weird hunch that we may end up with Manti Te'o. Don't know what to make of it either.
    r.

I hope your wrong. Not enamoured with Te'o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I have a feeling about Te'o too. I've a feeling Reese may run up and take him. Then again apparently Reese doesn't care much for LB's. wouldn't like Te'o myself. Bust written all over him IMO

Yeah, honestly don't know what to make of him. Add to that the ridiculous off field stuff and I'd be thinking like yourselves and hoping we stay away.

Any estimate as to what time tonight the Giants will be making their pick?

The Cruz debacle is getting tedious now. 8m a year is a great deal. Think of what we'll have to give Nicks next.
    HigginsJ wrote: »
    I don't think that would be a huge issue. Jerry Reese's disinterest in taking an LB in the 1st probably means he is unlikely.

Whenever Carradine does anything great, we can all type in caps "TAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK".

I have a feeling about Te'o too. I've a feeling Reese may run up and take him. Then again apparently Reese doesn't care much for LB's. wouldn't like Te'o myself. Bust written all over him IMO

I hope Reese sticks to his habit of not drafting LB's highly.

We def won't take QB, RB, WR, TE in the 1st 2 round.

I really can't see us going S or LB (def not in the 1st)

Our biggest holes are o-line, d-line and corner. I think there will be enough talent at those 2 positions to fill our boots in the 1st & 2nd.

All that being said I would not have thought that we would have gone RB & WR last year although Randle was surely BPA at that point on our board

HigginsJ wrote: »

He seems to hate spending high picks on LBs alright. Same way as Ernie never drafted OL high.

I like Werner but not gone on any of the CBs available.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    The Cruz debacle is getting tedious now. 8m a year is a great deal. Think of what we'll have to give Nicks next.

Whenever Carradine does anything great, we can all type in caps "TAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK".

If Nicks stays healthy this year he will be looking at Larry Fitz/Megatron money.

If we draft Te'o and he is crap we can all pretend it just never happened :P

boccy23 wrote: »
    He seems to hate spending high picks on LBs alright. Same way as Ernie never drafted OL high.

I like Werner but not gone on any of the CBs available.

I only like Rhodes. Not a fan of a few of the other corners. We could get Logan Ryan or David Amerson (possibly convert to safety) in the 3rd

So Justin Pugh what do ye think??

I know Reese gets benefit of the doubt but I'm not enamoured by it. We needed D help

Terrible pick IMO. A big reach for a New York guy. Not thrilled by it at all. Mayock obviously knew that Reese was taking him. Most teams had a late second round grade on him.

From what I can read his big weakness is his arm length but he's versatile.

Worst case scenario - He does nothing for us, but we can call him T-Rex and he can team up with Hynocerous.

• Advertisement

I really hope we go D from here on out. We need help at all 3 levels.

Also Matt McCants, Brandon Mosley and James Brewer must be unhappy chappies. I'm sure they were all eyeing up a shot at Diehl's LT spot. They better bloody well start Pugh now after skipping such good D talent.

4 good LB's going into the 2nd round. Te'o, Minter, Greene & Brown. If Minter was on the board he'd be a great pick up.

Kazan Short, Damontre Moore and Alex Okafor be the best of the pass rushers likely to reach us. I'd be surprised if Carradine is still there. I'd love Okafor from that bunch.

As for secondary I'd pass in the 2nd round (unless Cyprien fell) and look at Alford, Amerson or Mathieu in the 3rd.

Yeah, Carradine will be gone come our pick. I'm hoping for Brown in round two but would welcome Te'o (I think round two, pick 19 is a good deal considering his off the field antics.) and McCants.

Damontre Moore & Jonathan Hankins :D Great stuff Jerry :D Never doubted you ;)

Khaseem Greene is a local kid I wonder if the Giants are looking at him. I think he represents good value in the 4th round but I don't think he'll fall that far.

Khaseem Greene is a local kid I wonder if the Giants are looking at him. I think he represents good value in the 4th round but I don't think he'll fall that far.

He'd be great value at that point. Would love it.

If (big if) Barkley/Nassib are on the board when we are picking in the 4th would it be worth wasting a pick just to see. Eli is bomb proof with injuries but you never know. If he missed a game or two and one of those guys came in and did well you could easily flip if for a higher pick.

Lots of running backs on the board and actually we could prob do with one for some depth. If Gillislee/Lattimore made our 5th rounder that would be nice.

Yeah I see that being mentioned the only thing is that it could become a circus becuase Barkley is quite a big name so anytime Eli goes and has a poor day the NY Post is calling for Barkley to be put in there.

I wouldn't mind getting him and sitting him under Eli. Eli has a few years left in him yet so it's unlikely that he'd start here in the next 5/6 years. He could be worth something especially if he gets a few games in the Big Apple.

Trading up 6 spots to get Nassib was interesting (particularly with Greene on the board) Might have proper long term back-up to Eli. Be interesting to see if he can beat out Carr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Dropped 2 picks to the cardinals to get nassib. No look ins this year for Carr or Curtis painter!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1607402-cooper-taylor-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-richmond-safety

Suffers from Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome which is fast heart beat. Missed time because of it and transferred out of Georgia Tech

• Advertisement

Spot on Higgins with Nassib. Weird pick for me. Eli doesn't go down much maybe we are looking at future trade value here which is a bit strange tbh. I'd rather we took Greene and kept our 6th.

Reese must really like Nassib to move up for him

Advertisement