Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

And in Reeses press conference he said that he hopes nassib never takes a snap for the giants. When you look at it as a stand alone pick it makes sense. If god forbid eil gets injured, then nassib gives a better option than Carr, and if he impresses there or in training then the giants might get a high pick (2nd round) in a trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Spot on Higgins with Nassib. Weird pick for me. Eli doesn't go down much maybe we are looking at future trade value here which is a bit strange tbh. I'd rather we took Greene and kept our 6th.

Reese must really like Nassib to move up for him

Yea I'd rather have had Greene n our 6th as well. It is all about a future trade with him. He is great value at this point of the draft and you never know when someone will need a QB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Giants have signed 5 UDFAs.

Mount Union LB Charles Dieuseul

Charleston Southern DB Charles James

LSU TE Chase Clement

Ohio State LB Etienne Sabino

Virginia Tech S Alonzo Tweedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bit of a laugh to break up the day :D

Honest to god i doubt there is more awkward, less athletic looking person in professional sports than Eli.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Honest to god i doubt there is more awkward, less athletic looking person in professional sports than Eli.

Definitely. He looks more like a software developer than an athlete :D

Eli is definitely the most awkward elite sportsperson out there. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. I bloody love the guy!
    @TomRock_Newsday
    I told Eli that Ryan Nassib thinks he's a durable quarterback. He looked puzzled. "He said I'm adorable?"

Just look at that. What a hero.

Here is a vid of Nassib I was just watching.

• Advertisement

I didn't see alot in our UDFA's this year so far but we have just picked up Marcus Davis - WR - Virginia Tech

He is an absolute beast at 6ft 3, 230lbs & runs a 4.4 40. He didn't have a great year (not many Hokie's did) but still caught 51 passes for 973 yards (a ridiculous 19 yards per reception) and 5 td's.

He really has all the ability in the world and really hope he makes the roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Is our OLine locked in now with Pugh? It was obviously a big need and apparently the guy got a lot of flack for having small arms but this guy apparently has great ability and allowed half a sack and no hurries. Beatty - Boothe - Baas - Snee - Pugh.

Really like the Moore pick and if he can adjust to being a pro and discipline himself he can be great in the league. This guy is quick and we needed to upgrade our pass rush with the loss of Osi and the decline of Tuck. Hankins is interesting because this guy has issues with finishing games. No matter what people say we needed this guy when we have to face RGIII twice we need to be able to stop the run. The problem is when we face the no huddle this guy could get destroyed. He also has issues keeping himself in the game.

I think everybody's problem in the draft from a Giants perspective is the lack of depth or talent at LB. We still have big issues there and we need to hope that Williams Connor and Rivers can stay fit and healthy. As usual Kiwi will come back as a LB when Rivers goes down again. Next year if we have a similar season we could be looking to be drafting from near the same spot and we could need a guard next year, a WR depending on Cruz and Nicks, a LB, CB, S etc. We could have a lot of needs if guys continue to decline in the same manner but I think the help on the OLine and DLine will kick a few guys on.

Also I'm a big Stevie Brown fan as some of you guys may know but I hope to god he improves his positioning this year. Looking back at some games he was really caught out a lot. I know KP was injured but we will miss him. Despite what everybody has said bout him the numbers don't lie when KP was on the field. It's a pity about his bad luck with injuries.

Is our OLine locked in now with Pugh? It was obviously a big need and apparently the guy got a lot of flack for having small arms but this guy apparently has great ability and allowed half a sack and no hurries. Beatty - Boothe - Baas - Snee - Pugh.

Really like the Moore pick and if he can adjust to being a pro and discipline himself he can be great in the league. This guy is quick and we needed to upgrade our pass rush with the loss of Osi and the decline of Tuck. Hankins is interesting because this guy has issues with finishing games. No matter what people say we needed this guy when we have to face RGIII twice we need to be able to stop the run. The problem is when we face the no huddle this guy could get destroyed. He also has issues keeping himself in the game.

I think everybody's problem in the draft from a Giants perspective is the lack of depth or talent at LB. We still have big issues there and we need to hope that Williams Connor and Rivers can stay fit and healthy. As usual Kiwi will come back as a LB when Rivers goes down again. Next year if we have a similar season we could be looking to be drafting from near the same spot and we could need a guard next year, a WR depending on Cruz and Nicks, a LB, CB, S etc. We could have a lot of needs if guys continue to decline in the same manner but I think the help on the OLine and DLine will kick a few guys on.

Also I'm a big Stevie Brown fan as some of you guys may know but I hope to god he improves his positioning this year. Looking back at some games he was really caught out a lot. I know KP was injured but we will miss him. Despite what everybody has said bout him the numbers don't lie when KP was on the field. It's a pity about his bad luck with injuries.

We have alot of picks invested in our o-line in the last few drafts (Pugh, Mosley, McCants, Brewer) so they need to be promoted. No need to be investing draft picks in the line in the next year or 2. Beatty going no where for a long time and if Boothe can stay healthy he has a good few years in front of him as not 30 until July

Moore is still only 20. Not 21 until September. Also have Tracey & Ojowo to involve this year so our pass rush should be getting back to its best (especially with our DT strength) meaning Tuck & JPP will be used solely at DE. Yes Hankins has had problems seeing out games in college but he can be brought along slowly. Joseph (who will get proper recognition this year) & Cullen Jenkins to start. Big Hank, Austin, Kuhn, Patterson, Rogers will all get oppurtunity (although Rogers may struggle to make roster with the talent there)

Our secondary is in flux. On paper the talent is there so it's about getting guys fit. Think Will Hill could be impact player this year. KP is def a loss but god you had to move on with that injury record.

Should be ok at WR. One of (or ideally both) Nicks/Cruz, with Randle, Murphy, Jerrnigan and the potentially exciting Davis we look well stocked.

As for LB. No idea. Doubt the UDFA from Ohio State will be doing much. Williams n Dan Connor should be solid players but no way does Rivers play more than about 8 games and as you say then Kiwi is back in. The only other back-ups are Herslich and Paysinger (who is really only a special teams player) Karlos Dansby would be well worth adding

Here is a nice article on Davis.

From what I have been reading up on him, he is basically like JPP on the flanks catching balls. (i.e an absolute monster physically.) Watching him take those long strides down the field is staggering. He just needs to sort out his mentality and work rates.

Boley was arrested on child abuse charges days after we cut him :mad:

Boley was arrested on child abuse charges days after we cut him :mad:

Didn't he fall out of favour with TC this season? I wonder if we knew and wanted to keep it under wraps until the end of the season.

Jesus, that's shocking.

Apparently he turned himself in. Source here.
    Three days after he was cut by the Giants, linebacker Michael Boley reportedly turned himself into police in Alabama and was booked on charges of child abuse.
    According to a report early Thursday morning on TMZ.com, Boley, the former Giants linebacker was "secretly arrested" on Feb. 8 in Etowah County, Ala., where he pled guilty to child abuse as part of a plea agreement. He was then entered into a pre-trial diversion program, the report said, after which the charges would be dropped.
    The details of the incident that led to Boley's arrest were not immediately clear, and his attorney, Randall Kessler, declined comment. A Giants spokesman also had no comment, though one team source insisted the decision to cut the 30-year-old linebacker on Feb. 5 was not related to his impending arrest.

Boley has been accused of child abuse before -- in 2011 when abuse was alleged by the mother of his then 5-year-old son. He was accused of "the repeated willful abuse of a child under 18 from May 30 to June 5" of that year and was investigated by police in Gadsden, Ala., who then handed the case to the district attorney.
    It is not immediately clear if this latest arrest is related to those allegations. Kessler did not respond to an email asking that specific question.
    Back in 2011, though, Kessler told the Daily News those allegations stemmed from a fight over child support payments. Kessler said the mother of Boley's sons had sued him in an attempt to get "five times the child support" she was getting. He also said that the woman never brought up allegations of child abuse during the child support trial.

After those allegations surfaced, though, another woman who had a child with Boley reportedly filed court papers in Georgia asking a judge to require him to be supervised when he visited with their then-2-year-old son.
    The Giants knew of Boley's troubled past when they signed him to a $25 million contract in 2009. One year earlier, in May 2008, Boley had been arrested on domestic violence charges in Gwinnett County, Ga., for allegedly beating his wife, Chantelle. The prosecutor eventually declined to pursue the case, but Boley was still suspended for the first game of 2009 – his first as a Giant – for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.
    Boley is currently a free agent. There had been recent rumblings that the Giants might re-sign him, but if that was ever really a possibility it seems very unlikely now.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/334427081616265217

Well this is disappointing. Really excited to see what Davis could do.

Davis was waived to create space for Jeremy Horne. He is a KR/PR guy. Was with Chiefs for 2 years after going undrafted. Home town boy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Horne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Word on the rumour mill is that Cruz is lowering his salary demand and both sides are very close to completing the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

hopefully soon but i just hope we don't overpay for him as we will need to lock up Nicks and JPP

7-8 mil a yr over 5 yrs with last 1 voidable would be grand

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york//post/_/id/1534/eagles-waive-miguel-maysonet

This is a player I was really interested in at the draft. Odd that he was the highest paid UDFA & was released because he doesn't suit Kelly. He reminds me of the Seahawks pick from last year Robert Turbin.

Would love to see us pick him up as a power back-up to Andre Brown

Hynosaurus carted off during the first OTA.

FUCK.

So Ramses Barden is on his way back.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/barden-close-re-upping-giants-article-1.1352143?localLinksEnabled=false

Cruz still not signed & now Nicks is not happy with how his contract negotiations & will skip OTA's.

Wonder how Eli will fair with Randle, Barden, Murphy & Jernigan at WR?

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Wonder how Eli will fair with Randle, Barden, Murphy & Jernigan at WR?

I don't want to find out. Nicks needs a good kick up the arse. Why do this now? He has a big pay day coming up and he just wants it sooner. He's probably conscious of his injury record and wants money now in the event of a bad injury. Perform well until then and get your money.

Bit of a balls of a scenario. Personally, I expect a big year from Nicks this time round, injury permitting, and its a bit of a joke from him to be kicking up a fuss now. As Keano said, perform next season, then you get your money.

When is the mandatory mini camp does anyone know? Wonder will we get Cruz sorted by then. Can't see them giving a new contract this season to both him and Nicks though.

Edit: Did a bit of digging date wise.

OTA Offseason Workouts: May 22-23, May 29-31, June 3-7
    Mandatory Minicamp: June 11-13
    (From SBnation)

Almost three weeks to try and sort it out.

Nicks wasn't going to participate in some of the OTA's anyway. Nicks probably won't get his deal done until A) Cruz makes a decision on his contract and B) We're about half way through the season. The Giants aren't going to hand Nicks a new deal now when they don't need to and plus his injury record isn't great. If he makes it to the mid-point in the season productive and injury free then the agents can start talking. Nicks has zero leverage at the minute.

I don't think he's missing due to contract related issues anyway. It makes no sense for either side at the minute.

Nooooooooooooo :(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000208908/article/new-york-giants-jason-pierrepaul-has-back-surgery

JPP gone for back surgery. Out for 12 weeks, possibly miss 1st game of the season. Big chance for Damontre Moore to impress

That is a load of sh1t whats more annoying is that we had 5 months to get this done. He's had this issue since college and now were going to rush him back becuase Tuck is going to suck again.

• Advertisement

Typical Giants really. Let the injuries begin...

Back surgeries are horrible for players. He's nearly guaranteed future injury problems now.

Adios pass rush.

Advertisement