Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Mike Pope has been impressed with Adrien Robinson in OTAs. Let's hope for a big 2nd year from the "JPP of TEs".

Also I hope this shite with Nicks and Cruz ends soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Typical Giants really. Let the injuries begin...

Back surgeries are horrible for players. He's nearly guaranteed future injury problems now.

Welcome to the world of being a Pats fan. Fecking cursed we are. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210363/article/chad-jones-exny-giant-drafted-by-cincinnati-reds

Hope it goes well for Jones. What a shame he never recovered enough to see what he could do on a football field

Hakeem Nicks is in mini-camp :D

Victor Cruz sitting out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone here have any experience of going to a Giants game?

In New York after Christmas and looking at going to the game against Washington (Last game of the season)

Anyone know if tickets are available and if so where is the best place to get them? The NFL ticket system seems strange to me.

Finally, will I have to pay crazy money do you think? I dont mind sitting in row Z.

Id really appreciate any help. Thanks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ernie Accorsi's Scouting Report: Eli Manning

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket.

Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic…Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Looks like the Patriots have done well getting Ballard now.

Bastards...

Looks like the Patriots have done well getting Ballard now.

Bastards...

Just to give you an update on Ballard. 16 months after surgery, he was still visibly hobbling at times with the knee, during OTA's and mini-camp. So I find that pretty worrying, because he's had more than enough time to get to 100%. I'm just hoping it's a psychological thing and he's subconsciously protecting it, but I'm not to sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Morrison J wrote: »
    Anyone here have any experience of going to a Giants game?

In New York after Christmas and looking at going to the game against Washington (Last game of the season)

Anyone know if tickets are available and if so where is the best place to get them? The NFL ticket system seems strange to me.

Finally, will I have to pay crazy money do you think? I dont mind sitting in row Z.

Id really appreciate any help. Thanks.

I've only ever gone to a pre-season game where I got tickets from someone who couldn't go and I went to the Wembley game. I think you have to be a US resident to get on the ticket exchange. As the Giants have about a 10 year waiting list for season tickets (IIRC), your best bet is sites like StubHub.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

JJ wrote: »
    I've only ever gone to a pre-season game where I got tickets from someone who couldn't go and I went to the Wembley game. I think you have to be a US resident to get on the ticket exchange. As the Giants have about a 10 year waiting list for season tickets (IIRC), your best bet is sites like StubHub.

I looked into the possibility of going to a Giants game last December (turned out the week i went they were away at Washington). The only place i could find tickets was on Stubhub but they were waaaaaaay up in the nosebleeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Mr Morrison said he wouldn't mind nosebleeds. I had a look at StubHub for the Washington game this year and nosebleeds are at about $150 a ticket. Prices could come down closer to the time but I wouldn't count on it too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Really appreciate the help lads. Wasn't even aware of StubHub! Massive help, thanks.

Giants extend WR Victor Cruz (5 years, $43M; $15.6M guaranteed):

This is not bad at all tbh. $8 million a year is a good price for a guy with 2 1,000 yard seasons behind him & it avoids any potential hold out. Happy days :)

That's a very good piece of business for a damn fine player.

That's a very good piece of business for a damn fine player.

Yea less than Harvin, Jennings & Wallace this summer so very good business, also he does not come across as someone who will slack off now he has the money (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

As good a deal as the Giants could have hoped for really. Delighted its done with.

He still gets the 2m + this year for the tender and the deal kicks in next year, right? If so, makes the deal that bit better in Giant's favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

We'll need Eli to restructure to keep JPP and Nicks

• Advertisement

The deal is technically a contract extension. He gets $2.879M this year, then a 5-year, $43M extension kicks in next year. So it's really a 6-year, $45.879M deal. That's an annual average of $7.6M! That is bloody great business on it's own but then you add that he is not in the top 10 paid WRs. He's nearly a whole $2m a year off.
    1.Lions WR Calvin Johnson … $18,812,500

2.Cards WR Larry Fitzgerald … $15,750,000

3.Dolphins WR Mike Wallace … $12,000,000

4.Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe … $11,200,000

5.Seahawks WR Percy Harvin … $11,166,667

6.Bucs WR Vincent Jackson … $11,111,111

7.Bears WR Devin Hester … $10,243,750

8.Texans WR Andre Johnson … $9,685,714

9.Panthers WR Steve Smith … $9,437,500

10.Eagles WR DeSean Jackson … $9,400,000

The deal is technically a contract extension. He gets $2.879M this year, then a 5-year, $43M extension kicks in next year. So it's really a 6-year, $45.879M deal. That's an annual average of $7.6M! That is bloody great business on it's own but then you add that he is not in the top 10 paid WRs. He's nearly a whole $2m a year off.

I'm guessing that should be Brandon Marshall not Devin Hester yea

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'm guessing that should be Brandon Marshall not Devin Hester yea

Yeah, I'd assume so!

September 8th is still ages away. :(

Knex. wrote: »
    September 8th is still ages away. :(

I know! We have pre season too though. That is earlier.

The NFL break is waaaaaaay too long. Ending in February and in like December if your team is crap, and then back in September. They need to sort it out. Feck players injuries and strain over the season. I want my football!

I know! We have pre season too though. That is earlier.

The NFL break is waaaaaaay too long. Ending in February and in like December if your team is crap, and then back in September. They need to sort it out. Feck players injuries and strain over the season. I want my football!

I watched this last night after your post just to stave off the withdrawal symptoms.

I'm going through a load of clips, highlights, games, top 10's. Trying to get my fix.

Glorious.

How confident are people here in Brown and Wilson's ability to block next season?

Watching the Super Bowl video above and Jacobs and Bradshaw were really excellent at it. Even a few chip blocks from Jacobs that had the commentators saying some of his blocks are the equivalent of "assault and battery" :D

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    How confident are people here in Brown and Wilson's ability to block next season?

Watching the Super Bowl video above and Jacobs and Bradshaw were really excellent at it. Even a few chip blocks from Jacobs that had the commentators saying some of his blocks are the equivalent of "assault and battery" :D

Brown should be fine. Wilson in big unknown. It was his big issue last year. The RB coach says he has good understanding of the offense now. If he is a hard worker on the little things then the sky is the limit for him

Advertisement