Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Oh good another Eli INT

He's been sh1te for 2 years straight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Yea he has been getting a very soft ride because of the superbowl win. 0-3 now with the Chiefs up next 0-4 start :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is painful. Where on earth can we even go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

This is truly shocking

Also, not sure if its known, but Couglin's brother died in an accident after the Bronco game last Sunday.

There's no way he's getting the sack after this game in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I want Kevin Gilbride gone first. I am fearful if there is a mass clear out it could end in disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Keno wrote: »
    I want Kevin Gilbride gone first. I am fearful if there is a mass clear out it could end in disaster.

What's a disaster tho? This year is a right off after 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

wawaman wrote: »
    What's a disaster tho? This year is a right off after 3 games

The franchise not recovering for years. This is a very delicate period we are in. I feel too much change too quickly could do more harm than good.

38-zip to a Panthers team who aren't that good. Embarrassing times. Gilbride needs to go. The whole team is a shambles. Also JPP isn't healthy if he wants a monster contract he's gotta earn it. He's had one good season. He should stop running his mouth if he isn't gonna produce on the field.

Coughlin and Reese should also be sacked.

Also re stability. We need a massive overhaul. Bar 6 games in the past 4 years we've been a relatively poor team in the regular season. It's time to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I dunno what to say.. Shock and disbelief are my main feelings.
    Ok so we're not world beaters but theres no way we should be losing to
    an average panthers team by that much.

Something has to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

well that went well

somebody needs to lose their job after that pathetic effort

it's one thing to not be good enough

it's another to quit 3 games into season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Christ lads i thoufht we were bad im actually looking forward to playing you boys now:D

Was Nicks playing tonight???

Was Nicks playing tonight???

Didn't see him once, not that Manning actually was able to throw the ball tonight.

Had been a lot of talk about him going back home and getting 20 tickets for friends and family for tonights game.

Had done the same last year only to be ruled out by injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Is a Chiefs' win a guarantee?

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Is a Chiefs' win a guarantee?

For the Chiefs?? Yea

Nicks having a Giselle moment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000249515/article/hakeem-nicks-i-cant-throw-it-to-myself-on-giants

He probably couldn't do any worse that Eli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Nicks having a Giselle moment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000249515/article/hakeem-nicks-i-cant-throw-it-to-myself-on-giants

He probably couldn't do any worse that Eli
    Can he play LT, RT, both guard positions and Center too? Otherwise he should stfu bitching about the franchises best ever QB.
    On another note, its a disgrace that 18 months off a Super Bowl, you guys are this bad. A few people need to lose their job IMO.

davyjose wrote: »
    Can he play LT, RT, both guard positions and Center too? Otherwise he should stfu bitching about the franchises best ever QB.
    On another note, its a disgrace that 18 months off a Super Bowl, you guys are this bad. A few people need to lose their job IMO.

Yea we have a few people in mind alright. Our drafting in the past few years has been awful, plus a shocking lack of interest in drafting any LB's

We have a few elder players on big contracts who are not producing anything (Baas, Snee, Tuck) & because of their contracts we have had to let go good players like Martellus Bennett & Ahmad Bradshaw

Eli may be the best QB in franchise history but he has been pretty sub-standard last year & again to start this year.

We have a few players who should be the corner-stone of the franchise in LT Will Beatty, Cruz, Nicks, JPP & Amukamara but Nicks is injury prone & JPP/Amukamara have not progressed at all for a number of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, not sure if its known, but Couglin's brother died in an accident after the Bronco game last Sunday.

There's no way he's getting the sack after this game in my eyes.

Man that's tough, I didn't know his brother died :(.

Eli needs protection and the O line is a disaster, seven sacks in a game sums it up. Nobody is stopping the pass rush and having no running game is not helping matters at all. Could never understand why Bradshaw was let go in the first place.

You guys are having a tough time right now, but keep the faith. Coughlin is a great coach and as a Pats fan I have tremendous respect for him. Nobody could fill his shoes imo.

Man that's tough, I didn't know his brother died :(.

Eli needs protection and the O line is a disaster, seven sacks in a game sums it up. Nobody is stopping the pass rush and having no running game is not helping matters at all. Could never understand why Bradshaw was let go in the first place.

You guys are having a tough time right now, but keep the faith. Coughlin is a great coach and as a Pats fan I have tremendous respect for him. Nobody could fill his shoes imo.

Coughlin's biggest weakness IMO is that he simply doesn't trust young players. He is a good coach but no playoffs this year & his time is up (along with Gilbride & Fewell, with Reese on a short leash)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Coughlin's biggest weakness IMO is that he simply doesn't trust young players. He is a good coach but no playoffs this year & his time is up (along with Gilbride & Fewell, with Reese on a short leash)

You're better qualified to make that call about Coughlin than I'll ever be. But here's a thought, the last time Tom was on the verge of being sacked, he went on to win a Superbowl.

You're better qualified to make that call about Coughlin than I'll ever be. But here's a thought, the last time Tom was on the verge of being sacked, he went on to win a Superbowl.

It sounds odd but that Superbowl win is the only reason Coughlin & his head coaches haven't gotten the boot. We went on a ridiculous run for 6 weeks where everything clicked.

That season though the signs had been there before the playoffs, Eli had to throw an NFL record 15 4th quarter TD's & lead 6 4th quarter game winning drives, things like that arent sustainable. We had the worst rushing attacking the regular season. Tuck had only 5 regular season sacks, we signed Chase Blackburn out of the classroom to be our starting ILB.

That 6 game stretch was an anomaly for what has basically .500 team for the past 3 years. We had pretty high expectations this year but we will probably be lucky to get to 8-8 this year

Reese has got to be close to the end too. I think its time for a few fresh faces. Although I don't think that sacking them all at once is the right option. It's hard to believe that were this poor.

If I'm John Mara I'm showing Reese the door with our salary cap situation in 2014. Too many poor players on huge money.

Also Eli Manning has been poor for 18 months now. Yeah the OLine is crap but Eli should do much better.

Reese has got to be close to the end too. I think its time for a few fresh faces. Although I don't think that sacking them all at once is the right option. It's hard to believe that were this poor.

If I'm John Mara I'm showing Reese the door with our salary cap situation in 2014. Too many poor players on huge money.

Also Eli Manning has been poor for 18 months now. Yeah the OLine is crap but Eli should do much better.

I think Reese sticks around & gets one more draft. The big question is who replaces Coughlin if he is indeed sacked at some point.

Lovie Smith, Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer would be high on the list I'd imagine. In the unlikely event of getting someone from the college ranks David Shaw & Les Miles might be worth a shot.

Coughlin is the guy I'd want out the door last tbh, and I can't really see him being fired this season.

Put Kilbride, Reese and Fewell ahead of him.

Wasn't there talks of Bill Cowher and Giants before though?

Pugh, Beatty and Snee were terrible yesterday. The only one who seemed to bother doing his job was Boothe and Baas seemed to do okay.

We are pure crap, but very well paid crap. We could be selecting Jadeveon Clowney if this continues. If we go 0-4 then we will be in serious difficulty. The only game right now I can see us winning is against the Raiders :(

Knex. wrote: »
    Coughlin is the guy I'd want out the door last tbh, and I can't really see him being fired this season.

Put Kilbride, Reese and Fewell ahead of him.

Wasn't there talks of Bill Cowher and Giants before though?

Surprised to see he is only 56. The only knock would be having not coached for over 6 years. Jon Gruden is another out of football for a few years who would probably be considered.

• Advertisement

We haven't even reached coughlapse stage yet too...

Spend all post season waiting for season to kick off, and now I can't help but put it down as a write off.

Advertisement