Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Pugh, Beatty and Snee were terrible yesterday. The only one who seemed to bother doing his job was Boothe and Baas seemed to do okay.

We are pure crap, but very well paid crap. We could be selecting Jadeveon Clowney if this continues. If we go 0-4 then we will be in serious difficulty. The only game right now I can see us winning is against the Raiders :(

Baas was awful as well & is the biggest waste of money in the franchise. Will Beatty gets a pass for his poor game but Snee has not been good for a while now (pro-bowler last year :rolleyes: )

Boothe is an excellent player who is undervalued & is another we could end up losing because of poor cap management

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anything to be said for Jim Cordle? Be shocked if it happened under Couglin, especially now with backs to the wall, but that OL needs something different, that's for sure.

Mosley too actually.

Knex. wrote: »
    Anything to be said for Jim Cordle? Be shocked if it happened under Couglin, especially now with backs to the wall, but that OL needs something different, that's for sure.

Mosley too actually.

Absolutely not on Cordle. Beatty, Brewer, Boothe, Snee, Pugh should be the line. Mosley will need to be given a shot at some point to see what we have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

We haven't even reached coughlapse stage yet too...

Spend all post season waiting for season to kick off, and now I can't help but put it down as a write off.

We are doing the coughlapse in reverse this year. After the bye week we are gonna go on an unbeaten streak !!

wawaman wrote: »
    We are doing the coughlapse in reverse this year. After the bye week we are gonna go on an unbeaten streak !!

Couldnt agree with you more (now that streak may be just one game against the Raiders but still!!)

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Couldnt agree with you more (now that streak may be just one game against the Raiders but still!!)

Pryor has rushed for more yards than our entire team, and hes only played two games :mad:

Saw earlier that something like 26 players have, for that matter.
    Sure AP probably has over 3 times our yardage from his first snap alone.

Pryor has rushed for more yards than our entire team, and hes only played two games :mad:

Saw earlier that something like 26 players have, for that matter.
    Sure AP probably has over 3 times our yardage from his first snap alone.

Eli was our leading rusher at half time last week with 14 yards, in fact he entered the season as the leading rusher on the team (obviously adding Jacobs changed that) but tink he still has more yards than Wilson

Hynosaurus put on IR for the year :( Signed the Terminator as his replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Jesus lads, it's all gone a bit Woodchoppery in here lately ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hynosaurus put on IR for the year :(

Noooooooo
    Signed the Terminator as his replacement

I like this.

Chance that Diehl might be back for the game today. Would be a longshot, but with our current state I wouldn't be too surprised to see Coughlin get him out there.

Pretty worried for todays game, tbh. Their pass rush is scary and we just got butchered in that department last week.

Hopefully we can rack up some rushing yards though. Get Wilson the ball early and see what we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Holes all over this team and yet we're capped out. Bye bye Reese

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Holes all over this team and yet we're capped out. Bye bye Reese

I'd say they could change a few coaches with him.

Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Owen
    Owen who?
    Owen four :(

Jesus this is terrible stuff

Team is a depressing mess right now. No idea where we go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The season is done. It's not just the play calling, it's the execution and ability of some of the team. It's gone too bad at this stage for someone not to be fired.

We look badly coached, what with all the turnovers and mistakes/penalties we give up. Didn't think I'd ever say that about a TC Giants team.

• Advertisement

Coughlin: "Our playcalling is like throwing darts at a board."

^
    That name change is a sign of just how bad we are this year :(

God the NFC East is truly awful this year. If we beat Philly next week & the Cowgirls lose (Broncos looking awesome) we are only 1 game out of division lead. Remember when everyone laughed at the NFC West a couple of years back, now the East is the joke

God the NFC East is truly awful this year. If we beat Philly next week & the Cowgirls lose (Broncos looking awesome) we are only 1 game out of division lead. Remember when everyone laughed at the NFC West a couple of years back, now the East is the joke

To be 1-4 and only a game off the playoff place is ridiculous alright.

Honestly have no idea what to expect against the Eagles. They've been a bit of an enigma in recent years, and seem even more so this year.

Add our terrible form to the mix and anything could be on the cards.

To be 1-4 and only a game off the playoff place is ridiculous alright.

Honestly have no idea what to expect against the Eagles. They've been a bit of an enigma in recent years, and seem even more so this year.

Add our terrible form to the mix and anything could be on the cards.

They have the worst defense in the league. If our O is ever going to get going it has to be against the Eagles

I wonder if Josh Brown will be handed his p45 today.

Hakeem Nicks is throwing away the most important season of his career. He needs to pick up quickly or Giants may let him walk next year.

What's up with JPP??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭boccy23

Tough year to be a Giants fan so far. I've suffered through since 1984 and at this stage, this is the most frustrating a squad as I have seen.

I have no issues with TC and think that he should stay. I lay a lot of the blame at the hands or feet of Gilbride and Fewell. The talent level is not awful (LBs apart) but the play has been. The play calling has been atrociuos and there seems to be no commitment to any consistent offensive plan.

Yesterday it looked like Eli was finally starting to become totally disengaged. We hadn't the volume in his helmet turned up ffs. I agree that Nicks is a problem. This cannot be fixed by anyone else except him though.

I have looked at this and at 0-4, it's a disaster. But realistically, Cowgirls and Broncos were what you would expect. Loss to Carolina was awful and cannot be tolerated. And the Chiefs at Arrowhead is always a difficult place to win. I expected 2-2 at this point, but 1-3 would not have been a disaster.

Now we have the Igels two times, @ Chicago (tough) and Minnesota plus Oakland after the bye. Hell I know the season is over, but lets try and not be a laughing stock for the rest of the year.

I'd love to see Eli with a new offensive coordinator for a start. Killdrive has always had a question mark around him, and I don't see him surviving this debacle.

He's too aggressive a play caller for someone like Eli,who is already a little hot on his passes at times, and I've little confidence in his ability to change things up. Broncos game highlighted that massively.

Offensive Line, in fairness, need to get their starters out their regularly before they've any hope of showing some consistency.

Fewel's job is surely on the line too, although for the first half of last night, and even the Bronco's game, I thought the D was actually decent. Falls apart after a while, but when the offense is constantly going 3 and out and they have to face that high volume of snaps, its probably to be expected.

Tl;dr: Gilbride first to go.

Tl;dr: Gilbride first to go.

This change needs to be made asap

One thing I will say about Fewell is that in fairness we have no LB'ers. kP has been a huge loss over the past 2 seasons. Tuck's play has fallen dramatically and JPP has been poor and injured. Although poor in coverage our one ball hawk in the back field is gone in Stevie Brown.

Reese has to go too. I mean we restructured Snee again. What short-sightedness from Reese. Also rumours that we're preparing to tie JPP down to a monster deal is hopefully a joke. The man had a great 2011 season but he hasn't earned a monster deal.

I'm sorry but to go from winning a SB to this is unacceptable. I'd get rid of Coughlin, Gilbride and Reese now.

• Advertisement

Red Crow wrote: »
    One thing I will say about Fewell is that in fairness we have no LB'ers. kP has been a huge loss over the past 2 seasons. Tuck's play has fallen dramatically and JPP has been poor and injured. Although poor in coverage our one ball hawk in the back field is gone in Stevie Brown.

Reese has to go too. I mean we restructured Snee again. What short-sightedness from Reese. Also rumours that we're preparing to tie JPP down to a monster deal is hopefully a joke. The man had a great 2011 season but he hasn't earned a monster deal.

I'm sorry but to go from winning a SB to this is unacceptable. I'd get rid of Coughlin, Gilbride and Reese now.

The lack of trust in our draft picks is the most troubling thing and I don't know who to blame but players are not developing at all.

1st - Hakeem Nicks - All pro WR, injury issues
    2nd - Will Beatty - Signed deserved long term contract this offseason, slow start this year
    2nd - Clint Sintim - injury forced retirement
    3rd - Ramses Barden - Talented (see Carolina last year) but not developed
    3rd - Travis Beckum - Talented but too injury prone & inconsistent, released
    4th - Andre Brown - Bounced around various squads before big chance last year
    5th - Rhett Bomar - Failed experiment to back up Eli
    6th - De Andre Wright - Didn't get past cuts 1st season
    7th - Stoney Woodson - :confused:

1st - JPP - 1 year all pro & downhill since
    2nd - Linval Joseph - Solid, underrated, one of my favourites
    3rd - Chad Jones - Who knows what could have been
    4th - Phillip Dillard - LB didn't play
    5th - Mitch Petrus - Didn't develop, waived
    6th - Adrian Tracy - LB converted to DE, impressed in pre-season more than once but never given shot
    7th - Matt Dodge - :rolleyes:

1st - Prince - Developing nicely but still not the shut down corner we hoped
    2nd - Marvin Austin - injuries & lack of opportunities, released
    3rd - Jerrel Jernigan - 5th/6th choice WR
    4th - James Brewer - Not trusted despite underperforming vets
    6th - Greg Jones - 1 season & released LB 3 selected in 2 years
    6th - Tyler Sash - Not many opportunities, drug suspension, cut
    7th - Da'rel Scott - Getting a chance this year, Waived 02-10-13

1st - David Wilson - fumbling issues & lacking trust from coaching staff
    2nd - Reuben Randle - 3rd choice WR & could step up if Nicks walks
    3rd - Jayron Hosley - One or two nice plays as rookie but demoted behind Ross/TT being back
    4th - Adrien Robinson - The JPP of TE's apparently. Lesser talented guys on the field before him
    5th - Brandon Mosley - Reserve/practise squad so far.
    6th - Matt McCants - See above
    7th - Markus Kuhn - PUP at present

These 4 drafts should be providing a core group of contributors to the squad but all we have from 30 picks is 6 starters. 13 players are no longer on the squad.

Jerrnigan, Hosley, Barden, Robinson, Mosley, Kuhn, McCants, Brewer & Scott have given next to nothing to date.

So the question is are we drafting badly, if so Reese has to bite the bullet, or are we just not developing players/giving guys a chance then Coughlin/Fewell/Kildrive are responsible

Advertisement