Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The signing of Myers has pissed me off a bit this season, so far. Everyone knew he couldn't block and that we were already missing our blocker in the back field with Bradshaw, yet we still went out and got him anyway.

General **** up the more you think of it. Leaving Bradshaw and Bennett go because you're paying stupid money to overrated players, and then bringing in the likes of Myers and finding yourself in a position where you have to bring in Jacobs by week 2.

Beatty is on crazy money and has absolutely stunk the place out this season, and as mentioned, restructuring of Snee etc is just daft when you're letting the younger guys, who can actually contribute and get some consistency into the team, go.

Also, cut Brown and get Rugland, Kickalicious guy, in. Was actually impressed with him for Lions preseason, and losing out to Akers is no bad thing, really.

FS, you'd find a kicker on the street somewhere in NY that could have made the 38 yarder he missed against Carolina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, cut Brown and get Rugland, Kickalicious guy, in. Was actually impressed with him for Lions preseason, and losing out to Akers is no bad thing, really.

FS, you'd find a kicker on the street somewhere in NY that could have made the 38 yarder he missed against Carolina.

And he missed from about the same with the game at 7-10 Sunday.

Letting Bennett go was madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

The giants have just waived our second leading rusher, Del'ray Scott

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    The giants have just waived our second leading rusher, Del'ray Scott

No idea why he was getting so many snaps anyway. He's reasonably fast, and an average blocker, but shouldn't have been getting the ball as much as Wilson or Jacobs in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

problem is we signed another terrible centre in his place

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    problem is we signed another terrible centre in his place

Can't be any worse than Jim Cordle. I hear Snee is possibly going to need surgery & could be done for the year.

A revamped line of Beatty, Mosley, Boothe, Brewer, Pugh should be tested out to see where we stand

Isn't Will Hill's suspension up this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

1ojcqsw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

In my fantasy football league with my friends I am 0-4. If that's not dedication to the G-Men, I don't know what is.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    In my fantasy football league with my friends I am 0-4. If that's not dedication to the G-Men, I don't know what is.

Its all cool, Antrel Rolle says you're gonna finish 12-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Keno wrote: »

Ha, snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Realistic expectations for the home game against the eagles on sunday???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Realistic expectations for the home game against the eagles on sunday???

We might win but only becuase the Ragles defense is terrible. Realistically they should beat us because their playing franctionally better than us. I think it'll be a really poor game with lots of mistakes. I think the team that can minimise the mistakes the most will win.

I hope for better OLine and DLine play. Let's start with the structures of this team. Eli is playing poorly at the minute but we need to protect him so he can play his way out of this blip. He has huge pressure on him at the minute but I think he might play a bit better on Sunday as I don't rate the Eagles defensively at all.

This team badly needs a win becuase going 2/3-14/13 will destroy a lot of players on this team. It's time to salvage the working parts of this ship and let's see who plays for the jersey.

I'm predicting a big day from Eli and Nicks. 300+ yards 2TD's no INTs! At the moment that would be absolutely remarkable but you have to believe that this team can do something otherwise becuase of our cap situation we could be in trouble for a few years. Also the pressure is huge on the coaches and players and they owe the fans a performance. Gilbride is moving closer to his last play call for the Giants so I hope he can open the play book and expand this offense and show that he can make the right call and cater to this team.

I fear for this team if they lose against the Eagles. I really do. I think Eli can get this team moving and hopefully Nicks can get back to form becuase at the minute he'll be driven out of the facility at the end of the season into free agency.

Oh good we are trading for another injury prone LB (& a guy who was beat out of a job by Chase Blackburn :mad:)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1797996-giants-reportedly-will-acquire-lb-jon-beason-from-panthers

Another one of these "if he recovers he'll be a great addition" like Curry & Rivers. We better not give up much

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Oh good we are trading for another injury prone LB (& a guy who was beat out of a job by Chase Blackburn :mad:)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1797996-giants-reportedly-will-acquire-lb-jon-beason-from-panthers

Another one of these "if he recovers he'll be a great addition" like Curry & Rivers. We better not give up much

Well, we have to do something, and in fairness, he had a lot more about his game than those two ever did. LBs like Herzlich should be nowhere near an NFL roster really, never mind a starting berth.

Agree on the we better not give up much though, considering he's barely played in two seasons. In terms of salary, reading he signed a $50m contract right before he got injured in 2011. Hope we don't go out and put him on a big contract either, all things considered.

Hearing rumours it was a 5th round pick. I'm actually fairly happy with that if true.

We should be nowhere near the division lead after the 0-4 start but if (big if i grant you !) and as expected the Broncos put up their usual 40+ points then we will be only 1 game off the lead. Pretty sad indicment of the division tho in fairness

We should be nowhere near the division lead after the 0-4 start but if (big if i grant you !) and as expected the Broncos put up their usual 40+ points then we will be only 1 game off the lead. Pretty sad indicment of the division tho in fairness

Saw this elsewhere :D

599755_10101745443908469_1912819409_n.jpg

Well, we have to do something, and in fairness, he had a lot more about his game than those two ever did. LBs like Herzlich should be nowhere near an NFL roster really, never mind a starting berth.

Agree on the we better not give up much though, considering he's barely played in two seasons. In terms of salary, reading he signed a $50m contract right before he got injured in 2011. Hope we don't go out and put him on a big contract either, all things considered.

Agree on Herslich. Think everyone wanted him to succeed because of what he went through to make it but he is very poor against the run & an utter liability in coverage.

A 5th rounder for Beason seems a bit rich for me. Not sure how we can afford him short of him taking a massive pay cut. We had less than $1million cap space

• Advertisement

Cap room seems to be in the $60k mark, so relatively feck all.

Snee to go on IR and there's still 4 TEs on the roster, so one of them may get cut.

Diehl is fit to start Sunday, thanks be to Christ.

Cap room seems to be in the $60k mark

Diehl is fit to start Sunday, thanks be to Christ.

We still have to account for Will Hill being back at safety.

David Diehl our white knight!! (we're f**cked!!)

I know, who would have thought that we'd be so thankful to have him back.

Seem the intent is to start him right guard.

I'd want him in left, keep Brewer in as RG, Boothe at Center, and get Cordle out.

You were spot on about Cordle, HigginsJ, the guy doesn't seem to be cut out for it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

So we've traded for Beason who lost his place to Blackburn who we let go last year.

Riiiiiiight

Aaron Ross put on IR & an OL Reynolds waived.

Will Hill is back (thankfully) & we activated corner Charles James

My god we suck. I really thought we would win (a bit comfortably) today but no the sucking continues.

We can't seem to sack anyone on the field & no-one has been sacked off it, ridiculous.

& we have now taken two time-outs in the 1st 2& a half minutes of the 3rd quarter. Are you f**king joking me.

Couglhlin, Kilbride & Fewell need to be sacked in the morning & we need to draft Bridgewater & trade Eli to Jacksonville or the arena league or somewhere where I will never have to see his bemused face again :(

A I was saying go Gmen!! :D

Eli realises he is allowed to throw to the guys in blue shirts right? So we can't rush,can't pass and can't defend? Is that about the sum of it?

Eli realises he is allowed to throw to the guys in blue shirts right? So we can't rush,can't pass and can't defend? Is that about the sum of it?

At what point of the season do we put Nassib in to get a feel for what he can do. No matter how poor the NFC East is we are not recovering from 0-5. The Raiders game after the bye week be a good chance to play him

• Advertisement

I would have laughed in your face 6 weeks ago if you told me Giants would go 0-5.

Depressing.

Advertisement