Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Didn't see the game and only managed to read up on it. Had intended on watching the condensed GamePass version of it over the weekend.

1TD 3 Ints for Eli? Already on 15 for the season, his total for last year alone. I know its not just him, but something has to change as this cannot go on. Love to know his true thoughts on the season so far, the coaches, the schemes, and everything else.

Mayock & Nessler seemed to indicate that he was pretty down during their conversation with him in the lead up to the game.

I can only imagine that every week he is frustrated beyond belief wit receiver group. At least 1int a week seems to be a tipped pass or a wrong route or a guy quitting on a route. Cruz/Nicks/Randle ought to be up there as one of the NFL's best but they are really doing Eli no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's looked visible dejected a number of times on the pitch this season, and for a guy who rarely shows emotion or lets the game get to him, that;s probably significant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Right now Eli isn't playing great but at least he accepts it now. That's a start of some sort I suppose. The performance was an improvement and we could have won the game. Eli's mechanics were off yesterday but I think the team played much better and we had some sort of run game. If we cut out the turnovers we'd improve massively.

At this stage we need a few wins just to keep the morale up.

Ultimately finding scraps of light from a woeful season isn't good enough. So far Eli seems to be taking all the blame but lot's of players aren't playing at all Tuck, Myers etc. Coughlin, Reese and Gilbride are going to see out this season which is a huge mistake IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Mayock & Nessler seemed to indicate that he was pretty down during their conversation with him in the lead up to the game.

I can only imagine that every week he is frustrated beyond belief wit receiver group. At least 1int a week seems to be a tipped pass or a wrong route or a guy quitting on a route. Cruz/Nicks/Randle ought to be up there as one of the NFL's best but they are really doing Eli no favours

Brandon Myers has been awful too. Shows how good Bennett really was last season. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a TE next year in the draft.

Randle was terrible too. Nicks doesn't seem to interested at all and Cruz hasn't been himself either. The whole team is playing poor. Even Weatherford's punts and Josh Brown's kicking haven't been good.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Brandon Myers has been awful too. Shows how good Bennett really was last season. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a TE next year in the draft.

Randle was terrible too. Nicks doesn't seem to interested at all and Cruz hasn't been himself either. The whole team is playing poor. Even Weatherford's punts and Josh Brown's kicking haven't been good.

Like I said I would honestly cut Myers now & be done with it. He is awful. I would love someone to explain how he managed the stats he did wit the Raiders last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

I definitely think that we will snap our losing streak in week 9!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

just watched game ... disgusted :(

def a winnable game

was last int on Eli or Myers? still can't decide

long wait til week 7 ... really hope 0-16 is never in question but at 0-6 ya never know

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Like I said I would honestly cut Myers now & be done with it. He is awful. I would love someone to explain how he managed the stats he did wit the Raiders last year.

apparently junk time catches vs D in prevent mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    just watched game ... disgusted :(

def a winnable game

was last int on Eli or Myers? still can't decide

long wait til week 7 ... really hope 0-16 is never in question but at 0-6 ya never know

Surely it was on Myers? I dunno, I thought after the first 2 ints, Eli played pretty good.

Eli has habit of throwing high but prob on Myers

• Advertisement

Just watched the condensed version myself now. Manning actually played fairly well after the 2nd interception, as Moist Bread said.

Jacobs showed some determination and drive whenever given the ball. Great to see.

Thought that Marshall's first TD was very, very disappointing from a defensive perspective. Hill pretty much just fell asleep and it was all to easy.

OL did well and Beason had a solid game.

Then you remember we're 0-6 and it all gets rather depressing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

David Wilson told reporters Friday doctors fear he suffers from spinal stenosis, and may miss the season's remainder.
    He's got bigger problems than the rest of this year, if the initial diagnosis is true. Wilson will get a second opinion on his neck/spine Monday. Spinal stenosis has been known to shorten NFL careers, like that of former Redskins LT Chris Samuels. The 32nd overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft, Wilson has rushed 115 times for 504 yards (4.4 YPC) and five touchdowns through two NFL seasons. He led the NFL in kickoff return yardage as a rookie last year.

Man that sucks. Spinal stenosis is what stopped Cooper Manning playing football in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'll tell yis one thing lads these are really dark days.
    Ive been a fan a long time and i cant remember when
    we've been this bad.

I just can't see where the wins are gonna come from?

The amount of silly mistakes we make is just horrendous
    and coughlin must have some job even getting them
    motivated to practice.

Ah I'm sure they'll get the win v the Vikings next week. I think they'll bounce back once the losing streak is snapped. I reckon they go 8-8/7-9 in the long run which is just off the 9-7 season last.
    Serious changes need to be made in the offseason though. I'd say a new Head coach would be a start.

I can't see us going 8-2 or 7-3 in the remaining games with the way we're playing, unfortunately.

Ah I'm sure they'll get the win v the Vikings next week. I think they'll bounce back once the losing streak is snapped. I reckon they go 8-8/7-9 in the long run which is just off the 9-7 season last.
    Serious changes need to be made in the offseason though. I'd say a new Head coach would be a start.

:eek: I'd be amazed if we manage to even split our remaining games to get to 5-11.

I think the worst thing that could happen at this stage is if we get to 7-9 as there would be little to no change as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Not a hope of winning 8 or 7 games this season.

I'd guess around 2 or 3.

yeah it can see 2-4 wins and hopefully we will rebound as well as KC next year

Hopefully, but KC werent as bad as their record last year if you know what i mean, and they had a very good run game in place already. A New Head coach will make guys step up to the plate aswell

Peyton hillis is working out for the giants today. If only it was the hillis of 3/4 years ago

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Peyton hillis is working out for the giants today. If only it was the hillis of 3/4 years ago

I heard DJ Ware was as well.

Only way I see him joining is that he knows the protections/offense schemes and Giants are pretty much bringing him in for a the season to help stop the rut. Basically, a lets get through this absolute mess as well as we can, move.

Must be bad news for Wilson if they are trialing a few, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I've been thinking, if your poor run continues and the browns keep playing decent and grinding out some wins, I reckon they would be willing to trade their 2 first rounders to grab bridgewater/manziel before vikings/bucs/cardinals etc get on the board.

Also in regards to myers, I remember chucky saying during the offseason how terrible myers would be and how it was a bad signing for the giants.

Knex. wrote: »
    I heard DJ Ware was as well.

Only way I see him joining is that he knows the protections/offense schemes and Giants are pretty much bringing him in for a the season to help stop the rut. Basically, a lets get through this absolute mess as well as we can, move.

Must be bad news for Wilson if they are trialing a few, tbh.

Read a few conflicting reports so hard to know. Some that he'll only be a few weeks, others that he is done for season & some that his career in jeopardy.

Think they have to sign a RB as Scott is out so only Jacobs & Cox (who lets be honest could be an all-pro but Coughlin wouldn't trust him)

I'm a bit surprised that Tim Hightower or Beanie Wells haven't been signed up. Both had trials already & you would think they have a bit more upside than Hillis or Ware.

I've been thinking, if your poor run continues and the browns keep playing decent and grinding out some wins, I reckon they would be willing to trade their 2 first rounders to grab bridgewater/manziel before vikings/bucs/cardinals etc get on the board.

Also in regards to myers, I remember chucky saying during the offseason how terrible myers would be and how it was a bad signing for the giants.

Our TE coach is probably the best in the business so was hoping he could work on Myers weaknesses but alas no. He is awful.

In regards to QB's I see at least 5 potential franchise QB's in the draft. Bridgewater, Boyd, Manziel, Hundley & Mariota (not saying all will declare, Hundley & Mariota could return) If all 5 were to come out & you add McCarron & Murray as guys with an ability to at least be worth a look at then this would lessen teams need to trade up & draft a QB.

is game next monday on eurosport?

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    is game next monday on eurosport?

Yea

can't see it on the planner but hopefully it will show up

great news doh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So Josh Freeman is starting for the Vikings this week..
    That makes me a lot more confident for a win because they
    just signed him.

So Josh Freeman is starting for the Vikings this week..
    That makes me a lot more confident for a win because they
    just signed him.

TBH I'd be more confident if Ponder was QB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264330/article/peyton-hillis-rbneedy-new-york-giants-sign-contract

Hillis is signed.

Terminator, Hillis and Jacobs in the backfield would have been a pretty formidable trio at one stage.

RB is a position that also should be addressed in the draft.

Advertisement