Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Anyone staying up to watch the game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Too late for me as I'm always up early for work. GamePass Tuesday evening is more than likely how I'll get to see it.

Actually looking forward to it, for want of a better word really. Really interested to see how the D copes with AP. He's on 90+ avg per game, whereas we have kept the last 3/4 teams, all with Pro Bowl backs, to circa 60 or less.

Offense really needs to step up to the plate tonight, cut out mistakes, and get the job done. I'm looking at you, Eli.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Working in morning so going to record it & avoid boards.ie, Facebook, Twitter, NFL.com, bleacherreport.com & walterfootball.com in work tomorrow (my employer is going to get a really productive day out of me :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Working in morning so going to record it & avoid boards.ie, Facebook, Twitter, NFL.com, bleacherreport.com & walterfootball.com in work tomorrow (my employer is going to get a really productive day out of me :D )

that's the plan for me as well

Interesting to see if we can get it done with Hillis and Cox at RB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

A WIN !! ! ! The reports ive read this morning have said that Freeman lost the Vikings the game, any of the brave who watched it confirm? On paper anyway the D seems to have kept the Vikings offense very quiet (they scored no offensive points if i read correctly)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Hillis, Rolle and Beason played well. Eli wasn't great. He's still too slow to release and is overthrowing. Nicks and Cruz weren't great either. The whole O looks shakey. This will do the team a bit of confidence now. It was an ugly game but not the worst prime time game ever as some would have you believe.

I'm calling it now Beason needs to be resigned. I know I was critical initially but this guy is a leader on the field. He was excellent yesterday. The defence did well but Freeman was pathetic.

Our playcalling on offense was poor. Still our blocking, pass-rush and protection weren't great. The Eagles are a poor side so I'm a little bit more optimistic going to Philly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

wawaman wrote: »
    A WIN !! ! ! The reports ive read this morning have said that Freeman lost the Vikings the game, any of the brave who watched it confirm? On paper anyway the D seems to have kept the Vikings offense very quiet (they scored no offensive points if i read correctly)

The Vikings suck. That is how that game went last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they stopped the vikings running game, and let them throw it. The giants were lucky Freeman was so bad. Not many other QB's would have been that poor I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I know the Giants have done mad stuff in the past, but are they worth a €5 punt on winning the SB ?? :eek: ie. are they capable of getting their shiiit together ??!! :confused:
    /ok maybe €2 (just in case) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I watched the first half then i was falling asleep. recorded the 2nd half.

Freeman was a joke. he showed why i was confident of us winning last night.
    The defense did well to shut down Peterson most of the night (he only managed minimal yardage)
    But the offense is a major worry. It looks like Eli and his WR's aren't on the same planet
    nevermind the same field.

That was one of the best game ive seen Rolle play. He worked his arse off and if the rest of
    the defense would follow suit then we can get a few more wins.
    Resigning Beason needs to be a priority so hopefully they can get it done.
    Hes such a presence on the field showing great leadership.

At last we have a win. bring on the eagles (with their own QB problems)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We fucking won!

steve-weatherford-super-bowl2.gif

Speaking of Weatherford even he has been terrible this year.

Just finished watching it. What an awful game of football. I honestly believe that if we were playing anyone but the Vikes last night we would have lost.

Antrelle Rolle won us the game with his INT & his block on Cordarelle Patterson on the long kick off return.

Don't know if Jon Beason is legit or if we have been so starved of decent LB play over the last few years that he just looks that way by comparison. Either way he needs to be brought back.

Jesus wept our offense (very generous calling them that) is awful. The o-line can't run block or pass block.

Eli looks beyond flustered. He should have been picked off at least twice with one being returned for a pick 6.

We were so lucky with fumbles last night. Rollie's int following Randles fumble & Cox & Hillis both recovering their own fumbled. Another night & they become turnovers.

Not sure if Hakeem Nicks is hurt, trying to avoid getting hurt or has just given up. Either way I think we should look to talk to Carolina see if they would be interested in a little trade.

Our special teams is worse than our offense which is saying a lot.

Can't believe that after a win I would be so negative but I saw nothing to offer encouragement last night.

Just 2 notes I would like to make about the Vikings. What a waste of Adrian Peterson & Jared Allen's sack of Eli where he grabbed hold of him around Will Beatty was a thing of beauty.

No miracle 2nd half of the season. We are a very very poor team who will do well to finish 4-12

Yeah I agree with most of that. I thought Beason was very good but maybe you're right. We've sucked at LB for a long time.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with most of that. I thought Beason was very good but maybe you're right. We've sucked at LB for a long time.

No I completely agree with you that he has been very good & needs to be resigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

big game tonight

badly need win in division

2-6 at half way pt wouldn't be bad after our start

Playcalling has been muck from Gilbride.

Playcalling has been muck from Gilbride.

:eek: get out of here

That's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Giants special teams again..

Thank Christ that's over. Defence was good but my god those are two crap teams.

• Advertisement

Also Fewell has done a decent job turning this defense around. Ya gotta give him credit for that. At the start we looked terrible but slowly we've started playing pretty well in the defense.

Cough-lapse in reverse this year I'm telling ye! I don't wanna say I told ye so but.....!

Cough-lapse in reverse this year I'm telling ye! I don't wanna say I told ye so but.....!

Hmmm beating 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. I'll hold judgement for the moment

Hmmm beating 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. I'll hold judgement for the moment

I'm guessing the 0-6 start has robbed you of the ability to tell humour

I'm guessing the 0-6 start has robbed you of the ability to tell humour

Possibly so!! (mind you the NFC East sucks so badly 6-10 could win it this year)

Possibly so!! (mind you the NFC East sucks so badly 6-10 could win it this year)

I'm not impressed with anyone tbh. Cowboys have a decent team but they are serial chokers.

I'm not impressed with anyone tbh. Cowboys have a decent team but they are serial chokers.

The redskins are looking good against the broncos at the minute

The redskins are looking good against the broncos at the minute

Are they? They look decent but the Broncos aren't playing that well at the moment either.

So with the bye week this week at the mid-point who is our player of the year so far??

The short list I have come up with are Linval Joseph, Cullen Jenkins, Antrelle Rolle & Victor Cruz.

I would say Joseph & Jenkins have been the 2 standouts.

If Jon Beason & Will Hill had been around all year they would have made my list as well.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with Joseph and Jenkins, and probably the former shading it for me.

Cruz has been excellent and reliable, and if Eli and the offense as a whole were up to scratch, his numbers would probably be even better. Well deserving of his contract now, it must be said.

Beason has helped turn this defense around, he really has. A real leader and an all action player. Amount of work he gets through is phenomenal.

Paysinger, while although he is nothing outstanding, has surprised me from what was at the start of the season a horrible group of linebackers. Team player too. Saw how well Williams was doing in the last game so offered to over his Special Teams roles in order to keep Williams out there. Deserves to be kept on, in my eyes.

Its more of a special mention, "Most improved" type award, that they hand out to the guy who use not be able to walk in a straight line, but now somehow doesn't seem too lost on a pitch :D

Advertisement