Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Have to agree with Joseph and Jenkins, and probably the former shading it for me.

Cruz has been excellent and reliable, and if Eli and the offense as a whole were up to scratch, his numbers would probably be even better. Well deserving of his contract now, it must be said.

Beason has helped turn this defense around, he really has. A real leader and an all action player. Amount of work he gets through is phenomenal.

Paysinger, while although he is nothing outstanding, has surprised me from what was at the start of the season a horrible group of linebackers. Team player too. Saw how well Williams was doing in the last game so offered to over his Special Teams roles in order to keep Williams out there. Deserves to be kept on, in my eyes.

Its more of a special mention, "Most improved" type award, that they hand out to the guy who use not be able to walk in a straight line, but now somehow doesn't seem too lost on a pitch :D

Yea Paysinger getting a "participation" award ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Diehl is having a shocking season statistically yet there has been a clear improvement on the OL when he played.

Tuck has put down the improvement on defense to Fewell simplifying the play calling like he did in our last SB run.

Next year I'd be looking to get rid of both of the above guys. Resign Beason and take a LB in the draft. Next year we might have to look at WR depending on Nicks, but OL, TE, RB, LB are all issues. Maybe even QB. I think we need to give Eli a decent run game and get him a big TE that can make plays. Eli is turning slowly into nothing more than a game manager. He is better than that. His confidence and accuracy are down and our play calling has been poor on offense which doesn't help.

Rolle has done excellent this year and he's really turned it around for himself and is starting to show his value. But a lot of respect has to go to TT. What a game he had last week. To come back from those injuries and to play as hard as he did deserves credit. If it continues to go well for him then he should be put back to CB.

Also apparently teams looked to am trade for Pugh last week? Seems pretty strange if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Does anyone have any recommendations (either europe or US) for getting Giants gear? Apart from the obvious ones like NFL.com

wawaman wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations (either europe or US) for getting Giants gear? Apart from the obvious ones like NFL.com

No idea I'm afraid. My OH got me a few bits from shop.giants.com

Really think we have the makings of a decent set of safeties next year.
    Surprisingly I'm in favour of bringing Rolle back (maybe at a reduced rate)

Will Hill is playing really well & if he can avoid any more suspensions think he can be a very decent starter.
    Obviously getting Stevie Brown back from injury will be a big boost.
    The coaches seem to have faith in Cooper Taylor. He is a bit behind because of the time he missed due to injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Hillis has been a huge part of last 2 wins

just move the chains and being a good check down for Eli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Hillis has been a huge part of last 2 wins

just move the chains and being a good check down for Eli

I loved watching Hillis play when he was at the browns. He was a monster who would through anybody (and jump over them sometimes!).

I hope he can get that form back.

Jerry Reese traded a 7th rounder for Jon Beason. That's an amazing deal. I thought it was a 5th round pick but link

Great deal

Red Crow wrote: »
    Jerry Reese traded a 7th rounder for Jon Beason. That's an amazing deal. I thought it was a 5th round pick but link

Great deal

:eek: wow it's a bargain already. If he can remain healthy we may finally have an all-pro LB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That is incredible from Reese.

• Advertisement

Ok so if Cowboys lose to Saints they go into bye before is at 5~5.

Eagles @ Pack (w) & Skins @ Vikes (w) so they will be 5-5 vs 4-5 facing each other. Say the Skins win that all 3 of those will be 5-5 by week 12.

We are currently 2-6. So say we beat Raiders & a Rodgers-less Pack to get to 4-6.

Week 12 we are home to Cowboys, we win both are 5-6. Skins vs 49ers (l) they are 5-6. Eagles on bye.

5 weeks of the season to play all 4 teams @ 5-6

Go Giants!!

Its actually hilarious that we are still in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The bye has felt like a loss with the rest of the division winning, especially with Skins doing it in OT and the Eagles putting up a load of points against Oakland.

We're lucky we're in the worst division in the league.

Keno wrote: »
    The bye has felt like a loss with the rest of the division winning, especially with Skins doing it in OT and the Eagles putting up a load of points against Oakland.

We're lucky we're in the worst division in the league.

Cowboys winning it late as well.

Looked like both might lose at one stage.

Wonder how Eagles will perform from here on in. 7 TD passes for Foles, confidence is bound to be high. Thankfully their D still sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Cowboys winning it late as well.

Looked like both might lose at one stage.

Wonder how Eagles will perform from here on in. 7 TD passes for Foles, confidence is bound to be high. Thankfully their D still sucks.

I think it was a perfect storm for the eagles. Foles had a career day and the raiders were a disaster. Rodgers getting injured gives us a good shot at beating the packers. If we beat them and Oakland the game against the cowboys gets a lot more interesting. GO G-MEN!

All of a sudden our schedule doesn't look too bad.

I would like to see this team put together a run becuase I think there is the talent there. I just think that we're going to be too far behind, if not all ready, by the time Eli decides to show up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Ok so if Cowboys lose to Saints they go into bye before is at 5~5.

Eagles @ Pack (w) & Skins @ Vikes (w) so they will be 5-5 vs 4-5 facing each other. Say the Skins win that all 3 of those will be 5-5 by week 12.

We are currently 2-6. So say we beat Raiders & a Rodgers-less Pack to get to 4-6.

Week 12 we are home to Cowboys, we win both are 5-6. Skins vs 49ers (l) they are 5-6. Eagles on bye.

5 weeks of the season to play all 4 teams @ 5-6

Go Giants!!

Yea till we(skins) beat you twice so its all the same to ya then:D

So Brown is back now for Raiders game. Still unsure on Wilson, seem to be waiting on results of a few scans, but the overall picture appears to be worrying.

Even so, leaving Wilson aside until we hear more, we now have Brown, Hillis, Jacobs and Cox all on the roster. How are Giants going to handle that?

So Brown is back now for Raiders game. Still unsure on Wilson, seem to be waiting on results of a few scans, but the overall picture appears to be worrying.

Even so, leaving Wilson aside until we hear more, we now have Brown, Hillis, Jacobs and Cox all on the roster. How are Giants going to handle that?

I'd nearly think putting Wilson on IR at this stage would be the way to go. No point rushing him back and aggravating the injury.

I want Brown to be involved early & often. Hillis is am honest plodder, dont think Jacobs offers much & Cox is an unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Aww lads, I was getting worried we were not going to win the Super bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277151/article/greg-schiano-leads-list-of-nfl-coaches-on-the-hot-seat

Tom is officially on the 'hot seat'.

Phew.

• Advertisement

Shaun Rogers placed on IR (I guess he will retire in the offseason). David Wilson also placed on IR unsurprisingly.

Markus Kuhn activated to the 53. He showed a bit towards the end of last year so be interesting to see if he makes any impact

What an excuse for an offense we possess. Andre Brown is a bright spot but god help us we are awful. How we can get so little production from Cruz/Nicks/Randle is beyond me (well I have an idea & it's rhymes with killdrive)

Our D has been pretty good recently, especially against the run.

3-6 & facing Matt Flynn & the Pack next week is another chance to beat a struggling team

We'll go 4-6 to the Cowboys and lose badly IMO. We've no offence at all. No QB, no OLine, no run game. Pathetic really.

What's troubling is that we could go 6-10 which could plaster over the fact that we suck. If we go with Killdrive into next year then were in trouble again

Cruz throwing Eli to the wolves on this one

"On that specific route, when you're running your route you kind of see the coverage and know that you're still going to do your job to get yourself as open as possible but you just know that it's going to be a read that goes somewhere else," Cruz said.

Cruz guessed that Manning didn't see Porter lurking, although it looks like Porter had already jumped the route by the time Manning was releasing the ball.

"When you run the route, you kind of know who is in your area and you kind of know when you're going to get the ball and when you're not," Cruz said. "And when he threw the ball, I was a little surprised because it's a coverage that we've gone over. I'm assuming he didn't see him in that area but that's why I was surprised when I saw it."

We'll go 4-6 to the Cowboys and lose badly IMO. We've no offence at all. No QB, no OLine, no run game. Pathetic really.

What's troubling is that we could go 6-10 which could plaster over the fact that we suck. If we go with Killdrive into next year then were in trouble again

I think we could get a good hiding from the Cowboys too.

So 1 game out of the division lead & a winnable game next week. It's the least hopeful I have been about the chances in a long time. We have struggling badly to overcome mediocre teams in our 3 wins & really all this is doing is taking us away from having a shot to draft a top 5 prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭boccy23

Don't agree there. I though Andre Brown looked good. Without the run game yesterday, we wouldn't have won. His running at the end of the game was excellent and the first time in years I can remember us killing the game by getting 10 yards on 3 downs when the defense knew they had to stop us. The run game is the only thing working.
    I though special teams was again brutal.
    Defensively we were "ok" and I thought for once against a running QB, we did a good job.

Think our defence has been doing quite well.

If our offence and Special Teams were playing to an anyway above average level, the defence would be looking far better again, I would say.

Those two units are doing them no favours.

The drive that led to a field goal, even though Manning choked the final pass to Cruz, was probably our best series. Manning actually made a few nice passes, a bullet to Cruz and hit Nicks on the outside. But apart from that, he was fairly poor.

That INT was hopeless, and the aforementioned Red Zone pass to Cruz should never really be seen by a two time Super Bowl MVP. His confidence must be non existent.

Starting to wonder if his best season coinciding with Peyton being out for the year is more than just a coincidence. Can't be nice this season for him, looking over at Peyton shattering records and playing out of his skin, while Eli is leading league in INTs and playing appallingly since the opener. (Actually thought he was really good against the Cowboys, despite everything)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

it's all about the W

we seem to play up or down to the level of the opposition

still 3 in a row is nothing to be sniffed at

beat Pack and we're back to 4-6 with big divison game to come

cowboys D is attrocious so we have every chance of winning that game

• Advertisement

Advertisement