Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Beatty is a waster. Paid well until he got his deal and now he's not trying as hard.

Nicks is another waster who's throwing a fit because Cruz got his deal in the Summer.

Eli needs to take a paycut in the offseason too. He's completely average the past 2 seasons. Our cap is tight and Eli needs to realise that he isn't the play maker anymore and he's turning over the ball like hell.

While I'm on a bit if rant JPP needs to shut up as well. Guy hasn't played well for 2 seasons and he's running his mouth saying that there isn't an OL that can stop him when he's fully fit. Well I don't know about that but he seems to forget that Tyron Smith absolutely abused him two weeks ago. There is definitely a question mark about his durability and production and if he can't get his sh1t together in the next year then I've no problem letting him walk out that door becuase he's been ineffective and he's not going to be worth the contract that he's looking for.

Would love to see us resign Beason but I feel as if someone will have to take a paycut. TT should be brought back as well but at the right price, we may need to go CB in FA too and possibly LB. In the draft we could so anything but honestly we need to go OL again. Tackle, Center and Gaurd are all needs and Pugh is the only guy who has done well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Dear god, just put us out of our misery this season and be finished

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Killdrive has to go now.

At least we can enjoy the playoffs in peace now, right? Right, guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Last night was just...Awful. Back to same type mistakes that we had in first 6 games.

In the long run we are better off losing remainder of our games, I feel. Even it is hard watching the Giants lose. Just hope we don't get embarrassed next week against the Seahawks.

I don't even know what the problem is anymore with this team. TC, Killdrive, Fewell, Reese, Eli...List of below par performances goes on.

Our roster and cap space issue leaves a lot to be desired right now. If that means not being able to resign Beason for example, people should lose their jobs.

If you look at things in the cold light of day, the roster and performances have been average at best over the last 5/6 years. If for arguments sake you took the 2 Super Bowls out of the equation, we have been really poor and the 2 SB's owed to us getting hot at exactly the right time and with a fair amount of luck thrown in. Things have to change in the off season one way or another. The division is very winnable next year once we get the right players in and out

• Advertisement

I think Coughlin and Fewell are safe. If Reese can free up some cap room and bring in some needs then I think some good moves along with the Beason trade will save him his job. Gilbride has to go but the problem is also Eli. He's still miles off. Our OLine minus Pugh has been a disaster. We haven't had the same production from our receivers and our TE play has dropped off dramatically. We've turned over the ball so much this year and Wilson is looking like a major bust.

You can say that collectively as a unit TE offense has been poor and that's down to Gilbride. But he can't be responsible for Beatty dropping off, poor OLine play, Wilson fumbling, Myers sucking, Eli being a turnover machine and poor route running. Ultimately Gilbride has to go but he should take that offense with him. I also don't think that a new OC can change it up that much.

If it was up to me I'd just try out Nassib for the rest of the year. Eli needs to really reasses himself and sort out whatever is wrong with him.

Really don't think Nassib is capable of making it, unfortunately. Although not much to go on, admittedly.

I watched back a few games before, and a big thing with most of Eli's throws is that if we try to develop the play any bit, he can't step up in the pocket before release, and it causes all sorts of issues. Underthrown passes, miscues etc. He just has no confidence in the guys out there, and its a situation that spiraled out of control, really.

Rivers was in a similar situation last year though, and that new OC seems to be reaping rewards out of his new system. Lots of quick checkdowns and nothing too complicated. When you start off, 1st season, like that, watch this space. Because that can only improve.

Wonder what a new OC would bring to our team. Definitely think they'd try something along those lines too, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Have to agree with all of the above. The biggest issue with Killdrive is that he apparently wants to do the same things on offense no matter the personnel.

I don't know what to say about the offensive line. I can't fathom Beatty at all. He has been a very solid LT for at least 2 years but is a shadow of the player now. Brewer & Diehl are done (hopefully my boy Brandon Mosley gets a chance to show what he can do now) Boothe is a solid player who needs to be kept around. Pugh is looking like an excellent pick.(would an experiment to flip him & Beatty be worth a look)

I am very worried about Eli. He's passes are like wounded ducks this year (&last year tbh) I have no idea what we will do with him, but if he doesn't do it next year we have to consider moving on

71 yards of total offense in 3 quarters!!!

Eli needs to be benched. He's shocking

• Advertisement

Pathetic stuff tonight

I'm just in. Thanks to Jeebus I didn't make effort to catch this one. 4 Eli Int's :(

Heads should roll, really. Embarrassing.

Willing to keep faith in Eli with a better/consistent OL in front of him and a new OC. But really, next season is last chance saloon. NFL is unforgiving and you can't have three bad seasons in a row.

That was one of the worst losses in the TC era. Eli was just so poor. 5 INTs is poor regardless of what your WRs or OLine are doing. Big changes are needed on this team and if Mara stops counting the profits maybe he can make big changes for this team because TC is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Red Crow wrote: »
    TC is done

Is Eli still the guy?

Couldn't bring myself to watch it, did painter get some snaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

shut out twice this year

i really can't see how Killdrive survives but i have bad feeling he will be kept on

davyjose wrote: »
    Is Eli still the guy?

Absolutely not. He's done in NY. Unless he completely turns around. His decision making and accuracy is so poor.

I'd be looking at a QB early in the draft tbh.

davyjose wrote: »
    Is Eli still the guy?

Think he could be in last chance saloon next year, mind you while TC is around he is going nowhere & apparently because TC has won a couple of SuperBowls he is unfireable

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clarehurler98

"Fire Eli and Coughlin" we've heard this twice before . We ended up world champions . Super Bowl 49 is for the giants . There's no ELIte without ELI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Had an exam on Monday so I missed the game. Twice this season now we have scored 0. Unacceptable.

Eli spoke out in defense of Gilbride again and put our poor show down to execution. I know Eli is sticking up for a friend but while I want a new OC and I would bring a new one in if it were my choice I feel scared to death of Eli trying to learn a new scheme while he is terribly off form.But then you have to question why would we keep such a QB if the system isn't working? I think there are some tough calls to make in the off-season and I think it starts with the sacking of Coughlin and Gilbride. Both need to go. Eli is in last chance saloon too as HigginsJ said. I like Fewell. He takes stick but with the turnovers we've had this season and the simplification of the defense; he's done a great job tbh and with a soft pass rush. With a bit more talent on defense we can get better especially if JPP can return to form next season.

I think the Beason trade, providing we can resign him, will save Reese. I know that sounds stupid but a lot of fans, including myself, wanted Reese thrown out before we traded a 7th rounder for Beason. If he can convince a few guys to restructure including Eli and get Tuck onto vet min and make one or two positive FA moves then I'll be happy. He hasn't left himself much cap room but there are players who should be taking pay cuts and Eli needs to give the Giants a hometown discount! Also I hope we don't resign Nicks. What an awful effort this season and the guy wants $7M+ per year with his durability and production? I don't think so. JPP will also be looking for DeMarcus Ware type money which will start in the off season which I hope we don't give him either but I hope we use some leverage and if he wants to play hard ball then let the guy earn that contract.

Also in the next few months Will Beatty needs to seriously reassess what the hell he's doing. Not worth anywhere near the money we are paying him and everybbody on that OLine could be replaced bar Pugh in the offseason. Also it's my opinion but I think Wilson is a major bust. The guy, like Eli, is a turnover machine and I think Andre Brown is sufficient moving forward in the future. If Brown can get a decent pre-season then I think he can get even better next year.

One good point from this year is Antrel Rolle, maybe he can let Eli know how he managed to turn it around because he was awful and he's suddenly become an awesome player for us. One I thing I will say to defend Eli is that our OLine has been trash and we've had no solid weapons to support him bar Cruz. Hopefully a few changes in the coaching staff including Coughlin will reignite a few players on this team because looking at our cap space we're stuck with what we have and TC hasn't been able to deliver to any degree of acceptability with this roster.

currently picking 11

hopefully we can get down to top 7 pick

we badly need to retool for next year

Unfortunately Reese is missing on a lot of draft pick recently

2009:
    1-Nicks: Solid pick
    2-Sintim: Bust
    2-Beatty: Pretty good pick (If he repeats his performance of this year than will lean towards bust)
    3-Barden: Bust
    3-Beckum: Bust
    4-Brown: Injured (but panned out after we signed him again)
    5-Bomar: Wasted pick
    6-Wright: Didn't pan out
    7-Woodson: Didn't pan out

2010:
    1-JPP: Solid pick
    2-Joseph: Good pick
    3-Jones: Injued (unfortunate)
    4-Dillard: Little value if any
    5-Petrus: Decent pick (Average backup OL)
    6-Tracy: Decent pick (Contributed on ST's and not much on defense)
    7-Dodge: no comment

2011:
    1-Amukamara: Solid pick
    2-Austin: Poor pick (Injuries and limited production)
    3-Jernigan: Too early (showing some potential as of late)
    4-Brewer: Below Average (Backup OL who has been pretty dang bad lately)
    5-Jones: Below Average (Contributed a bit on defense and ST's)
    6-Sash: Decent pick (I thought he never really got a shot on D but played solid on ST's)
    7-Williams: Good pick (A lot of production for a late rounder)

2012:
    1-Wilson: Too early (Showed flashes but injured)
    2-Randle: Good pick
    3-Hosley: Too early (Played good as of late)
    4-Robinson: Too early (Bust if he does nothing next year)
    4-Mosley: Decent pick (leaning towards bust though)
    6-McCants: Didn't pan out
    7-Kuhn: Solid pick (contributed well for a 7th rounder when healthy)

2013: (Pugh was a good pick but too early to judge on the others)
    1-Pugh
    2-Hankins
    3-Moore
    4-Nassib
    5-Taylor:
    7-Herman
    7-Cox

We need value after round 3 this year

Thank god only 2 more games

Excellent "1st half tonight. Jernigan having a good couple of weeks to end the season.

Eli is having another poor night. Some horrible misses on passes again. Had Nicks on a perfect play wide open for TD & all it called for was bit of air on a touch pass & he gunned a dart a yard in front of him.

Another problem is the lack of tempo on offense. Eli still letting clock run down to 1 or 2 seconds.

52yruu.jpg

34pyw3m.jpg

Eli leads the league in Int's (26) & delay of game penalties (5)

Gilbride still won't get fire after this season

Lots of articles recently about him not having O line with so he can't do what he wants

Most OC would have changed but it took our beauty 5 losses to do so & even then our O was terrible

He has been around too long

Quinn will prob be sacrificial lamb to show that "mangement are changing" and Tc will keep Killdrive

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Eli leads the league in Int's (26) & delay of game penalties (5)

We're never going to be quick under Gilbride. We always run the clock down to the last second.

• Advertisement

So the cough lapse was in reverse this year. Hopefully the 7-3 finish doesn't keep the wrong people in jobs. I think TC will last another year, as for kill drive and fewell? The opponents for next season are known:
    Home

Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons

Away

Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions

Advertisement