Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Saying Weatherford took a cut too now, so hoping something official on that in the morning as well. I've a lot of time for Weatherford, he has some great moments and he seems like one of the nice guys in football, so happy for him to be around again, especially if he's willing to take a cut.

Good start to the offseason so far, so hopefully we can pick 1 or 2 nice FA acquisitions and progress from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Knex. wrote: »
    Saying Weatherford took a cut too now

I did not think it was possible for me to love him any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Keno wrote: »
    I did not think it was possible for me to love him any more.

:o I know!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What can we expect from the giants for next season?

What can we expect from the giants for next season?

Way too early to tell, tbh. A lot will be decided on Jerry Reese, Free Agency and the draft.

Hopefully by then we'll have plugged some glaring holes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

We're going to stink it out becuase rumour has it that Joesph is gone. Beatty and Manning are going to probably underperform again. We have no running back, no pass rush and no linebackers of any note currently on the roster. Also if rumours are to be believed we're about to pay big money for an undersized corner.

Also JPP looks like Nicks 2.0 for commitment and injuries. Not looking good at all tbh. We only managed to beat poor 2nd and 3rd string QBs last season and I have little hope of that being resolved over the next year. We're 2-3 off challenging again.

While potentially all of that may be true, its still to early to commit to doom and gloom.

I'm not overly optimistic, but we are in NFC East, the schedule isn't the worst, and there's plenty of time left to bolster the roster.

September is when I'll start predicting things.

While potentially all of that may be true, its still to early to commit to doom and gloom.

I'm not overly optimistic, but we are in NFC East, the schedule isn't the worst, and there's plenty of time left to bolster the roster.

September is when I'll start predicting things.

Yeah we won't know anything about this team until we are a couple of games in because it's looking like we're going to have a lot of new guys on the roster.

Rumours today are that Peyton Hillis is about to resign. Tuck doesn't have a lot of interest from other teams, and Giants may get him back on a decent value, two year deal.

And Beason intends to test FA, so we may have a job on our hands there if someone like the Raiders, with a tonne of cap space, come in and blow us out of the water.

Rumours today are that Peyton Hillis is about to resign. Tuck doesn't have a lot of interest from other teams, and Giants may get him back on a decent value, two year deal.

And Beason intends to test FA, so we may have a job on our hands there if someone like the Raiders, with a tonne of cap space, come in and blow us out of the water.

Beason wants some team to commit high money for a 4 years. Giants only offering 3 with incentives. Good move from us. The last thing we want is a declining Beason next year with 21m or something stupid still guaranteed to him.

I support letting him test the FA market. We shouldn't overpay for him either as he has probably only 1 or 2 years left a high level

• Advertisement

Will be happy to see Peyton Hillis back.

Would hate to lose Beason but totally agree don't want to be committing too much money to him.

Justin Tuck will def find free agency a very cold place. If we could get him back at $4 million a year for 2 years would be great.

Really see no point on speculating on how we will do next year yet. We are going to look very different from last year

Stevie Brown has signed on for next year by all accounts. Ought to make few people happy in here!! ;)

We are close to signing Rashad Jennings apparently. But of a meh move if you ask me

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Stevie Brown has signed on for next year by all accounts. Ought to make few people happy in here!! ;)

We are close to signing Rashad Jennings apparently. But of a meh move if you ask me

Competition in camp maybe? He's not good at all tbh

Trumaine McBride signed to a 2 year $3.1 million deal (nothing guaranteed) Handy signing as he was pretty ok last year

Glad we didn't get involved in any of these OT's floating around. Insane money being spent on them. Let's just go with Beatty & Pugh and shore up the middle of the line

Pugh is going to compete with Beatty for LT in camp this year but you'd have to imagine that Beatty will beat him out as Pugh probably won't end up as a tackle long term in the league. He started fairly poor last year but he really started to impress as the year went on. He's a bit undersized and is probably better suited to the interior but if he's playing well at RT then he should stay there. I still think that we'll draft a tackle again in the first and take a C in FA.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Pugh is going to compete with Beatty for LT in camp this year but you'd have to imagine that Beatty will beat him out as Pugh probably won't end up as a tackle long term in the league. He started fairly poor last year but he really started to impress as the year went on. He's a bit undersized and is probably better suited to the interior but if he's playing well at RT then he should stay there. I still think that we'll draft a tackle again in the first and take a C in FA.

I really don't see the need to draft another tackle in the 1st IMO. As you said Pugh got better every game last year. I would def allow him one more year at RT & look to draft someone for the interior in the 2nd or 3rd round

O'Brien Schofield DE/OLB 2 years 8M

Know nothing about him. Cut by Cards and then again by Seahawks

O'Brien Schofield DE/OLB 2 years 8M

Know nothing about him. Cut by Cards and then again by Seahawks

Hmmm interesting. Never knew the Cards cut him...... Did he play much for the Hawks last year??

Linval Joseph has apparently told the Giants he's not resigning! FCCCCUKKKK!

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting. Never knew the Cards cut him...... Did he play much for the Hawks last year??

Haven't a clue man. Never even heard of him tbh!

8M for 8 tackles and 1 sack!

Poor deal tbh. Even if he's a monster next year we still overpaid for him!

Haven't a clue man. Never even heard of him tbh!

8M for 8 tackles and 1 sack!

Poor deal tbh. Even if he's a monster next year we still overpaid for him!

I had heard of him at the Cards ok but just reading up on his release there he was cut for failing a conditioning test & the Hawks claimed him. He started the 1st 4 games of the season but lost his position when Bruce Irvin came back. He ended up as a special teams player.

It does seem a very odd signing for a fairly large sum of money. It does bring back up the question we raised a few weeks ago as to whether we could be looking at moving to a 3-4 D

Vikings got Joseph :(

We picked up KC Guard Geoff Schwartz :)

and

Rashad Jennings :) - He looked good last season when McFadden had his obligatory injury.

We're doing work this off season.

Keno wrote: »
    Vikings got Joeseph :(

:mad: what an utter load of ****e. One of the few times that Jerry Reese has actually made a good draft pick recently & then we don't bother our holes hanging on to him.

Let's spend $8 million on a special teamer from Seattle instead.

**** off Jerry Reese, you haven't a clue what you are doing, ****ng moron

Without quite even realising it myself, I had already resigned myself to losing Joseph.

Jennings is decent backup, tbh. But that's what I thought Hillis, and even Brown would be.

Wonder will they let Brown go and pick another RB up somewhere?

Schwartz had a decent season last year, from what I can gather. Played in all 16 games but only started 8. Had the highest OLman rating at the Chiefs last year, apparently.

I don't know much about the man, though. Is he starter material for us?

Wow somehow we let Snee take a huge paycut and don't manage to resign Joseph and we sign Schofield and Jennings.

Massive step backwards for the Giants so far. Hankins will need to step it up big time now.

Without quite even realising it myself, I had already resigned myself to losing Joseph.

Jennings is decent backup, tbh. But that's what I thought Hillis, and even Brown would be.

Wonder will they let Brown go and pick another RB up somewhere?

Schwartz had a decent season last year, from what I can gather. Played in all 16 games but only started 8. Had the highest OLman rating at the Chiefs last year, apparently.

Yea we now have a few decent back-up RB's in Jennings & Hillis (& Brown if he were to come back)

I know little of Geoff Schwarz, he is relatively young though which is positive.

Jesus, only seeing the Schofield stuff now.

Yeah, have to agree. Add that money to the Jennings money (as mentioned in my post above I don't fully see the need for it), and its frustrating to see him leave.

Two fairly "meh" signings and one huge loss there.

The rebuilding of the OL prohibited the Joseph signing it seems, so you would hope he will start and I think he will.

He seems a stud and can also play RT if required.

• Advertisement

Also, we have resigned Herslich, Paysinger, and now Schofield.

Tell me, please ****ing tell me, Reese doesn't see that as enough and we also see Beason out the door along with Joseph.

Our D may well end up being horrendous. Again, but like, worse. :mad:

Edit: Schofield is down as a DE/OLB. (I also have never heard of the guy, and with a first name of O'Brien, you'd think if he was any good, you would)

Advertisement