Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, we have resigned Herslich, Paysinger, and now Schofield.

Tell me, please ****ing tell me, Reese doesn't see that as enough and we also see Beason out the door along with Joseph.

Our D may well end up being horrendous. Again, but like, worse. :mad:

Edit: Schofield is down as a DE/OLB. (I also have never heard of the guy, and with a first name of O'Brien, you'd think if he was any good, you would)

I don't see the rush in signing guys like Jennings or Schofield. They would both have been there in 2 weeks time for a bit less probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sigh... Even the Seahawks lads think its far too much.

Was hoping reading that would give me some optimism...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91231

Pros: He's fast, and a decent pass rusher. Couldn't get on a team for one of the greatest D's in modern history -Not a huge shame

Cons: Price. Untested, Unknown, etc...

Oh **** off. Joseph has apparently signed a 5yr $31.5 million dollar deal. What a boat load of ****ing ****e that is. We can't afford to give a star player $6 million a year but can spunk $4 million on some ****ing special teamer from Seattle. Reese needs to be ****ing sacked. Bull ****!! :(

We gave more to Beatty, didn't we? :(

That's a pisstake.

We gave more to Beatty, didn't we? :(

That's a pisstake.

Utter pisstake. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Brandon Myers is also gone. Supposedly he was our TE? I never heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Wow Jerry Reese needs to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

David Baas has been waived.

Talks of Shelley Smith, a guard, coming in from the Rams to add some depth.

Apparently he's a very impressive run blocker, but needs a fair bit of work on pass protection. Turning 27 soon, so a bit of time to work on him, and handy to have the depth.

If he's on a cheap contract, the consensus is that it could be good business.

He hasn't started many games though, and I myself know the square root of feck all about him, being honest!

Edit: Also, not sure if reported. But Stevie Brown on a 1 year contract. 4m, but that's the max he can get. Think base was reported at around 1.75.

Be interesting to see how the contracts are actually worked when all this settles down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Any chance for a marquee signing?

• Advertisement

In Free Agency? I just can't see it.

Especially if we're letting the likes of Joseph go for 6m a year.

JPP needs a new contract too, and they might even sit down with him this summer and thrash that out. He's on two down years, so knowing the way Reese and Giants think, they'll be seeing value there if he gets back to form again.

Center is our best bet of getting someone who will be an instant upgrade (not hard on our roster, granted).

I'm still hoping on a stud Tight End, but I feel we'll once again go serviceable and also perhaps try our luck in the Draft.

I doubt it. We'll get a C and then maybe a CB. I think that will be it bar the odd camp pick up and someone for depth. Some in NY are suggesting that Jerry Reese doesn't want lots of money stacked in the DL and that he didn't want to sign JPP and Joseph to long term deals. If that's the case then JR really needs to go. Hankins is completely unproven and JPP is injury prone and not playing well. He's not the sort of player I'd be trying to tie down to a long term deal. Joseph is the kind if player that you cut a few players for. I don't know anything about Schofield and he could turn out to be a good player but we way overpaid for him.

Right now we have a questionable QB, LT and interior OL. Is JPP able to play this year? Will he go back to 2011? We have a poor DL overall and a sh1t LB core. I'm happy with Prince and the safeties Hill, Rolle and Brown. Also McBride is a decent player and Prince is playing well.

So right now we need a RB, G, C, RB, TE, DT, LB x 2, CB and WR! I think we may get 1 LB in the draft and one in FA. We'll have to add depth at DT incase Hankins is rubbish. A CB and WR can be found late on in the draft.

It looks like our run game will probably suck again next year.

Red Crow wrote: »

So right now we need a RB, G, C, RB, TE, DT, LB x 2, CB and WR!.

RB: We now have Wilson, Cox, Hillis & Jennings under contract. Brown might be back so that will be that. It's a group that could be very solid if Wilson is fit but awful without him

G: Schwartz signed up & Snee taking a bit discount to come back. Mosley could be back-up but I could see us getting a G in the mid rounds if available.

C: Reports that we will re-sign Kevin Boothe who will be our starting C (which is fine by me) with Cordle as back-up

TE: I would not be averse to taking Ebron at 12. Brandon Pettirgew would be a nice FA pick up. Donnell & Robinson are the only 2 under contract. I am not sure Andrew Quarless would be the answer

DT: I do believe that Hankins is going to be very good (thought we got great value when we drafted him) Not sure he is a full time player yet & Joseph is still a huge loss. Jenkins & Hankins are more than good enough to start. Kuhn & Patterson (if re-signed) are weakish back-ups.

LB: Amen, CJ Mosley is the answer

CB: Prince & McBride are a start but it looks a very weak spot right now. Corey Graham & Kyle Fuller (2nd round) would go a long way to fixing the spot

WR: It is not a terribly weak spot but clear lack of a big man. If we don't go Ebron or Mosley at 12 then I would like Mike Evans. No one in FA excites

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Jon Beason stays!!!

Keno wrote: »
    Jon Beason stays!!!

What sort of contract?

Rashad Jennings gets a 4 year deal

TT is visiting the Raiders today. Will be sad to see him go

Giants sign G/OT Geoff Schwartz (4 years, $16.8M; $6.2M guaranteed)

Looks like a nice bit of business if he plays like he did last year. The reports are that Schwarz will play RT with Pugh at LT. I'd honestly be very surprised if Beatty was not starting LT next year

Kimberly Jones saying he will start as LG.
    https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/443844087310217216

Also, apparently we're making ground on former Broncos center JD Walton - He was out injured since Sept 2012, more or less.
    http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkgiants/2014/03/12/new-york-giants-sign-center-j-d-walton/

LT: Beatty
    LG: Schwartz
    C: New Center
    RG: Snee
    RT: Pugh

That's a good OL if Snee stays healthy and Beatty plays well. Still need a new center IMO. At the moment we only have Cordle and Walton (who was injured for two years but a good player apparently).

I would of loved to have gotten De La Puente or EDS.

Is Kiwi being kept around on his $7 million dollar contract next year. I have heard nothing about him being cut or restructuring

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Is Kiwi being kept around on his $7 million dollar contract next year. I have heard nothing about him being cut or restructuring

Well the Schofield deal is on hold now but I imagine that he was going to be replacing Kiwi.

Think I read he had 5m coming to him, guaranteed. Not sure if that's right or not though.

What happened with Schofield? Reese realised 4m a year was bat shit crazy? :pac:

What happened with Schofield? Reese realised 4m a year was bat shit crazy? :pac:

I'd say he took too many happy pills that morning. Schofield is someone who could of been signed for vet min on a one year prove it deal.

If Schofield falls through then I'll be happy enough.

Well the Schofield deal is on hold now but I imagine that he was going to be replacing Kiwi.

When was this put on hold?? It was a bit mental really

Think I read he had 5m coming to him, guaranteed. Not sure if that's right or not though.

That is a bad contract for us. He's never worked out really. Why did we even give him a big contract? He was always ok but nothing great.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    When was this put on hold?? It was a bit mental really

About an hour ago concerns over his knee

I see Rashad Jennings is a 4yr $13 million deal but only $4 million guaranteed so not too bad. Still he is being paid like a starting running back now

That is a bad contract for us. He's never worked out really. Why did we even give him a big contract? He was always ok but nothing great.

Aye. His versatility in helping us out at LB probably saved his bacon and added some $. Can't see anything else making sense, as even when he was DE 3/4 season's ago, he was inferior to Tuck, Osi, and JPP

• Advertisement

Aye. His versatility in helping us out at LB probably saved his bacon and added some $. Can't see anything else making sense, as even when he was DE 3/4 season's ago, he was inferior to Tuck, Osi, and JPP

Never really did anything as a LB. I really hope we take a decent LB but it's looking more and more like like we could be taking Ebron if we can't get Pettigrew. We can't start the season without a decent TE!

Advertisement