Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

With the Schofield dead I could see us offering that 2yr $8 million deal to Tuck now

Red Crow wrote: »
    Never really did anything as a LB. I really hope we take a decent LB but it's looking more and more like like we could be taking Ebron if we can't get Pettigrew. We can't start the season without a decent TE!

I think Ebron or Evans at 12 would really help the offense get back in gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I think Ebron or Evans at 12 would really help the offense get back in gear.

Yeah would really like a decent pass catcher bar Cruz. I like Jernigan but you get the impression that he'll never be a number 1. McAdoo said that he wants a good TE so hopefully we get something good there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The Giants have signed Free Agent Guard Geoff Schwartz, RB Rashad Jennings, center J.D. Walton and retained RB Peyton Hillis, CB Trumaine McBride and backup QB Curtis Painter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Painter? Jaysus.

Nassib most likely not up to it so.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Painter? Jaysus.

Nassib most likely not up to it so.

Probably competition for camp. Let Nassib and Painter battle it out for the back up job

Red Crow wrote: »
    Probably competition for camp. Let Nassib and Painter battle it out for the back up job

Yea exactly, be very interesting to see what happens. We surely won't carry 3 QB's like last year so it's **** or get off the pot time for Nassib. He will be given every chance to claim the spot & if it's close he will get the nod.

If he fails to beat out Painter it's another couple of picks wasted by Reese

Posted about it in the Free Agency thread, but Eagles getting Sproles, while not a long term move really, could cause a serious headache.

They'll just have so many options, it'll be frightening.

Jerry Reese did a good job signing Geoff Schwarz. I just wanted to put that out there so ppl think I am not constantly whining!!

Like you I wanted Jon Beason back but I think we have massively overpaid him. 3 years $19million with $7 million guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Jerry Reese did a good job signing Geoff Schwarz. I just wanted to put that out there so ppl think I am not constantly whining!!

Like you I wanted Jon Beason back but I think we have massively overpaid him. 3 years $19million with $7 million guaranteed.

It's good that they are starting to sort that line out. More moves to come in the draft for the line. The Beason decision comes down to whether he remains healthy or not. He is definitely worth that money if he plays with the sort of form he had in the early years with the panthers. But the team has so many holes, especially at line backer, that I think Reese taking a punt on him is worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Tuck has signed with the raiders, not at his best the last few years but sad to see him go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He was very inconsistent the last few years but I'm still going to miss him.

2yrs $11 million for Tuck, will miss him but think that contract overvalues him

2yrs $11 million for Tuck, will miss him but think that contract overvalues him

Massively. I'd say he was looking for a lot more too. Great servant to the Giants. Will be missed in the locker room too

We've singed Jameel McClain, apparently.

Won't lie, don't know a huge amount about him, but most quarters seem happy to have him in. Its an upgrade to the Linebacker unit, which is needed.

Apologies if it has been mentioned before but Hynoski has re-signed aswell

wawaman wrote: »
    Apologies if it has been mentioned before but Hynoski has re-signed aswell

That bye bye to terminator so? He did well when he came in, in fairness to him.

Still, I really lyke Hynoski and hope he can get back on track. He's pro bowl caliber, IMO. (Not that pro bowl means a huge amount, but yano..)

Knex. wrote: »
    That bye bye to terminator so? He did well when he came in, in fairness to him.

Still, I really lyke Hynoski and hope he can get back on track. He's pro bowl caliber, IMO. (Not that pro bowl means a huge amount, but yano..)

Hard to know as Terminator is also under contract next year. Hynosaurus offers more to the offense IMO but whichever gets let go will def find a landing spot

Very puzzled by the JD Walton signing. I would have assumed it was a 1yr vet minimum deal but it is actually a 2 yr $5 million deal ($3 million guaranteed) Considering the guy has not played Reese is putting huge faith in our medical staff. I honestly would rather have resigned Kevin Boothe to that deal.

Boothe seems to be looking for too much money. But he's versatile and he's a good player to have on the roster and he's a solid back up IMO. I just don't think he's a starter.

In the last two days, Giants add former Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and former Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond.

• Advertisement

DRC?! Fantastic. Really thought we'd leave him pass because of salary.

We'll have a pretty decent secondary next year now - Something perhaps I didn't expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

In the last two days, Giants add former Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and former Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond.

Pretty nice piece of business getting done by the Giants.

We'll have an awesome secondary next year.

Draft a LB and if Hankins and Moore can step up then we're going to be a pretty decent defence.

Boothe looks like he's gone so I'd expect a C, TE, LB in the first 3 rounds.

Maybe:

1st - LB
    2nd - TE
    3rd - C

Ay29K.jpg

I'm so happy right now.

Kiwi apparently has taken a pay cut, saving 2m on cap space.

I am impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Word of warning about DRC - he tends to drop off workrate wise when he has guaranteed money. Coughlin will have his work cut out to keep him playing to his ability. It was going to be an issue for whoever signed him.

Good signing for Giants at a good price. DRC got significantly less than he was offered by Denver.

Mario Maningham is back on a 1 yr deal

Mario Maningham is back on a 1 yr deal

I like Manningham. Hopefully he stays healthy

Still relatively young at 27, knows Eli well, and provides solid depth.

We have 3 slot guys now, more or less, on him, Cruz and Jernigan.

If Randle can keep on improving and be the outside guy, ala Nicks 2011, I'll be happy enough. Still question marks there though, and with a deep draft for WRs, wouldn't be surprised if we went for one.

Still, it means we can focus on other areas now.

DE, TE, DT, C, G/OT, LB

Not sure on order of necessity, but I do think our need for a linebacker has wained a little after FA.

• Advertisement

dZxUR98.jpg

Advertisement