Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Will Hill suspended 1st 6 games :(

Guess thats it for him as NYG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Will Hill suspended 1st 6 games :(

Guess thats it for him as NYG

That's much better than I was expecting, no way we don't keep him around

I'd like to think we will keep him on but that's 3 suspensions in 3 yrs now

at what point do you say a player had enough chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Josh freeman has been released. What the hell has happened to him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

With Eli back so soon and looking well, they were never going to keep Freeman, I imagine. Rumours of him partying away as well.

As for Hill, happy enough with that. I'm with Higgins thinking it would be more.

No way could we have risked losing him to another team either, he's too damn good. He'll come back at a decent time too. Very likely to have an injury in the secondary after 6 games.

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I'd like to think we will keep him on but that's 3 suspensions in 3 yrs now

at what point do you say a player had enough chances?

Fair point but he is only 24 and was one of the top 5 safeties in the league after his suspension last year.
    wawaman wrote: »
    Josh freeman has been released. What the hell has happened to him

That's a massive surprise. I really expected him to be clear No.2 this year, what a waste of talent
    Knex. wrote: »
    With Eli back so soon and looking well, they were never going to keep Freeman, I imagine. Rumours of him partying away as well.

As for Hill, happy enough with that. I'm with Higgins thinking it would be more.

No way could we have risked losing him to another team either, he's too damn good. He'll come back at a decent time too. Very likely to have an injury in the secondary after 6 games.

Really disappointed by Freeman if that's the case. We were a perfect spot for him, he could have easily won that No.2 job and if he waited 2 years who knows what oppurtunity would have came his way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Will Hill, a long with too many NFL players are seriously lacking in the smarts department. Don't smoke weed for a few years and you'll be rewarded with fame and fortune. Seriously, how the fuck can you not follow that?

That being said, 6 games is a joke given his history and it should of been a whole year. I'll take it.

Odell Beckham Jr. signed a 4 year $10.4 million deal

David Bass was released as a post June 1st cut so we get an additional $5 million cap space as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

• Advertisement

We may regret this. Such a pity, really.

Knex. wrote: »
    We may regret this. Such a pity, really.

I feel it is something we will regret but I understand the thinking behind it even though I do not agree with it

I thought this would happen

yes he is a very good players but there has to be consequences for breaking team rules over and over again

I do fear the he will end up in Dallas or Phillie but sure he's still 1 more strike away from season long suspension

Can't see him ending up at Philly as he was waived, not released. Perhaps Dallas might be able to get him, but certainly could see Washington on the cards.

Be a right **** up if he ends up in the Division.

Dallas have a massive glaring Will Hill sized hole but I doubt he ends up there. Going to Miami or Jacksonville in particular would be an obvious move back home to a team that could seriously do with help next to Jonathan Cyprien

Hill went through Waivers without being claimed. Balls anyway, every chance he ends up in the Division now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Disappointing to lose Will Hill but the guy had to be cut. After reading further into his personal life it appears as if he's a bit of a bad egg. Pity really because the guy has all the talent in the world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any reports on how Rusty Smith is doing in OTAs?

Any reports on how Rusty Smith is doing in OTAs?

He was cut about 2 weeks after signing............ so not good ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

shame , it was reported on the the titans sites, odd as he had a bit of a cult following

• Advertisement

we got another 1 :(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000355977/article/giants-jayron-hosley-suspended-for-four-games

Hosley is some waste of a draft pick

our 2012 draft is looking abysmal with injured Wilson and now this idiot 2/3 of out top 3 picks, the great JPP of TEs after that and then nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

shame , it was reported on the the titans sites, odd as he had a bit of a cult following

I guess if you read forums for all 32 teams you'll find fanatical fans for the backup QB.

The backup QB is the most popular player in town so they say

Yesterday's OTA's has the 1st string as

Offense

The first team lined up as follows:

Justin Pugh (RT), Brandon Mosley (RG), J.D. Walton (C), Geoff Schwartz (LG), Charles Brown (LT), Rueben Randle (OWR), Victor Cruz (SWR), Adrien Robinson (TE), Marcus Harris (OWR), Eli Manning (QB), Rashad Jennings (RB).

Defense

The first team lined up as follows:

Jason Pierre-Paul (DE), Mike Patterson (DT), Cullen Jenkins (DT), Mathias Kiwanuka (DE), Jameel McClain (SAM), Jon Beason (MIKE), Spencer Paysinger (WILL), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB), Antrel Rolle (SS), Stevie Brown (FS), Walter Thurmond III (Nickle), Prince Amukamara (CB).

Note that Will Beatty, John Jerry, Chris Snee, Mario Maningham & Odell Beckham were not available

I also realise the D has 12 starters listed but that's what was published. Clearly one of the LB's will leave the field on passing downs.

Adrien Robinson is continuing to have a strong OTA so touch wood this carries over to training camp

Other things to note include Ryan Nassib running the 2nd string offense, Cooper Taylor got a lot of snaps next to Antrel Rolle with the 1sts and Kelcy Quarless had a "sack" on Eli int the 2 minute drill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Giants have invited Tom Crabtree for a work out.

Like Higgins has said it seems that Adrien Robinson seems to be the stand out guy but it's early days yet. Jacquain Williams seems to be standing out too although he seems to be a solid enough player, hopefully he can develop further too as he impressed over the past two years.

Giants are also working out Victor Hampton a CB out of Carolina that is a bit lazy and has a pretty long rap sheet.

Multiple reports of Giants LB Jon Beason limping off field and being carted away just now

Ahhh b***ox

Multiple reports of Giants LB Jon Beason limping off field and being carted away just now

Ahhh b***ox

****, ****, ****ity **** ****.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/6/12/5804662/defense-shines-in-new-york-giants-ninth-ota

Ryan Nassib picked off 3 times in practise............. nice to see him learning from Eli!! ;)

Yeah, have been digging trying to find some info, but nothing. Just he felt something in his foot when running, and had to come off.

There nearly the ones that scare you the most.

Oh, and Randle's 'injury' was just that he got a slap into the balls when the DB went to swat the pass :pac:

• Advertisement

Beason suffered a ligament tear and a small fracture to the sesamoid in his right foot according to the Giants website

Advertisement