Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Larry Donnell lost on his fantasy football league last week as he benched himself in favour of Vernon Davis

Mario Manningham has been released today. Think it is likely to be the end of the line for him in the NFL. Will always have one of the great SuperBowl plays (not as good as Manning to Tyree but still pretty spectacular)

The Broncos cut Matt Prater & are going with Brandon McManus as their kicker. He is 3 of 3 on field goals this year with 14 of his 16 kicks offs going for touch backs.

Delighted for McManus & hope we don't regret the decision to release him. Brown is a good kicker but McManus has clearly got a longer career ahead of him

With the move we have also received the Broncos 7th round pick in 2015

We have all seen Eli play really well in the past 3 weeks. To back that up he is ranked as the 6th rated QB in QBR this year

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

HigginsJ wrote: »
    We have all seen Eli play really well in the past 3 weeks. To back that up he is ranked as the 6th rated QB in QBR this year

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

He has been very good and looks far more comfortable which is surprising really as he looked very out of sync in preseason. Hopefully Reese can see what a big receiver can do for Eli. We really need that big tight end as a target for him.

• Advertisement

OBJ is active and set to make his debut. Not expecting too much from him tonight but it would be nice if he caught a pass just to get going. No word on the number of snaps he will play but I would assume Coughlin & McAdoo will be fairly cautious with him.

Excited to see him play

Fantastic stuff & a good comeback from 20-10 down. Eli has 8 td's to 1 int (never an int) in his last 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just heard jennings doesn't need surgery on his knee (sprain) but not sure when he'll be back

Just heard jennings doesn't need surgery on his knee (sprain) but not sure when he'll be back

Yea it's a sprained MCL. He won't play against the Eagles & is doubtful for the Cowgirls. Have a bye week then so hopefully good to go at that point.

So Andre Williams & Peyton Hillis to carry the load. The running game has Ben pretty solid this year & truth be told I'm pretty confident in that pair. Loved the pick when we drafted Williams & no evidence to prove otherwise to date.

Peyton Hillis has been rock solid for us since last year. If we give Williams 20 carries & 10 to Hillis & they combine for over 120 yards we should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had not spotted this from Hillis until now.

http://telly.com/1OVN42B

• Advertisement

Jayron Hosley & Michael Cox have been added to the 53 man roster with Julian Talley & Chandler Fenner (??? Never heard of the guy) making way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

we're talking at bit too much this week for my liking

reminds me of Dallas game last year

hopefully lads will back it up this time

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    we're talking at bit too much this week for my liking

reminds me of Dallas game last year

hopefully lads will back it up this time

Looking like you were right with the Dallas thing.

Well that was pathetic, the amount of penalties was unbelievable. Next Sunday night will be tough & we will prob go into the bye with a losing record now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Well that was pathetic, the amount of penalties was unbelievable. Next Sunday night will be tough & we will prob go into the bye with a losing record now

it was detroit all over again. TBH i think the playoffs are gone, the eagles and cowboys are streets ahead of us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Cruz's season over. Our season over. I feel like not watching football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I just don't understand it, nice bit of momentum going with the 3 decent wins after a brutal start.

Offensive line was an absolute joke all night.. Did anyone wanna block and don't get me started on the penalties.

And to top it all off a lot of my friends are cowgirl fans.. Jesus I hate them more than any other team.

Some serious character needed and leaders need to step up and be counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Offensive line was an absolute joke all night.. Did anyone wanna block

That's the worst performance I've seen by an offensive all season by any team in the league, not just the giants. It really was an embarrassing performance. And lets be honest the eagles d-line is hardly up there with the rams or the texans in the league

Saw Pugh with a cast/strap on his left arm before the game and I got worried. Eagles exploited it from the first snap.

That game was rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Does any other team in the NFL have the capacity to blow up like the Giants did last night? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What an awful performance just rewatched the game there and it's hard to belive how bad we played.

I'd rather see Washington move up the depth chart than trade for Mike Williams. This team needs to sort out the roster instead of making silly short term moves.

Coaching just isn't good enough. How many different players are we going to give Flaherty to work with on the OLine? It just isnt working with him. Pugh was just absolutely brutal

McBride is on IR along with Cruz. Hadn't realised the former was injured. With Thurmond out for the year as well, that's a bit of a disaster.

Knex. wrote: »
    McBride is on IR along with Cruz. Hadn't realised the former was injured. With Thurmond out for the year as well, that's a bit of a disaster.

And DRC also seems to be missing game time every week now

And DRC also seems to be missing game time every week now

Season will be done for if he goes down as well. Its already looking grim now, as is.

To call Sunday a big game is a bit of an understatement. It really is a season defining game.

The 1st 4 games out of the bye are so tough. It is just so hard to get my head around what happened last Sunday night.

The o-line couldn't block anyone, the running games sans Jennings was anaemic, we had no pass rush, run d & couldn't cover anyone and I won't get started on the penalties.

We have really had no middle ground performances this year, we have either sparkled or been woeful. I am not enthused as to how we will get on Sunday night.

I think at this point we are looking at a 7-9 finish

To call Sunday a big game is a bit of an understatement. It really is a season defining game.

The 1st 4 games out of the bye are so tough. It is just so hard to get my head around what happened last Sunday night.

The o-line couldn't block anyone, the running games sans Jennings was anaemic, we had no pass rush, run d & couldn't cover anyone and I won't get started on the penalties.

We have really had no middle ground performances this year, we have either sparkled or been woeful. I am not enthused as to how we will get on Sunday night.

I think at this point we are looking at a 7-9 finish

I'm looking at it without expectation, really. I'll try not to think much about the game, and then sit down and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

In a weird way, this is Eli and Coughlin right here in a nutshell. Raise some expectation, get thumped. Backs to the wall, against a dominant team, and then come out swinging. So while I think we have more issues than I'd care for right now, especially with injuries, a little part of me expects some players to step up to the plate. We shall see.

One thing, however, is the likes of JPP and co better keep their mouth shut for the rest of the season. Talk is far too cheap when you go out there and slapped by a divisional rival, of all teams.

Not again.

Also, Fewell needs to quit with this prevent defence whenever he feels the pass rush ins't getting to the QB. I don't know what gets into his head, but we get hammered whenever we go back to that. Maybe its because the Run D wasn't up to it v Philly, but against the Lions and Arizona, it made me pull my hair out.

I think deflated is the best way to sum up my feelings at the moment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000411841/article/drc-im-playing-at-just-60-percent-for-ny-giants

DRC looking fairly doubtful for Sunday night it seems. We are so thin in the secondary at this point. Really have taken so many hits there in the last few weeks.

I assume Prince will have to man up on Dez Bryant & that leaves Bowman & Hosley to cover the other side & the slot, bit of a downgrade from DRC & Thurmond. I have been bitterly disappointed by Hosley since we drafted him.

Even more worrying is that if DRC can't go then our number 4 corner is Chandler Fenner. He has been an offseason member/practise squad player for the Chiefs & Seahawks since being a UDFA from the college of Holy Cross back in 2012.

We have signed former Cowgirl Kevin Ogletree to replace Cruz. Thank heavens we spent the 1st round draft pick on OBJ or else we would have nothing at WR at this point.

We currently have 5 players on IR who would have either been starters or big contributors this season & they are all either WR's or in the secondary (not to mention Geoff Schwartz)

Hosley is poor. Or maybe perhaps average, at best.

We seem to have been decimated with injuries that past few years, and this time round even more so than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Hosley is poor. Can't remember one decent game for us

He will get targeted early and often Sunday

Advertisement