Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

James Jones signs 1yr deal with the Giants

Not the worst addition considering he knows the offence from with mcadoo in GB

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

thats why he signed - apparently had offers from eagles and seahawks - but loves mcadoo - i think he could get cut tho - depends on how fit cruz really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

James Jones signs 1yr deal with the Giants

Not the worst addition considering he knows the offence from with mcadoo in GB
    thats why he signed - apparently had offers from eagles and seahawks - but loves mcadoo - i think he could get cut tho - depends on how fit cruz really is!

Could be a very good signing I think, beyond Cruz and OBJ it is a bit of an unknown bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Deadspin's 2015 Giants review is up.

Funniest one of the series so far.... OBJ is some fella.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-new-york-giants-1721065535?utm_source=taboola

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

not a good start to the season

1st team O and D looking very poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Anyone know anything about this new DT we've picked up from Seattle?

I see the lions just released Taylor Mays

Would the giants be interested??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just noticed that 4 of the first 6 games are night game. 2 Sunday Night, 1 Thursday and 1 Monday night game. Crazy. Will hardly see them live at all for 2 months! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

boccy23 wrote: »
    Just noticed that 4 of the first 6 games are night game. 2 Sunday Night, 1 Thursday and 1 Monday night game. Crazy. Will hardly see them live at all for 2 months! :(

Yeah, its pretty crap. That more than anything, is making me lean towards getting GamePass again. Means I can watch the game properly the next day.

Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, its pretty crap. That more than anything, is making me lean towards getting GamePass again. Means I can watch the game properly the next day.

Yeah. Never thought of that. Might do that as well.
    Does anyone know if you can download games?
    Travel a bit with work and it would be perfect.

• Advertisement

Yeah you can download them onto the iPad if you have one. Not sure about PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hi all, can someone catch me up on our pre-season to date. Been very busy in work & my wife had our 2nd child (life getting in the way of football!! :( )

What do we reckon for the season ahead at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Hi all, can someone catch me up on our pre-season to date. Been very busy in work & my wife had our 2nd child (life getting in the way of football!! :( )

Ha ha congrats J. At least you will be awake on Sunday nights now anyway :pac: Giants 1-1 v Bengals and Jags. Thats all I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The only positive I can take from the pre-season is the OLine. They look decent for once, nothing spectacular but it looks like a decent unit.

Everything else about our preseason has been a bit of a negative tbh. Nobody is really standing out.

Can't see Coughlin lasting the season particularly as his training methods have been a major contributing factor towards our awful injury record.

I'll try and write up a somewhat detailed post for you later on, if I get a chance mate.

Best of luck, and congrats, with HigginsJnr 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Why your team sucks.

Giants.

Pretty funny series.

When reading the Giants one I was like:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Keno wrote: »
    Pretty funny series.

When reading the Giants one I was like:

OBJ...
    Loves fine dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

the Jets retained the most important game of the pre-season last night...............
    the Snoopy Bowl yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh
    tumblr_lbud0cyro61qc17kho1_400.gif

Did any of ye watch the game? I want to say the Jets first team offense done really well, But in reality the Giants defense looked fairly suspect. Zero pass rush and v.poor safety play! were ye missing players or will this be the defense that hits the field week 1?

Watched till just after Mannings INT.

Giants are decidedly average. The OL doesn't look that bad though, which is one positive, I suppose.

We've been decimated with injuries again, honestly. Especially at Safety, which was arguably our weakest group to begin with, post draft. At the moment we have Collins, the rookie, coming back from injury. Merriweather, who's only there two weeks, and Miles, picked up from the Ravens. Cooper Taylor is just back from injury (again), and he also missed all of last year with an injury.

Basically, our star performer is injury.

I watched all of it. Giants shot themselves in the foot constantly, which is obviously typical. Interception for a touchdown, punt return touchdown and worse just so many penalties in key situations. The offensive line was good again, at least, but it is not going to be a good season.

Jets thoroughly deserved to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 stmag3

Looks like the Giants will be signing Stevie Brown from the Texans (formally Giants). He has not been the same since his ACL injury but he should off good depth to a depleted position.

He was depressingly bad last year, but he is, or at least was, an aggressive safety, so might suit Spags defense.

That's my 'optimistic' view anyway.

I think it is more so that he is a relatively healthy body as Safety.

We just released Steve Weatherford.... WTF!!!!! :confused::confused:

We just released Steve Weatherford.... WTF!!!!! :confused::confused:

I was half expecting this, looking into things the last week or so, tbh.

Just acquired P Brad Wing from the Steelers for a late round pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Weatherford's ability has dropped off quite a bit the last two years IMO.

Hope he can find a spot somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stmag3

Looks like Brad Wing has been brought in because he is more accurate then Weatherford, because Wing averaged less distance last year then him.

Did Weatherford take Kickoffs last year?

• Advertisement

stmag3 wrote: »
    Looks like Brad Wing has been brought in because he is more accurate then Weatherford, because Wing averaged less distance last year then him.

Did Weatherford take Kickoffs last year?

Nah. Josh Brown did them.

I think, ultimately, Weatherford proved to be too expensive, and he suffered with injuries and form in the last year or two, so they decided to move on.

Wing is on a rookie deal and they hope he can improve and bring a fair bit of value to the team.

Advertisement