Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

FB Hynoski has just been cut before the Roster Deadline today

Edit: WR James Jones and LB Ashlee Palmer have been cut too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hynoski? What the hell?

Perhaps its making cap space to sort out a deal for Eli before the season starts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

someone needs to pick him up, for the celebrations alone:D
    hynoski2.gif

Just released LB Jameel McClain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Talk of the Giants trading for Kam Chancellor....

Just cut Stevie Brown and added ex 49ers DB Craig Dahl to the 53 Man Roster

Just cut Stevie Brown and added ex 49ers DB Craig Dahl to the 53 Man Roster

Ex Giant too.

He's worked with Spags in 07, and also at St Louis.

Can't say I expect him to even be better than Brown, so its an odd one for me.

After dropping Ellis in favour of Nix, a DT Houston picked in the 3rd round last year, we released him yesterday for former Cowboys linebacker, Jasper Brinkley (who'll provide some nice cover).

• Advertisement

Eli gets a 4-year extension worth 84 mill.. Not sure of the guarantees yet

Edit: 21 mill a year puts him behind Wilson but ahead of Rivers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Glad it is all done before the season starts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

Eli career recap video posted by the Giants after the contract extension...
    http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Best-Moments-Eli-Mannings-Career/8b63f502-d081-4097-b970-f4d912e5b645

So yeah cutting James Jones might not have been a great move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

same s*it, different season

I'm so p*ssed off after that last night..

I've watched that 3rd down over and over again and I still don't know what the play call was.

Absolutely brainless from eli and the sideline

Handed Dallas at least 50 seconds, and they got the ball back with less than 90. They should have had 40, at most.

Just so damn stupid. If someone did that against me in Madden, I'd laugh my ass off even. Let alone the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I wanted to sleep on it before I posted because I wanted a rational look on it all and some hindsight. Now that I've calmed down...

Fire everyone.

I managed to avoid the score all day and just watched. Jesus. Absolutely brainless stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Advertisement

TC just came out and said he didn't tell anyone not to score..

(sorry can't post link, I'm on my phone)

TC just came out and said he didn't tell anyone not to score..

(sorry can't post link, I'm on my phone)

His post game speech even spoke about how he nearly always goes for the score, and sometimes he's wrong in that. Hence the third down play.

Couldn't comprehend the Jennings report.

Posted this in week 1 thread
    The call to tell Jennings not to score came from Eli, not TC. Eli thought Dallas had a timeout less than they did, and wanted to wind the clock right down, thinking Giants would just keep running it.

He was only corrected with regards to the timeout being given back to Dallas during that penalty before the 3rd down play, when they went to pass it. Probably explains then why he panicked a bit and threw it instead of taking the sack. He knew they had already fecked up, but he just went and made things worse.

Bizarre scenario, in all honesty. Its not something I ever expected from Eli or TC, despite the flaws that both may have.

Look, it was a shambles - I doubt Eli or even TC have had a single drive fall apart with so many errors all coming together at the same time at any point across their entire careers.

To me, this is detracting from a worrying performance. 17pts off of turnovers is definitely not "lucky" as I've heard it be described but you can't rely on that to win you matches week in week out.

We have no one who was able to put Romo under any sort of pressure all match. The corners were great but the rest of the D really worries me.

The Offense is entirely reliant on Odell Beckham to be able to make space. If he is double-covered as the Cowboys were able to do or if he has a bad game then the back up options are either injured (Cruz and Randall) or barely NFL quality (the rest).

None of this is new of course and it was evident last season and all through pre-season. We're just not a good team.

Considering our lack of pressure on Romo, the DRC and Prince were absolutely outstanding, the former in particular.

Definitely is worrying about our pass rush. Perhaps this is why Perry Fewell so often only sent three or four and put the rest into a prevent defence. Maybe even with JPP, he saw the failings and tried to compensate by taking out the passing lanes. We got killed in the run last year, despite it being our strong point the year before that.

I'm grateful that Falcons don't have any TE of note any more, or I'd dread next week. As it is, its still going to be tough. Julio in top form is an All Pro receiver, and Matt Flynn is as good as Romo in my eyes.

I just got a flashback to Romo fumbling the snap on the last play and having enough time to recover the ball, set himself and thread the pass through and still have not a single Giant within five yards of him. Those last two Dallas drives were pathetic.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I just got a flashback to Romo fumbling the snap on the last play and having enough time to recover the ball, set himself and thread the pass through and still have not a single Giant within five yards of him. Those last two Dallas drives were pathetic.

Same as last year when he had 7 seconds to stand in there.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/14/eli-manning-cowboys-game/

Eli told the bench, and they were on board. Seems Eli thought they were going for it on 4th down though, which explains not taking the sack a little. 4th and 1 is definitely easier than 4th and long, or whatever it would have been.

Whole thing is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

That last drive was criminal and so reminiscent of recent games against the Cowgirls.
    T.Romo pass short left to L.Dunbar to NYG 48 for 24 yards
    T.Romo pass short right to L.Dunbar to NYG 32 for 16 yards
    T.Romo pass short middle to J.Witten to NYG 19 for 13 yards
    T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to C.Beasley.
    T.Romo pass short right to T.Williams ran ob at NYG 11 for 8 yards.
    T.Romo Aborted. T.Frederick FUMBLES at NYG 16, recovered by DAL-T.Romo at NYG 16. T.Romo pass short middle to J.Witten for 11 yards, Touchdown

6 plays - 72 yards in 1:27.

There was no rush. They picked on the LBs in pass coverage all day. The corner play was generally good, but we are so bad over the middle with the LBs and Safety play is not near good enough. Based on this, we will be dinked and dunked to death all year.

Romo had 1 pass beyond 20 yards all night. 44 attempts underneath/mid range patterns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Whoever was involved in the decision to cut James Jones and keep Preston Parker should be sacked.

Reese hasn't managed to rebuild this team at all. I'm guessing Odell Beckham saved him last year. But if we go 6-10 or anything like that this year someone has to go.

Advertisement